Day 11 from sprout whats going on...

• Thread starter Jklem
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Jklem

Jklem

Everything still looking good for big one? I can't get the nutes righy. She just keep eating so I been topping res off with a bloom ratio just making sure the leafs still look like right color

Jklem

Jklem

I have been adding a bloom mix and topping off the res. Its drinking alot now. Still can't get the ppms right. Ph is dropping also which I assume is from all the water its been drinking so its been making the water more acidic

Jklem

Jklem

Just double checking if this would be trichomes forming or if its powdery mildew. Shes been stacking

Aqua Man

Aqua Man

Its not uncommon to see a ph drop in flower depending on the nutrient makeup. Don't cut nitrogen to much yet. Stick with grow nutrients for now. Ph will typi

With low humidity they are gonna drink a lot more. So keep light in the total ppm but watch the ratios at this point.

You will find Ph will change from lights on to lights out from nutrients uptake If you can check a few times a day and record times we can try to get an idea of why its dropping. I suspect from the increase potassium.

What nutrients are you using?

Jklem

Jklem

Its not uncommon to see a ph drop in flower depending on the nutrient makeup. Don't cut nitrogen to much yet. Stick with grow nutrients for now. Ph will typi

With low humidity they are gonna drink a lot more. So keep light in the total ppm but watch the ratios at this point.

You will find Ph will change from lights on to lights out from nutrients uptake If you can check a few times a day and record times we can try to get an idea of why its dropping. I suspect from the increase potassium.

Using the gh line. Gro bloom micro trio. Liquid koolbloom florious plus floranectar diamond nectar. Armor si and rapid start

Jklem

Jklem

Also my ppms start mid 500 to low 600s and drink about a gallon and a half a day. The drop in ph isn't too drastic. I check usually twice a day. In morning its 5.5 then I put it to 5.8. Then its around 5.7 when I get home 8 hours later

Aqua Man

Aqua Man

Hey guys. Should I worry about purple/red stems on fan leaves? Have it on both plants
Notice the red is only on light exposed stems? If so no worries. I dont think its anything to worry about in your case.

Drop the kool bloom are you are using it?

RR1

RR1

I just switched the res out. Filled with 3 gallons. 1.5 ml of calmag 1.5 ml of hydroguard. Ppm are at 30. Ph is at 5.6. 1 inch below netpot i also pour 12 cups of water to go through the hydroton to cleanse the roots of the old nutes. I didn't resoak the rockwool though because it's still damp so the nutes are still in the rockwool though. Thanks again. All we can do is wait now. The light is now at 30in 75 percent
Always run your res between 6.0 and 6.4. 5.6 is on low side, and gives you no leeway at all. It also sounds like you need a little more knowledge as you get started. Always like Jorge Cervantes books on indoor growing. Always easier to avoid crap than to fix it. In reality I don't even take TDS readings anymore, and I am a water chemist by trade. Until you get a better feel for the strains you grow, use manufacturers recipe, but cut in half till you know what your strain can handle. And stop adjusting pH so much. Just keep it between 5.9-6.5 or so. Everytime you adjust you drive salt levels/TDS levels up.
Hope this helps.
RR1

Aqua Man

Aqua Man

Yup was using 2.5ml and they are exposed to light
Don't use the koolbloom you are changing the ratios already by using the 3 part.

IME and opinion 5.6-6.0 in hydro. Depending on the chelation used micros can become an issue.

Aqua Man

Aqua Man

Always run your res between 6.0 and 6.4. 5.6 is on low side, and gives you no leeway at all. It also sounds like you need a little more knowledge as you get started. Always like Jorge Cervantes books on indoor growing. Always easier to avoid crap than to fix it. In reality I don't even take TDS readings anymore, and I am a water chemist by trade. Until you get a better feel for the strains you grow, use manufacturers recipe, but cut in half till you know what your strain can handle. And stop adjusting pH so much. Just keep it between 5.9-6.5 or so. Everytime you adjust you drive salt levels/TDS levels up.
Hope this helps.
RR1
???? Everytime you adjust ph you drive salt levels up?

Ph 6.5 in hydro? Can you elaborate because I don't get your thinking.

Hydro has come a long ways since Jorge Cervantes.

Jklem

Jklem

Don't use the koolbloom you are changing the ratios already by using the 3 part.

IME and opinion 5.6-6.0 in hydro. Depending on the chelation used micros can become an issue.
Okay are the other nutes okay. Use florablend in early flower and also floranectar

Badchoice

Badchoice

Hey guys. Should I worry about purple/red stems on fan leaves? Have it on both plants
Some strains have that in their genetics, their is a super rare disease that I think only shows up if you have like zero mag or boron or whatever in the plant. The plant I grew outside during the summer had purple in the stems, perfect example is the strain dark devil lol look that up if you wanna see one of the funkiest looking strain

RR1

RR1

???? Everytime you adjust ph you drive salt levels up?

Ph 6.5 in hydro? Can you elaborate because I don't get your thinking.

Hydro has come a long ways since Jorge Cervantes.
Any time you add any pH up or down, (or most nutes for that matter) you are increasing mineral salts in solution, either hydroxide salts or different acid salts. As far as range, some folks get too hung up on perfect pH. I do quite well by just keeping a decent range of 5.9-6.4. True that having everything as perfect as possible is a good thing, but for some of the newer folks they have trouble with all the shit rolling around in their heads. Lot of info out there, (somtimes a little too much), but the truth is just learning basics first, growing healthy plants simply is always the best way to start. Advanced growing is exactly that; Advanced. I started out using cow shit and bag seed in 1979. These days I use a 7ft tent with 2200 watts of light, using Oxygen pot system and scrogging, and produce 3.5+lbs every 4 months. But I sure didn't start that way.
By the way Jorge still knows how to grow good shit, even though he/I is a bit old school. ;)
Peace
RR1

Aqua Man

Aqua Man

Any time you add any pH up or down, (or most nutes for that matter) you are increasing mineral salts in solution, either hydroxide salts or different acid salts. As far as range, some folks get too hung up on perfect pH. I do quite well by just keeping a decent range of 5.9-6.4. True that having everything as perfect as possible is a good thing, but for some of the newer folks they have trouble with all the shit rolling around in their heads. Lot of info out there, (somtimes a little too much), but the truth is just learning basics first, growing healthy plants simply is always the best way to start. Advanced growing is exactly that; Advanced. I started out using cow shit and bag seed in 1979. These days I use a 7ft tent with 2200 watts of light, using Oxygen pot system and scrogging, and produce 3.5+lbs every 4 months. But I sure didn't start that way.
By the way Jorge still knows how to grow good shit, even though he/I is a bit old school. ;)
Peace
RR1
Fair enough and i agree an absolute goldmine of info bit not so much known for his hydro.

I agree a with the keeping it simple but disagree about PH. IMO ratio and PH are pivotal to understand and control in hydro. I would say they make up 90% of issues.

Then again to your point if the nutrient ratios adjusted and chelates are good I can see those PHs working for you but I still feel like they are not optimal.

I also agree that people seed to learn the basics but should try to learn as much as possible also.

Top Bottom