Day 11 from sprout whats going on...

• Thread starter Jklem
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Aqua Man

Aqua Man

Hmm don't see a date on the bottle but I just bought it a month ago from Amazon. Idk if that matters
Should be a date 100% I hope they didn't wipe it off and sell you an expired bottle.

Fuzzydankster

Fuzzydankster

If you suspect algea growing in your reservoir you have a light leak to it which is not good. I use both hydrogaurd and great white shark for my roots. They love it

Jklem

Jklem

Should be a date 100% I hope they didn't wipe it off and sell you an expired bottle.
They have a factory stamp on it. Trying to look for it. Sr2168320101a-2 I have a new bottle too and has a similar code no date though

Aqua Man

Aqua Man

If you suspect algea growing in your reservoir you have a light leak to it which is not good. I use both hydrogaurd and great white shark for my roots. They love it
Algae from light leaks will be green. Diatoms will be brown dont need light and feed off silica. If its slimey its bacteria and can be white, brown or even green (cynobateria)

This is a bacterial infection of the roots (likely pythium) the strain bacillus amyloliquefaciens (active ingredient in hydrogaurd) will kill and prevent pythium and has been used in big agriculture for a long time for that exact purpose.

Aqua Man

Aqua Man

They have a factory stamp on it. Trying to look for it. Sr2168320101a-2 I have a new bottle too and has a similar code no date though
I'll try to find where but check the bottom. It's also only good for 6 months after opening and if it freezes its garbage.

Aqua Man

Aqua Man

If there is no date I would ask for full refund and order elsewhere

Aqua Man

Aqua Man

Yup they changed the date codes so there are in that code that bottled expired Aug5 2020

The first 3 numbers are the number of days in that year 216 (first 3 numbers) is Aug5. The next number is the last number for the year 2018. It has a 2 yr shelf life

Last edited:
Jklem

Jklem

If there is no date I would ask for full refund and order elsewhere
Alright ill just order it offline of Walmart. Seems to be quickest delivery next Wednesday i still uses what I got now hopefully it can maintain it until next res change. I will rinse roots everyday up until res change

Jklem

Jklem

also wanted to add, after rinsing ny roots the clawing I couldn't figure out has begin to not claw as hard

Jklem

Jklem

Thank you for all the help so far guys. Rather get these problems dealt with early before it affects my precious flowering haha. I've been learning so much

Aqua Man

Aqua Man

Funny story about that. Again ordered through Amazon but was a secondary seller. They sent me a pair of clippers instead of the fungicide... lol nothing wants this to work but ill look around for somewhere else for that too. Does it expire? Lol
Yes 2 yrs also. You can find it at a lot of stores in the US

Jklem

Jklem

Top Bottom