Dark Phoenix (Trainwreck x Jack Herer) Flower Journal

• Thread starter PerfecTrader
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
PerfecTrader

PerfecTrader

What's good Fam and hope yall are well. This grow was my 1 scrog challenge plant I never made a Journal for. Took SCROG off so many times that I couldn't get it back on without playing smashing pistils. Even when tried(like 3-4 times with my scrog, a bamboo scrog, and a 4" flexible trellis net and every time I felt the same thing. That it wasn't right. I had ignorantly low stress trained the plant and it when would try to put scrog on, more than half the plants flowers were well beneath the scrog and that was after lollipoppin everything I didn't want in like week 3.

Just like with my past grows this last year as I learned, I just feel much better with the help of those here that are willing. So many have been so helpful and now that this is the only plant I have growing, the stakes are higher that it works out well. Going back to the dang dispensary is to be avoided at all costs for me. I have some mimosa x orange punch from last grow that will carry me through this harvest but after that I may be smoking this girl for a good 4-5 months. Well that is if can harvest enough to make it last.

I am unfortunately quite bad at keeping track of my grows and detailing them, likely a big part of why I run into problems. I do have most of the tools needed to measure important things when want to. Was hoping to post some pics, concerns and some questions in hopes of any recommendations or advice. Thanks in advance as always and stay you.

Her name is Puff. She is from Greenhouse Seed Co and supposedly I should be expecting/anticipating/not surprised if start foxtailing.

The Dark Phoenix is a cross of the famous California cut Trainwreck that has been a reference during many years for medicinal use for insomnia, pain, lack of appetites, mixed with the equally famous and mythical, Jack Herer.
By crossing the Trainwreck with the Jack Herer we wanted to bring the compactness and amazing foxtailing to the Jack’s smell and amazing production.

The plant grows relatively tall but still moderate for an indoor grow, maybe with the use of topping for the lower spaces, the stretch of the Dark Phoenix is very vigorous during the first weeks of flowering and will produce some strong branches that will catch up on the sides to form on a nice crown effect.

The flowers are as vigorous as the stretch, forming some beautiful and big preflowers early in the flowering, then they will connect together to form some long colas and explode in a beautiful sativa foxtailing bouquet with a very decent yield and colors that can turn from blue to deep dark black leaves on some plants, a beautiful expression of colors.

The smell of the Dark Phoenix is a must-smell for any sativa lover, the complex mix of flavors of the Jack going from the piney, earthy, and hazy, combined with the pungent smell of the Trainwreck bring some lemony and spiciness to the sativa mix. A great combination for a real explosion of flavors in mouth.

Today is Day 49 of Flower, 7 weeks in and I have a feeling I may have a lot longer to go.

Daytime temps and rh 77-81 and 35-40
Nightime temps 67-72 and 30ish rh

Hopin you can follow along @Moe.Red and keep me from touching any hot stoves till the finish line.
Feeding has been by way of blumats and I usually drip water at 6.5ish but often but 1ml/g of PowerSi Bloom
Below are some of the things I have given her
Stunted early on and thanks to @Shaded_One he said get of your ass, flush her, and top dress gaia 2-8-4 bloom, let dry back and then water in slowly. I did that and she seemed happier immediately after flush. 3 weeks later I top dressed again. Once a week I feed molasses and seaweed slowly from the top.

Questions
1. Should I add PowerSi to my res or no?
2. I have AN Big Bud, B-52, and Overdrive. Any sense in using any of them?
3. Have Mr Fulvic. Use or no?
4. Is it better to feed 1/2g per day or 1g every other so to speak? To let plant dry back or not I guess is the question

Some up close pics and the video are to try to show the leaf damage clearly

Dark phoenix trainwreck x jack herer flower journal
Dark phoenix trainwreck x jack herer flower journal 2
Dark phoenix trainwreck x jack herer flower journal 3
Dark phoenix trainwreck x jack herer flower journal 4
Dark phoenix trainwreck x jack herer flower journal 5
Shaded_One

Shaded_One

Hey bud you'll get there, Puff is a healthy looking plant overall and nothing to stress over about a few random leaves here n there. She def. looks like she has a long ways to go with all them white pistils but that was probably due to the colder temps you had them exposed to for a while and partially genetics. Cannabis likes it like a jungle..warm and humid! Otherwise she don't grow.

