Day 8 of my first Grow

• Thread starter RicketyCricket
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
R

RicketyCricket

So I took the plunge and cut her down last night and while I think I'll just miss out on "Best Kush" at this years cannabis awards I must admit I'm pretty happy with the results so far!

I did some wet trimming and hung the branches upside down. Currently drying in the tent in the dark. Temp is at 24° and humidity is at 52%. The photo was taken 24 hours after hanging them.

All I have left until this is ready is some of the worst soapbar hash in existence so unless something's gone horribly wrong, its got to be better than this🤣

Screenshot 20230508 225730 Gallery

R

RicketyCricket

It's funny when you learn what flower looks like at the different stages. I'm at almost 3 days drying and I have 100% been sold weed as moist as this where I live on many occasions😂

I quick dried a small bud over a few hours by putting it next to the laptop fan in my office. I'm genuinely amazed, I've read quick drying can make it taste horrible but I ground it and put it in a wee pipe and it was honestly amazing. Admittedly I have to take what I can get where i live so my standards are quite low but it tasted sweet and lemony and got me very, very high😂

Can't thank everyone enough for all the help to get to this stage! If I can get the rest of the drying and curing right I'll be delighted with this as a first try!

Just gets me thinking how good some of the stuff you guys on here grow must be!!

Eledin

Eledin

It's funny when you learn what flower looks like at the different stages. I'm at almost 3 days drying and I have 100% been sold weed as moist as this where I live on many occasions😂

I quick dried a small bud over a few hours by putting it next to the laptop fan in my office. I'm genuinely amazed, I've read quick drying can make it taste horrible but I ground it and put it in a wee pipe and it was honestly amazing. Admittedly I have to take what I can get where i live so my standards are quite low but it tasted sweet and lemony and got me very, very high😂

Can't thank everyone enough for all the help to get to this stage! If I can get the rest of the drying and curing right I'll be delighted with this as a first try!

Just gets me thinking how good some of the stuff you guys on here grow must be!!
Congrats man! I still remember the first time I smoked my own weed, it wasnt perfect but it was mine and it was better than most crap people were selling on the streets. Enjoy! Its only gonna get better 😛

R

RicketyCricket

That's it all dried and into a jar for curing. It dried a lot quicker than I was expecting, literally over night last night it went from damp to leaves crumbling off when I touched them. Not sure what happened but I think I've managed to get ot into jars in time, humidity inside the jar is 66 at the moment.

56 grams was the dry total of the good buds, plus I have a good sized jar full of trimmings and small buds that I'll press into rosin to add to my WaxLiquidizer!

IMG 20230511 WA0001
GoldenDragondnw

GoldenDragondnw

Supporter
That's it all dried and into a jar for curing. It dried a lot quicker than I was expecting, literally over night last night it went from damp to leaves crumbling off when I touched them. Not sure what happened but I think I've managed to get ot into jars in time, humidity inside the jar is 66 at the moment.

56 grams was the dry total of the good buds, plus I have a good sized jar full of trimmings and small buds that I'll press into rosin to add to my WaxLiquidizer!

Can't see the jar but congrats. How does it smoke is the real question.... 😂

R

RicketyCricket

It smokes very well and it's strong but not too sleepy if that makes any sense! Tastes really good too. Brutal munchies though, I'm 4 tunnocks tea cakes in and have already made my peace with the fact I'm finishing this box of 6....

I nip over to Amsterdam a couple of times a year so I know its not top shelf quality but I think it's the best I've smoked in my own home😂

R

RicketyCricket

My Gorilla Zkittles auto is coming to the end of week 4. It's growing along more tightly and compact than the kush, could it be that it's the better light meaning it's not stretching as much?

20230516 085304

20230516 085310

Top Bottom