Day 8 of my first Grow

• Thread starter RicketyCricket
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
R

RicketyCricket

Hi everyone, just wanted to post some pics and check if I'm on the right track. I'm on day 8 of my first ever grow. Here are some details:

Its an auto kush xl seed. I have it in a Black Orchid 40cmx40cmx100cm mylar grow tent. It's planted in mixed loose potting soil soil with perlite and lit by a "1000w" (unlikely) ebay led grow light panel. I'm checking and handwatering Daily to keep the soil moist. Air tem inside the box is 24.5 degrees and the humidity is at about 55%

Day 8 of my first grow
Day 8 of my first grow 2
R

RicketyCricket

Thanks for the replies! I will cut right back on the watering and allow the soil to dry completely!

There are drainage holes in the pot. I'm watering with 0 TDS RO water, I have 100s of litres ready at all times for my reef aquariums. Should I be adding anything to my ro at the moment?

Today's picture:
20230215 092702

R

RicketyCricket

Link to watering thread; https://www.thcfarmer.com/threads/new-simplified-way-to-water.131476/
Link to auto thread; https://www.thcfarmer.com/threads/how-to-grow-autoflowering-strains.76524/

What size reef tanks you got?
I got a 120g FOWLR and a 180g freshwater going for years/decades now.
Thanks for the links, I'll have a read just now!

I have a 6x2x2 mixed reef tank and a 100 litre cube with a pair of wyoming white clowns. Not sure on gallon sizes, I'm Scottish so I can only work in litres🤣!

R

RicketyCricket

I bought a soil tester today and its telling me the PH is closer to 8 than 7, is this going to be a problem? Should I be doing something to bring it down a bit?

Zen_Seeker

Zen_Seeker

I bought a soil tester today and its telling me the PH is closer to 8 than 7, is this going to be a problem? Should I be doing something to bring it down a bit?
If growing in soil organically then no. If using liquid fertilizer then yes. PH 6.3 is a popular goal.

See what the general feedback is.

rDWCNoob

rDWCNoob

Sorry about the spacing on the post above, I've no idea what happened and editing the post doesn't seem to help!!
try turning off text prediction on your keyboard. I got a new phone recently that made posting pics and quotes impossible. It would randomly add blank lines when typing and every time i tried a quote it would place my cursor inside the quote and wouldnt allow me to type outside it. Turned off all the text prediction and the problem disappeared. Still annoying but i can post properly again :)

R

RicketyCricket

If growing in soil organically then no. If using liquid fertilizer then yes. PH 6.3 is a popular goal.

I haven't used any fertilizers or anything like that yet but I should maybe look into it.

Here's a picture from today (Day 12) its really started to take off, I'm beginning to worry this 5l pot isn't big enough?
20230218 183125

Top Bottom