Day 8 of my first Grow

• Thread starter RicketyCricket
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
R

RicketyCricket

I also Should have said the only big change lately is that the lights are now about 30cm away from the plant since I moved to a taller tent.

Zen_Seeker

Zen_Seeker

I see tip burn so a little hot.

The one leaf in the pic looks a little cupped or canoeing and burnt on sides.

Maybe a better top down pic.

R

RicketyCricket

More pics below!

20230331 222718

20230331 222723

20230331 222745

20230331 223130

R

RicketyCricket

Yeah the lights are where they should be now but they were very close to the plant for a while! I'll give it a few days to right itself before I panic too much!

Zen_Seeker

Zen_Seeker

Yeah the lights are where they should be now but they were very close to the plant for a while! I'll give it a few days to right itself before I panic too much!
Remember damaged leaves don’t recover. Look at new growth only to see how things are recovering.

Did you check out that link I posted for you? It’s saved me more than once.

electroguy

electroguy

Hi everyone, just wanted to post some pics and check if I'm on the right track. I'm on day 8 of my first ever grow. Here are some details:

Its an auto kush xl seed. I have it in a Black Orchid 40cmx40cmx100cm mylar grow tent. It's planted in mixed loose potting soil soil with perlite and lit by a "1000w" (unlikely) ebay led grow light panel. I'm checking and handwatering Daily to keep the soil moist. Air tem inside the box is 24.5 degrees and the humidity is at about 55%

Awe. I remember February 8. My first seed ever. Bag seed tester. After that I couldn't stop. Seeds from my first grow ever with clones from a friend( yummy super lemon haze x 91 chem dawg, then 3 different kinds from wife's friend, then bought from premium seed market super lemon haze, blue dream, and blueberry og. I've done well though, haven't planted another seed in weeks. By the way, by some miracle they are all still alive and flourishing. What am I going to do with 20 plants? They can't all be female, right? Oh, I forgot, my step son brought me some seeds back from Colorado but I only planted one of those cali o's. Now that's restraint.

R

RicketyCricket

Remember damaged leaves don’t recover. Look at new growth only to see how things are recovering.

Did you check out that link I posted for you? It’s saved me more than once.
I've taken some pics of the newer growth. Light burn seems to fit best out of that list 👍

20230401 160450

20230401 160504

20230401 160436

R

RicketyCricket

Awe. I remember February 8. My first seed ever. Bag seed tester. After that I couldn't stop. Seeds from my first grow ever with clones from a friend( yummy super lemon haze x 91 chem dawg, then 3 different kinds from wife's friend, then bought from premium seed market super lemon haze, blue dream, and blueberry og. I've done well though, haven't planted another seed in weeks. By the way, by some miracle they are all still alive and flourishing. What am I going to do with 20 plants? They can't all be female, right? Oh, I forgot, my step son brought me some seeds back from Colorado but I only planted one of those cali o's. Now that's restraint.
I know how you feel, I've just had a delivery of some more seeds and I've only got space to do one at a time!

I'm seriously considering putting some flooring down in my attic and having a much bigger tent....

20230401 165201

R

RicketyCricket

Looks crispy. You already light corrected right?

Use this site to help with diagnosis but keep in mind some things are caused by other issues like lockout.

Nothings quite at the stage of crispy quite yet so I'm hoping maybe I've caught it in time🤞

RootsRuler

RootsRuler

Light burn.

Amazing how fast these plants grow eh? I remember reading a post where someone told you to be careful with tent height! 😄

Beautiful reefs both you and steamroller. One of my first jobs was working at a fish store cleaning aquariums so I have an idea as to how hard it is to maintain a tank like that.

R

RicketyCricket

Do I maybe still have too much light? I currently have both of these lights sitting about 15 inches above the top of the plant. 1 didn't feel like enough. I think I'm too used to corals that like lights bright enough to burn your retinas when you look in there general direction!

Tent is 40cmx40cmx140cm

Screenshot 20230402 003831 Amazon Shopping
Screenshot 20230402 004155 eBay
RootsRuler

RootsRuler

This pertains to a quantum board but the numbers are probably not far off. If you have 2 of those fixtures then you have 300 watts although I'm not sure if that's actual wattage it can muster or just 1560w comparable.

Cob lux distance watttage

R

RicketyCricket

I probably should have been more clear, those are two different lights and I'm using both at once 15 inches away. The blue light one says it's 1000w and the other one with three parts says it's 150w.

Latest posts

Top Bottom