I would keep it as simple as humanly possible until you get comfortable with some grows. I feel like you do too much/add too much/always muck about so consider this a hand slap moment from your wiz :p

I know it's stressful buying dispo stuff and struggling with your home grown. We will get you there, and if you haven't already get some seeds popped ASAP

PerfecTrader

PerfecTrader

Hey bud you'll get there, Puff is a healthy looking plant overall and nothing to stress over about a few random leaves here n there. She def. looks like she has a long ways to go with all them white pistils but that was probably due to the colder temps you had them exposed to for a while and partially genetics. Cannabis likes it like a jungle..warm and humid! Otherwise she don't grow.
Roger that Wiz. If starting 8 of flower on a strain that may go 11, 12, maybe longer, should I still be trying to shoot for 40-45% RH?
I would keep it as simple as humanly possible until you get comfortable with some grows. I feel like you do too much/add too much/always muck about so consider this a hand slap moment from your wiz :p
You are right and reminders work well for me and I appreciate it. I have taken so much great advice from some great people and then errantly try to apply too much to the same grow. Honestly this has been the easiest grow yet but it has much to do with it being the 1st grow from start using the blumats and also top dressing the 2-8-4 as you said. Other than that I have fed a wee bit of mr fulvic and powersi bloom. Should I not add those because the 2-8-4 is enough?
I know it's stressful buying dispo stuff and struggling with your home grown. We will get you there, and if you haven't already get some seeds popped ASAP

Oh shhhhhhheet. I think Puff will take another 4-6 weeks easily. Startin next grow meow will send me into a panic due to being out of town at end of month. Shit wait, I think you are right and I am going to have to start sooner than thought. Both tents are in same room and I didn't want to have 18/6 sched and 12/12 again goin at same time. Hmm maybe I can use my 3rd tent but in a different room for the 1st month or so. Fk it the Wiz tells me to get down with Chinatown then we get down. Operation FK YO COUCH now in preparation mode. 8 strains FTW 😶‍🌫️
Thanks 🧙‍♂️

Shaded_One

Shaded_One

Roger that Wiz. If starting 8 of flower on a strain that may go 11, 12, maybe longer, should I still be trying to shoot for 40-45% RH?

You are right and reminders work well for me and I appreciate it. I have taken so much great advice from some great people and then errantly try to apply too much to the same grow. Honestly this has been the easiest grow yet but it has much to do with it being the 1st grow from start using the blumats and also top dressing the 2-8-4 as you said. Other than that I have fed a wee bit of mr fulvic and powersi bloom. Should I not add those because the 2-8-4 is enough?

Oh shhhhhhheet. I think Puff will take another 4-6 weeks easily. Startin next grow meow will send me into a panic due to being out of town at end of month. Shit wait, I think you are right and I am going to have to start sooner than thought. Both tents are in same room and I didn't want to have 18/6 sched and 12/12 again goin at same time. Hmm maybe I can use my 3rd tent but in a different room for the 1st month or so. Fk it the Wiz tells me to get down with Chinatown then we get down. Operation FK YO COUCH now in preparation mode. 8 strains FTW 😶‍🌫️
Thanks 🧙‍♂️

Fulvics and Silic are good to add but imo unnecessary at this point until you can just simply get yourself some harvest that is smokeable. Focus on keeping it stupidly simple for now and treat issues as they arise which in itself will be a learning experience for you. The 2-8-4 should be enough to get you to harvest alone at this stage. Throwing a bunch of stuff at your plant that you've seen other people use without really understanding why or seeing how it changes your plants isn't going to help you or your gals 🤙

Cannaman7

Cannaman7

What's good Fam and hope yall are well. This grow was my 1 scrog challenge plant I never made a Journal for. Took SCROG off so many times that I couldn't get it back on without playing smashing pistils. Even when tried(like 3-4 times with my scrog, a bamboo scrog, and a 4" flexible trellis net and every time I felt the same thing. That it wasn't right. I had ignorantly low stress trained the plant and it when would try to put scrog on, more than half the plants flowers were well beneath the scrog and that was after lollipoppin everything I didn't want in like week 3.

Just like with my past grows this last year as I learned, I just feel much better with the help of those here that are willing. So many have been so helpful and now that this is the only plant I have growing, the stakes are higher that it works out well. Going back to the dang dispensary is to be avoided at all costs for me. I have some mimosa x orange punch from last grow that will carry me through this harvest but after that I may be smoking this girl for a good 4-5 months. Well that is if can harvest enough to make it last.

