DD's system for sale on Craigslist (San Fran Area)

• Thread starter t7rln
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
mikeross

mikeross

I make a simlar system, and I call it my "tree machines"

And I think DD's system is over complicated, no need to raise your containers, no need for air pumps..
with a good understanding of DO anyone can make such a system... with many different designs.. they all work the same, roots in DO rich recirculating water!!!
So what exactly has DD sold, LOL. does this mean undercurrent are now having to pay dd royalties because he has a patent on this method of feeding plants???
heath robinson just had a 76oz plant with no air stones, no chillers, no AirCon, no 1000watters, no raised containers, No massive nutrient bills, no flush at the end,
etc etc.
happy growing all
peace
BL

I find it odd that you end your post with "peace" yet the context of your post are made to stir up the pot.

I am pretty young guy but I can under stand that "business is business". I feel that the Great MR. Heath Robinson also knows this. That's why you don't see him dwelling on it.

In this busine$$ world buds>electricity. This efficiency stuff makes me laugh sometimes. I understand its place in every grow, But imagine what heath would have yielded if he had 1000's burning rather than 600's... and imagine if he didn't flip fop the lighting every 3 hours and kept those 1000's burning away in all their inefficiency. I can promise you the added weight would crush the cost of the extra power. I would rather have a couple thousand more in bud than save a few hundred on electricity.

With that said, Health is f*cking brilliant in all his madness. I enjoy reading everything he writes and was planning on doing his flood tube design. He adds so much to the community considering how little he post. Classy guy for sure... can't say that about some other guys selling these types of system.

Under Current, I know for sure I am gonna run a Under Current setup sometime in my life and would also buy a massed produced DD system once its proven.

What I would pay for is to see Heath Robinson design a big tree room on a flip flop where power consumption was not an issue. He designs these low power consuming systems for a reason and its not because he wants to pay a cheaper power bill bro.

F

fletchman

Im confused? Its a hydroponic system? Am i missing something?
Its a DIY Home Depot system. Net pots and DWC has been around for 18yrs that i know of. Recirc? Pumps? Bubbles? What?

I understand the pics part, needs permission for that.
Although you can google MPB's and alot of stuff comes up.
Theres really nothing patentable about a MPB set up that i know of.
Not trying to dis DD at all! If a patient called me and wanted a mpb set up id build him one in a heartbeat.

My feelings exactly, No one owns a thing, What Patent? A minor adjustment and any patent is null and void.

Heath Robinson was growing in MPB's since the early 90's.

Hell I just built a DIY UnderCurrent system with better parts for over 60% off the price. And if I wanted to mass produce them and sell them on Ebay I could.

DD took many other growers ideas and built a system, he doesn't own a thing, hell someone will improve on his system soon, if they havn't already.

Top Bottom