DD's bucket system - Start to Finish

• Thread starter Boots Sugarleaf
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
E

easypleasie

Nice hook up with the lids! I'm gonna see if they have any left over lids at my store. Lol, i've got a bunch of lids with bucket size holes that I can't use.

bigdrty

bigdrty

$12 at home depot, and I hear they now have black lids, though a couple people are running these with the yellow lids and no panda covering with no issues

was wondering how many gallons are these totes?, look bigger the 15 gallon.....

B

Boots Sugarleaf

27 gallon but with the 10" netpot there will be about 15 gallons of water in them

P

proteus

boots, while traingles are cool and I love Zelda, I just can't see 'new' diagram as an efficient distribution/placement of wattage. You have redundant coverage in the middle (front side of plants) and the backside has zero.

B

Boots Sugarleaf

Here is just a pic to show the buckets I will veg in with 10" net pots in place. I think I plan to veg for close to 6 weeks depending on the genetic we use.

veg_area_2.jpg

E

easypleasie

You're a few steps ahead of me, bro. Got another couple weeks before I can take cuts. I have no idea how long i'm gonna veg. Especially since I don't know what to expect with my first go at hydro. My girls are slow veggers so I might need to let them go longer than dds' normal 3 week veg. And they never stretch much more than a foot, no matter what size I flower them at. Only exception was when I ran them in a sog and they were battling for space. They doubled in height with about a 2 ft. stretch.

B

Boots Sugarleaf

You're a few steps ahead of me, bro. Got another couple weeks before I can take cuts. I have no idea how long i'm gonna veg. Especially since I don't know what to expect with my first go at hydro. My girls are slow veggers so I might need to let them go longer than dds' normal 3 week veg. And they never stretch much more than a foot, no matter what size I flower them at. Only exception was when I ran them in a sog and they were battling for space. They doubled in height with about a 2 ft. stretch.

I am betting in hydro you will get a bigger stretch.....
I am going rather slow really, I will actually be setting up a different space than originally intended for this grow (we acquired another space) so dimensions and what not will sorta be the same, just now gonna be two spaces and 3 plants in each space...but that is 6 weeks away---

I will decide tomorrow morning on the 6 plants for this long ass veg and get them each going in their own 5 gallon bucket with a 600 watt hps giving light 18 hours a day on a light rail and co2 also

I will do more than one variety I am sure but will choose ones that feed similarly to avoid issues with that

B

Boots Sugarleaf

Good luck Boots....Hope everything falls into place for yas just the way you need it to.........

Peace....DHF.......

Thanks dude, we have other projects going so this one I am taking my time with and planning, re-planning and then rethinking it all some more, LOL

D

doubleds

Here is just a pic to show the buckets I will veg in with 10" net pots in place. I think I plan to veg for close to 6 weeks depending on the genetic we use.

veg_area_2.jpg

6 weeks.... are you mad !!!

boots, i put one cutting into a mpb system at 6 inches tall with really no branch growth yet. one week of veg and at 4 weeks flower she is 3ft tall and 2.5 ft wide.

dont go so big to start out with bro, learn the system and you will be happier then you have ever been.

dds

B

Boots Sugarleaf

6 weeks.... are you mad !!!

boots, i put one cutting into a mpb system at 6 inches tall with really no branch growth yet. one week of veg and at 4 weeks flower she is 3ft tall and 2.5 ft wide.

dont go so big to start out with bro, learn the system and you will be happier then you have ever been.

dds

sometimes I am mad, I love to grow, so addicted to it, so I do many things at once, and yes, 6 weeks is too long, I know, So, what I am gonna do is veg many strains that I have in a mini version of the MPB for a few weeks then pick the genetic I really think is doing what it needs to for the system then clone and veg that genetic for the actual run

thanks for the input DD, I certainly want you to chime in when you can

flying lotus

flying lotus

the madness is spreading. DD. you the man. i am new here but DAMN. this system is shaming my tent with 3k in it.... SHAMING i tell you. I have been converted. DDMPB for me.

I

Inuit

Hey Boots, nice thread and great job documenting everything so far.

I must say however, that I am with proteus that your lighting pattern doesn't seem very efficient. You might just consider one more k and one more plant.

Be safe

I

I

Inuit

Not that I know jack squat about this system, just my thoughts on the matter, for clarification. I am sure you have a good reason for your decision

A

D

DaScoundrel

Along for the ride, home skillet.

On the old ventilation issue; i like a good 200 cfm from a quality in-line per 1k light... so 400+ cfm for 2 lights and 600+ cfm for 3 lights, etc. Personally i like one fan per every 2 lights. They say each 90 degree turn takes away 25% of your cfm's.

:wazzup:

J

jflo

you want a 1/2 hp chiller for 12 plants
bro

dds

anyone ever tried using a kegerator (mini fridge for a keg) as a grow basin? you could fit a plastic grow tub in side it and cut out a hole in the top of the kegerator for the net pot and plant.

just a thought cuz then the actual basin would be at a constant temp all the time and not relying on the chiller to do its job correctly.

Top Bottom