I am unfortunately quite bad at keeping track of my grows and detailing them, likely a big part of why I run into problems. I do have most of the tools needed to measure important things when want to. Was hoping to post some pics, concerns and some questions in hopes of any recommendations or advice. Thanks in advance as always and stay you.

Her name is Puff. She is from Greenhouse Seed Co and supposedly I should be expecting/anticipating/not surprised if start foxtailing.

The Dark Phoenix is a cross of the famous California cut Trainwreck that has been a reference during many years for medicinal use for insomnia, pain, lack of appetites, mixed with the equally famous and mythical, Jack Herer.
By crossing the Trainwreck with the Jack Herer we wanted to bring the compactness and amazing foxtailing to the Jack’s smell and amazing production.

The plant grows relatively tall but still moderate for an indoor grow, maybe with the use of topping for the lower spaces, the stretch of the Dark Phoenix is very vigorous during the first weeks of flowering and will produce some strong branches that will catch up on the sides to form on a nice crown effect.

The flowers are as vigorous as the stretch, forming some beautiful and big preflowers early in the flowering, then they will connect together to form some long colas and explode in a beautiful sativa foxtailing bouquet with a very decent yield and colors that can turn from blue to deep dark black leaves on some plants, a beautiful expression of colors.

The smell of the Dark Phoenix is a must-smell for any sativa lover, the complex mix of flavors of the Jack going from the piney, earthy, and hazy, combined with the pungent smell of the Trainwreck bring some lemony and spiciness to the sativa mix. A great combination for a real explosion of flavors in mouth.

Today is Day 49 of Flower, 7 weeks in and I have a feeling I may have a lot longer to go.

Daytime temps and rh 77-81 and 35-40
Nightime temps 67-72 and 30ish rh

Hopin you can follow along @Moe.Red and keep me from touching any hot stoves till the finish line.
Feeding has been by way of blumats and I usually drip water at 6.5ish but often but 1ml/g of PowerSi Bloom
Below are some of the things I have given her
Stunted early on and thanks to @Shaded_One he said get of your ass, flush her, and top dress gaia 2-8-4 bloom, let dry back and then water in slowly. I did that and she seemed happier immediately after flush. 3 weeks later I top dressed again. Once a week I feed molasses and seaweed slowly from the top.

Questions
1. Should I add PowerSi to my res or no?
2. I have AN Big Bud, B-52, and Overdrive. Any sense in using any of them?
3. Have Mr Fulvic. Use or no?
4. Is it better to feed 1/2g per day or 1g every other so to speak? To let plant dry back or not I guess is the question

Some up close pics and the video are to try to show the leaf damage clearly

Your grow is looking good over all, just would say less is more, let the plant do what it does, it don’t need products from the shelf. They need some feeding, but there are way too many products out there sitting on shelves with the intent of making money over telling the truth that it’s not needed.

Somehow they work on convincing everyone that is new to growing to buy into what they push out, they know it’s an easy target.

Just water, water less, just when needed. Feed them occasionally, they ll fall into your feeding patterns. The plant any way is adopting to your environment, and training and everything else, it will adopt to what you feed.

Keep it consistent without randomizing much, so the plant can keep up, adopt and do what it does..

Less less less is more more and more .

Moe.Red

Moe.Red

First of all, if you gonna play the wall, you gotta sing with the chorus. It's blasphemy not to. At least I know what's spinning next, thanks for the inspiration.

41E532B5 B006 4786 B7F3 839288EDC7FE

7D7466FA 2449 4D30 8AD1 A88F749D607E

I'm gonna say a few things here that I think you will appreciate.

Use this thread like your grow diary. Literally. Post up data whenever you take it. Have your cell phone with you whenever you do maint, and snap a photo of every reading, every nute weight measurement, whatever and post it. Even if it is daily. Any time you do something. Even water.

Be honest with yourself. If you get in the tent, post it.

If you are posting more than once a day, you are probably overdoing something.

Growing weed is not supposed to be stressful. Mindset matters.

There is no plant you cannot grow. There is no plant morphology you cannot overcome indoors.

Yes you have a while to go. That's a good thing.
Your RH is a touch low. What equipment are you running - give me everything. What are your lungroom conditions?

I think @Shaded_One gave you the best possible advice on nutrients. Let's just keep the ball on the fairway all the way to the 19th hole. You can take out your special clubs next round.

I'm not trying to be your dad lol, but my biggest advice for you is to chill. I don't know why you had the net on an off and at this point it doesn't matter. Plants don't react well to helicopter parents tho!

