Day 8 of my first Grow

• Thread starter RicketyCricket
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Zen_Seeker

Zen_Seeker

The whole plant is leaning over against the side of the grow tent? Is that normal? I take it its OK to try and tie it up straight with plant wire?
Normal if you’re doing good. 🤣

Use what you have. Softwire, string, clips and bamboo. I’ve seem some tie strings from plants to ceilings. Whatever works for you.

Can you put a trellis or net up? That’s what most do.

R

RicketyCricket

Thank you both very much for the quick replies! I'll try to make it work with what I have but I have also ordered a couple of those yoyo's just in case! The tent is so small I'm not sure what I'll attach the wire to, so the yoyos might be the easiest way to sort it!

I'm moving the operation to the loft after this plant with a much bigger tent so things like this should be much easier!

RootsRuler

RootsRuler

Thank you both very much for the quick replies! I'll try to make it work with what I have but I have also ordered a couple of those yoyo's just in case! The tent is so small I'm not sure what I'll attach the wire to, so the yoyos might be the easiest way to sort it!

I'm moving the operation to the loft after this plant with a much bigger tent so things like this should be much easier!
As he slips into the quagmire of indoor growing....... 🤣

Will you continue growing autos or are you graduating to photoperiod seeds or even clones?

Eledin

Eledin

I started my first grow with photos, the norm back then was to start with autos if you were a first timer/noob. Well, thanks to that "mistake" I was able to give them more weeks of veg cause I remember having a deficiency? or was it ph? Cant remember but I wasnt ready for it and had to buy bottled nutes to fix it (I thought I was gonna be able to make their own food myself with things around the house and get the npk, calmag, micronutes in general and ph right lol). Had that happened to me with autos back then, the harvest would have been very underwelming. The only reason Im growing autos now is because I need to harvest quicker to replenish my stash, once thats done Im done with autos except for a little cardboar indoors I have where I will be planting short autos (40-100cm), currently blueberry autos (40-60cm)

They got the extraction fan recently, the poor things were in very high temps and no airflow until a week ago(Thought I could get it sooner but... no). They had problems but they are recovering.

Last edited:
Eledin

Eledin

Hi everyone, just checked on the plant and it seems its no longer able to support the weight of its buds. The whole plant is leaning over against the side of the grow tent? Is that normal? I take it its OK to try and tie it up straight with plant wire?
Found this pic of a past grow where I saved some leggy seedlings that grew way too tall.

I started by tying the secondary stems to the main stems (secondary branches were taking way too much space so I tighten them towards the main stem), later on the whole plant (2 of them) was leaning so I had to introduce plastic tutors and damaged the roots on two of them a bit (I placed them on the side of the pot, that way Im just pushing down some roots and the ones I damaged would recover easier). I didnt notice anything bad after introducing the tutors but I make sure to give them extra silica now so I dont need to be putting tutors at the start of the grow just in case they grow too tall. Works like a charm, those tutors have been gathering dust ever since.

Last edited:
R

RicketyCricket

I kind of knew after a few weeks that the move to the loft for a bigger tent was an inevitability, Im not going nuts, I would just like to be able to grow 2 plants at once and give them plenty of room!

I'm not sure about switching to photoperiods, I think I'd need convincing of the benefits of making things harder on myself😂 My goal when I planted this was to end up with an ounce as that will pretty much last me until the next plant is ready if im doing autos!

Eledin

Eledin

I kind of knew after a few weeks that the move to the loft for a bigger tent was an inevitability, Im not going nuts, I would just like to be able to grow 2 plants at once and give them plenty of room!

I'm not sure about switching to photoperiods, I think I'd need convincing of the benefits of making things harder on myself😂 My goal when I planted this was to end up with an ounce as that will pretty much last me until the next plant is ready if im doing autos!
There is no need to make it more complicated with photos, you can grow them without any kind of training and if you dont want a big plant you give it a short veg period, but if your plants have any problem you can give them some more veg time to recover before the bloom phase. 1 rule of thumb, plants can grow between 50% and, in more rare cases, 100% more when you switch them from 18/6 to 12/12 so as long as you keep that in mind you wont have bigger plants than you want.
EDIT: If you end up having to give more veg period and they might grow bigger than you intended, top them. My first time I was afraid but its very easy.

Last edited:
R

RicketyCricket

No bother at all @Zen_Seeker, next time you're in Scotland just nip in and pick it up😂

Starting to think about how I'm going to dry this. Are the round mesh hanging dryers any use or am I better just hanging it in the tent?

R

RicketyCricket

So as far as I can see I have milky trichomes with some slightly amber and the buds look like this. Am I nearly ready to harvest? Not that I'm getting impatient or anything.....

20230507 125058

20230507 125104

Zen_Seeker

Zen_Seeker

Should I give it some time in the dark first?
I don’t do all light or all dark. I don’t stop feeding either.

If all milky or amber it’s up to you. I like it right at that point. Extremely little clear to none, but not a lot of amber.

NWIM?

Look fantastic! 👍

RootsRuler

RootsRuler

Not that I'm getting impatient or anything.....

View attachment 1977647
View attachment 1977648

Yeah you are....but that's OK. We've all been there. 😛

Wait for your loupe to arrive and then you can properly check your trichomes.

The flowers are looking pretty frosty so I get why your so anxious, and excited, but from the pics I'm seeing you're almost there.

I harvested the GG4 in the pic below a week early because I wanted a more uplifting experience. Posting the pic as a frame of reference for you. Doesn't mean you're flowers should be just as frosty. I currently have something growing in the tent that doesn't produce many trichome glands but is pure fire!!!

Dark period sessions have no scientific data that can confirm they do much of anything. I would classify it as broscience. That's not to say that there aren't studies of other plants that show certain hormones change up when plants are introduced to dark periods but, currently, there is no quantatative data that can show how these changes affect your plants.

Flower closeup

Last edited:
R

RicketyCricket

OK cool, I think I'll go for it and see what happens!

Mostly because I've already got a gorilla skittles auto on week 3 waiting to get into the tent asap😂 Ive bought a new proper Phlizon grow-light and the full range of Biobizz nutes to do it all a bit better this time! New soil too. Bigger tent is on its way but I cheaped out on that and ordered on Wish.com so it's anyone's guess when that will turn up from China!

Should I start a new thread for the next plant or is it OK to just keep updating this one?

RootsRuler

RootsRuler

OK cool, I think I'll go for it and see what happens!

Mostly because I've already got a gorilla skittles auto on week 3 waiting to get into the tent asap😂 Ive bought a new proper Phlizon grow-light and the full range of Biobizz nutes to do it all a bit better this time! New soil too. Bigger tent is on its way but I cheaped out on that and ordered on Wish.com so it's anyone's guess when that will turn up from China!

Should I start a new thread for the next plant or is it OK to just keep updating this one?
Aha! OK. I see why you're anxious. Is it too crowded to put them both together?

Nice! Sounds like you're well on your way.

Zen_Seeker

Zen_Seeker

Ive bought a new proper Phlizon grow-light and the full range of Biobizz nutes to do it all a bit better this time! New soil too. Bigger tent is on its way
You got the bug...🐞

Some do, some don’t. I find it’s easier to check old info on one thread. But clutter happens. 🤷‍♂️

Top Bottom