DD's system for sale on Craigslist (San Fran Area)

• Thread starter t7rln
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
T

t7rln

DD's system for sale on Craigslist (San Fran Area)???

Hi guys,

Get this :movie I just came across someone selling DD's system on Craigslist

What are your thoughts?

t7rln

TrichromeFan

TrichromeFan

I see one taken from Bossman's photos, and one from Dizzle too, at the least.

Hey diz, you hanging it up on the MPB's? :rofl

M

Mystre.Pharmer

not very cool about stealing other peoples pictures. shouldn't he be using pictures of his 4lb plants grown in the system that HE built? not other people's examples?

dont the pictures we upload belong to thcfarmer? all mine get a logo stamped on em :)

the phone number he put there has a Montana area code, not even a cali number haha.

Giddeon

Giddeon

I thought since DD's has sold his design that it probably would have a patten number or copyright laws protecting it from reproduction and sales, except by the company that purchased it. You can never stop a DIY'er who is only making their own system for personal use but when they take that a step further and say they can build this system well enough to sell it to you (or is it just the components and you gotta build it) either way i think that selling a complete unit for personal profit before DD's system is truly released to the public is wrong. Helping someone do a DIY once they have out sourced their personal parts list and just need help putting it together I feel is fine neither party is profiting at that point from selling the actual MBP design. Especially when using someone else's photo's to show how cool the system is (unless bossman or dizzle is the one selling it haha then I'd feel its just a copyright thing again)
Anyway just my 2 cents on this,
Giddeon

C

calicoli

Saw it last nite minutes after it was posted. I left a message today. Will let you know if he returns my call.
peace

A

amstercal

Did anyone pm DD to make sure he saw this? And maybe Bossman and Diz too? I'd want to know if it was me.

chrometrichs

chrometrichs

it looks like he owes lost some money for using his patented 5 gallon bucket ring collar...i dont think this guy has even paid dues to the mpb union...

C

crossouttheiis

I would think that him selling a used set up would be alright that he is not using anymore. I think a lot of people would like to save the time to make something themselves. However if he is marketing it as set up to your own specs, this is wrong... something should be done and this does seem like infringement.

E

edux10

the listing in removed now.

yeah, if he isnt making a ton of copys it would be cool to sell. if it was just a rip off to make money on some units, that inst really alright, but im not the mpb judge. Ripping someones pictures is not cool tho. He probably tried to set it up and failed and wanted to cash out while he was somewhat ahead. I know a few people that ended up getting BloomBoxes pawned off on them and the person that sold it to them never had a successful run. Box has mites and was missing parts too. Some people just cant hang in there, break down and sell it and just buy pot.

CelticEBE

CelticEBE

Anyone have any news on DD's system? I'm about to invest in a UC system unless DD's comes out soon.

E

ent

I got a reply from him. He was reselling a set he had going and wasn't able to finish. It was obvious to me in his reply that he was not trying to capitalize on DD's system nor was he trying to step on toes by using pics that were not his. He was trying to show what the system is capable of. I think that's why he removed the posting and responded to me in a very professional manner.

M

mrdizzle

I actually feel bad for saying anything after his email I just just busting his balls

G

gamehendge

checked up on him too since i am in his area...he is def. not trying to turn a profit, just had some problems w his lease and is trying to sell his 15 bucket system. I think the reason he mentioned that any size setups were possible is because people might be interested in say a 5 bucket system etc. Seemed very reasonable when i talked to him and explained his situation. Hes got a 15 bucket system,the fill/drain holes pre-drilled w fittings, 15 netpots, a 300 gal res, all fill/drain tubing, the drip system complete, and some various other gear that could be used w the system. He is not selling his AC or Chiller but i previously posted a link to the most affordable chiller i could find in CA, check it. Seems like he would be very reasonable if someone was interested...wish i had seen this before i set up my 18/17 system. Prob would have saved me alot of running around!

G

gamehendge

he said the system is brand new too - never been turned on ---- i think he should repost his post without using other ppls pictures

F

fido

checked up on him too since i am in his area...he is def. not trying to turn a profit, just had some problems w his lease and is trying to sell his 15 bucket system. I think the reason he mentioned that any size setups were possible is because people might be interested in say a 5 bucket system etc. Seemed very reasonable when i talked to him and explained his situation. Hes got a 15 bucket system,the fill/drain holes pre-drilled w fittings, 15 netpots, a 300 gal res, all fill/drain tubing, the drip system complete, and some various other gear that could be used w the system. He is not selling his AC or Chiller but i previously posted a link to the most affordable chiller i could find in CA, check it. Seems like he would be very reasonable if someone was interested...wish i had seen this before i set up my 18/17 system. Prob would have saved me alot of running around!

how much was he asking for it?
if he still has it let me know.
fido

F

fido

i don't have the full use of my hands. can not build my own system. very interested in this kind of growing so i am hopeful that i can find one assembled.

greenthumbdanny

greenthumbdanny

Premium Member
Supporter
Im confused? Its a hydroponic system? Am i missing something?
Its a DIY Home Depot system. Net pots and DWC has been around for 18yrs that i know of. Recirc? Pumps? Bubbles? What?

I understand the pics part, needs permission for that.
Although you can google MPB's and alot of stuff comes up.
Theres really nothing patentable about a MPB set up that i know of.
Not trying to dis DD at all! If a patient called me and wanted a mpb set up id build him one in a heartbeat.

Yep your right garden>>>> all of these UC's and MPD are just a bite off gh waterfarm concept in a nut shell>>>Now today>> that concept has been modified to the 20th power.. Hell back in 98 I was running DWC buckets>>>GH waterfarm style except upgraded considerably:)>>>Turned it into a recirculating system day one>>>years before gh came out with there late needed upgrade kit lol.
>>true story<<<

:passingjoint:

gtd

Latest posts

Top Bottom