When you have something you want me to see, tag me in. I sometimes get burried with threads and responses, its not because I am ignoring you. Tag me in twice if you think I missed you. I really don't mind.

Have fun.

PerfecTrader

PerfecTrader

Farmed Out! The wreck x Jack sounds dank, roll on brother,SS
thanks SS. I have had them both from dispensaries but never a combo. Seemed like a good hybrid to try. Smells pretty skunky so far

PerfecTrader

PerfecTrader

Fulvics and Silic are good to add but imo unnecessary at this point until you can just simply get yourself some harvest that is smokeable. Focus on keeping it stupidly simple for now and treat issues as they arise which in itself will be a learning experience for you. The 2-8-4 should be enough to get you to harvest alone at this stage. Throwing a bunch of stuff at your plant that you've seen other people use without really understanding why or seeing how it changes your plants isn't going to help you or your gals 🤙
Roger that and thanks again. Truth be told I have been using Mr. Fulvic since early veg and 2-3 times since the addition of the 2-8-4. The PowerSi Bloom I have added to the reservoir every other time I change it since have been in flower. I have never used Gaia products and am glad I picked it up last time was at a hyrdo store. So far so good and it really has been helpful and made this grow a cinch.

I agree about keeping it simple and suck it Puff you gettin AZ's best Tap water from here on out. I have to fight with my water though. My tap after sitting out for days or weeks reads 8.69 and adding ph down seems to not work. Added 30 drops to 3gal and it dropped to 7.5 after 30 minutes. Added another 20 drops and hours later the ph raised to 7.6? I shut off the blumats and willl calibrate manana and refill res if need be. PH is the single thing that has pissed me off more than anything since the day I started growing. 1 year of complete distrust for what any ph pen I have says cause they all lie and are BS. I get RO water just cause our tap is so bad and it only seemed to make things worse as far as being comfortable what I'm feeding them.

I don't mean to come off so helpless and I apologize. It is disrespectful to those like @CannaGranny and others who have helped me so much. I get a wee bit high on my own supply 🥳 and a few beers later I'm a floundering 1st time grower again 😆

CannaGranny

CannaGranny

Roger that and thanks again. Truth be told I have been using Mr. Fulvic since early veg and 2-3 times since the addition of the 2-8-4. The PowerSi Bloom I have added to the reservoir every other time I change it since have been in flower. I have never used Gaia products and am glad I picked it up last time was at a hyrdo store. So far so good and it really has been helpful and made this grow a cinch.

I agree about keeping it simple and suck it Puff you gettin AZ's best Tap water from here on out. I have to fight with my water though. My tap after sitting out for days or weeks reads 8.69 and adding ph down seems to not work. Added 30 drops to 3gal and it dropped to 7.5 after 30 minutes. Added another 20 drops and hours later the ph raised to 7.6? I shut off the blumats and willl calibrate manana and refill res if need be. PH is the single thing that has pissed me off more than anything since the day I started growing. 1 year of complete distrust for what any ph pen I have says cause they all lie and are BS. I get RO water just cause our tap is so bad and it only seemed to make things worse as far as being comfortable what I'm feeding them.

I don't mean to come off so helpless and I apologize. It is disrespectful to those like @CannaGranny and others who have helped me so much. I get a wee bit high on my own supply 🥳 and a few beers later I'm a floundering 1st time grower again 😆
Awwww Bubs, no worries. Just keep growing da good stuff! Did ya see that I won the photo of the month contest? Got all kinds of goodies!

PerfecTrader

PerfecTrader

Awwww Bubs, no worries. Just keep growing da good stuff! Did ya see that I won the photo of the month contest? Got all kinds of goodies!
Thanks 🥋 and your words mean much to me. As for the POTM I have failed you 😞 I was in a Mimosa x OP coma from last grow I harvested, that you taught me how to grow 🙏 I never saw that pic of that DP or it is safe to say I would have pressed LOVE/LIKE so hard I'd have broken my phone/screen 😶‍🌫️
There is nobody more deserving(to me) than you, and so it was written. So happy for you and can't wait to see what you won and what you do with it. Think I mentioned to ya a few times that I just don't believe in coincidence, none. It isn't in my nature so to speak and I just believe all things happen for a reason. Sometimes we're never privileged to know why and never will. Cheers to this one being so obvious. Was just meant to be 🙌

