Day 8 of my first Grow

• Thread starter RicketyCricket
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
steamroller

steamroller

What soil did you re pot in?
What type of ferts are your plan if not going with organic soil already?
I used liquid ferts and installed them about every other watering in veg.

R

RicketyCricket

This is the soil I used in the new pot, I probably should have checked with you all that it was suitable first now I think of it!

Haven't been adding anything other than the one dose of epsom salts.

The aquarium im taking water from is well stocked and I'm feeding Much heavier so the water should have a decent amount of nitrates and phosphates.

steamroller

steamroller

Bag says soil has wetting agent so just watch closer to be sure it dries in between waterings.
I would just stick with fish water every time and see how they go.
Some use the Epsom on some schedule others when they see the need.
You can always get nutes if you need them, but I would try the fish water if I was you. 👍

Zen_Seeker

Zen_Seeker

If she’s looking healthy and has good colour I’d go for topping myself. 😝

You have at least 4 sets of nodes... 👹

Zen_Seeker

Zen_Seeker

Ok thanks! Topping and lst will be my research topics this morning! Oh and I should probabaly google 'nodes' too😄
After you’re up to speed feel free to run it by first. If you go ahead and do it be sure to give it a rest from any other stress. I usually go a week.

I haven’t noticed if it makes a difference if I feed/water first, yet.

R

RicketyCricket

I've noticed a couple of the lower leaves are starting to discolour. Is there something that could be causing it?

Screenshot 20230302 215427 Gallery

R

RicketyCricket

Yeah still using the epsom as per you guys previous advice, it's had 2 doses now as I've only watered twice since you told me.

Thanks for the link @steamroller I'll have a look through it now and learn what I should be looking for!

R

RicketyCricket

Morning everyone, so I looked into topping, FIMing and LST but I think I've left it too late to do that initial big bend, my main stem is too thick and rigid but I did some tucking of the bigger leaves to expose some of the lower growth.

I was brave a did one wee topping snip of the main stem too. Photos below:

20230304 083538
20230304 083630
20230304 083912
R

RicketyCricket

your getting some good advice already, but watch out for the height of your grow area, light, and the stretch that the plant is going to get while in flower.

The tent is 60x60x160. The lights are mounted right at the top of the tent so I think/hope the plant has plenty of space to grow into? It's inside a large cupboard so space is pretty limited.

Zen_Seeker

Zen_Seeker

@RicketyCricket
The tent is 60x60x160. The lights are mounted right at the top of the tent so I think/hope the plant has plenty of space to grow into? It's inside a large cupboard so space is pretty limited

You would think so but it just happened to me. Mines 183cm tall.

All it takes is an unexpected deficiency or issue and next thing you know an extra week or two of veg occurs.

Also stretch can add quite a bit. I got at least 6” easy.

If someone you trust warns you about something there’s usually a good reason even if you think it’s doubtful.

On the bright side I now have a 3’x3’x4’+ bush to harvest. 🤩

Top Bottom