PerfecTrader

PerfecTrader

Anyone else have a mega-drooler? This drool occured in the amount of time(min or less) it took to get peanut butter out of cabinet and put 2 benadryl in her mouth for allergen reasons.
Next pic is her sayin fk your allergies
Next pic is my patio table that I thought looked unique. Get wee bit too baked every now and then and wake to weird sand scriptures and sculptures 😂

20230208 195236
20230207 103427
20230208 210919
CannaGranny

CannaGranny

Thanks 🥋 and your words mean much to me. As for the POTM I have failed you 😞 I was in a Mimosa x OP coma from last grow I harvested, that you taught me how to grow 🙏 I never saw that pic of that DP or it is safe to say I would have pressed LOVE/LIKE so hard I'd have broken my phone/screen 😶‍🌫️
There is nobody more deserving(to me) than you, and so it was written. So happy for you and can't wait to see what you won and what you do with it. Think I mentioned to ya a few times that I just don't believe in coincidence, none. It isn't in my nature so to speak and I just believe all things happen for a reason. Sometimes we're never privileged to know why and never will. Cheers to this one being so obvious. Was just meant to be 🙌
You for sure didn’t fail me! I had no idea myself 🙂 I did remember thanking @Moe.Red for the nomination and then I forgot. I happened to open the forum this morning and someone had tagged me in the winner’s post! I was pretty shocked. Was a great way to start the day! Pizza one day and this the next, man I feel blessed 🥰 Many thanks again to Moe And thank you for that fantastic Chicago pizza🥰🥰🥰

Moe.Red

Moe.Red

You for sure didn’t fail me! I had no idea myself 🙂 I did remember thanking @Moe.Red for the nomination and then I forgot. I happened to open the forum this morning and someone had tagged me in the winner’s post! I was pretty shocked. Was a great way to start the day! Pizza one day and this the next, man I feel blessed 🥰 Many thanks again to Moe And thank you for that fantastic Chicago pizza🥰🥰🥰
Well deserved. Cheers.

PerfecTrader

PerfecTrader

First of all, if you gonna play the wall, you gotta sing with the chorus. It's blasphemy not to. At least I know what's spinning next, thanks for the inspiration.
Wow Moe. That's some wicked great vinyl ya got there and yeah brotha I just didn't want any lost faith in humanity if my vocals were present. I love PF and it is what Puff has heard the most of. I have an alexa I found in a drawer and said 🤔 so have played music to them for months. Mostly PF, Tool, and Reggae depending on time of day
I'm gonna say a few things here that I think you will appreciate.
TY SIR! and you are very correct that I do
Use this thread like your grow diary. Literally. Post up data whenever you take it. Have your cell phone with you whenever you do maint, and snap a photo of every reading, every nute weight measurement, whatever and post it. Even if it is daily. Any time you do something. Even water.
🥺 my biggest fear is being detailed for reasons(mainly severe OA, CTS, and Ulnar + peripheral neuropathy) but I very much know what you mean and I'm going to improve bigtim starting meow
Be honest with yourself. If you get in the tent, post it.

If you are posting more than once a day, you are probably overdoing something.
Roger this
Growing weed is not supposed to be stressful. Mindset matters.

There is no plant you cannot grow. There is no plant morphology you cannot overcome indoors.
Ooooooooooooosahhh ☮️
Yes you have a while to go. That's a good thing.
Your RH is a touch low. What equipment are you running - give me everything. What are your lungroom conditions?
My RH posted I believe was very misleading. When I don't allow my oscilating fan to oscilate, you can add 10-15% right there. I will post pics of my ultrasonic humdifier that may have shit the bed due to, what do you know, me lol Stopped working and only beeps. Took to clean and res and all parts were GREEN
I think @Shaded_One gave you the best possible advice on nutrients. Let's just keep the ball on the fairway all the way to the 19th hole. You can take out your special clubs next round.

I'm not trying to be your dad lol, but my biggest advice for you is to chill. I don't know why you had the net on an off and at this point it doesn't matter. Plants don't react well to helicopter parents tho!
Nahh it isn't like that at all. I am asking for the help and appreciate it more than can say. As for the scrog coming off it was because I decided to flush her in the tub per rec of the Wiz. I think I had stunted her by overwatering and too hot of nutes. Flushed and let dry back 3-4 days and she perked up. Top dressed 1.25c gaia 2-8-4 and turned blumats on with 6.5 tap. They been doing better ever since then. 3 weeks later top dressed again with 1.25c 2-8-4, 4tbl mushroom compost, 4tbl EWC, that I mised in with about 8 cups of good soil then top dressed that.

No more helicoptering, check
When you have something you want me to see, tag me in. I sometimes get burried with threads and responses, its not because I am ignoring you. Tag me in twice if you think I missed you. I really don't mind.

Have fun.
Roger that and tyvm brotha

PerfecTrader

PerfecTrader

I just meant I can't believe you had a nomination and I missed it as well. So happy for you and I'm workin on the 🍕that got away 😆😡

Moe.Red

Moe.Red

Wow Moe. That's some wicked great vinyl ya got there and yeah brotha I just didn't want any lost faith in humanity if my vocals were present. I love PF and it is what Puff has heard the most of. I have an alexa I found in a drawer and said 🤔 so have played music to them for months. Mostly PF, Tool, and Reggae depending on time of day

TY SIR! and you are very correct that I do

🥺 my biggest fear is being detailed for reasons(mainly severe OA, CTS, and Ulnar + peripheral neuropathy) but I very much know what you mean and I'm going to improve bigtim starting meow

Roger this

Ooooooooooooosahhh ☮️

My RH posted I believe was very misleading. When I don't allow my oscilating fan to oscilate, you can add 10-15% right there. I will post pics of my ultrasonic humdifier that may have shit the bed due to, what do you know, me lol Stopped working and only beeps. Took to clean and res and all parts were GREEN

Nahh it isn't like that at all. I am asking for the help and appreciate it more than can say. As for the scrog coming off it was because I decided to flush her in the tub per rec of the Wiz. I think I had stunted her by overwatering and too hot of nutes. Flushed and let dry back 3-4 days and she perked up. Top dressed 1.25c gaia 2-8-4 and turned blumats on with 6.5 tap. They been doing better ever since then. 3 weeks later top dressed again with 1.25c 2-8-4, 4tbl mushroom compost, 4tbl EWC, that I mised in with about 8 cups of good soil then top dressed that.

No more helicoptering, check

Roger that and tyvm brotha
Sorry if that came off as condescending. Not the intention. Reading it back it kinda sounds that way.

Hoping the blumats help with the consistency.

PerfecTrader

PerfecTrader

Your grow is looking good over all, just would say less is more, let the plant do what it does, it don’t need products from the shelf. They need some feeding, but there are way too many products out there sitting on shelves with the intent of making money over telling the truth that it’s not needed.

Somehow they work on convincing everyone that is new to growing to buy into what they push out, they know it’s an easy target.

Just water, water less, just when needed. Feed them occasionally, they ll fall into your feeding patterns. The plant any way is adopting to your environment, and training and everything else, it will adopt to what you feed.

Keep it consistent without randomizing much, so the plant can keep up, adopt and do what it does..

Less less less is more more and more .
appreciate it bud. Yeah less is more will lead us to the promise land. Feeling things are going well with her so I am going to do best to stay out of my and her way

PerfecTrader

PerfecTrader

Sorry if that came off as condescending. Not the intention. Reading it back it kinda sounds that way.

Hoping the blumats help with the consistency.
Not even in the slightest my man. My apologies if got too baked and replied in any way as such. Been testing out these new beers from Mother Road Brewing Co and they have 2 that I like, Limited Visibility and Daily Driver. Unfortunately either of them can turn me into captain come-off wrong in 60 seconds 😁
Your advise and help in ANY capacity is invaluable to me 🙏

Shaded_One

Shaded_One

@PerfecTrader we love you buddy and just want to see you succeed! It can be frustrating watching from the distance with remote support being the only method of help we can provide. There's a reason why I refuse to do IT support over the phone 🤣

Some times too many variables can make things overwhelming. That's why I suggested cutting things down to the bare minimum and seeing what you can do without all the added jazz. Your post above regarding pH'ing water made me chuckle. @Aqua Man has exhausted himself so many times on why treating the soil is much more effective than treating the water source when it comes to pH. He's explained it in detail in other threads. Your soil should have the capacity and additives to self-buffer your pH for the grow(this is specifically why I use fresh promix every run)

Dolomitic Lime
Calcitic Lime
Oyster Shell

Just a couple additives that buffer pH. Shit now I'm giving you more things 😦 or just use promix as your medium

It's not that the 2-8-4 "is enough" it's just the other stuff is probably unnecessary at this phase and stage. The 2-8-4 covers your macronutrients (N-P-K) for plant growth. Fulvics and Silica are not macronutrients, I would classify them as supplements. With that being said there are some natural fulvics and humics that come with the GG Power Bloom.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Top Bottom