De Bulbs Frying Plants!

• Thread starter Chrondondalae
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Offdarips

Offdarips

So your leaf temp is 83 -85 or you set your Ac thermostat to that. When we ran the rooms the first time the trees did look hungry and then around week 4 of bloom the leaves started to dry out like the trees were transpiring to quickly. We were running co2 at 1100ppm the entire grow. We went in as high as 2.0 EC on the NM nutes drain to waste. Do you think we should raise our EC and CalMag next time. We are using RO water with 150 ppm CalMag in coco 7 gallon smart pots , our trees max out at 5 ft tall. Lights were 3ft from canopy.

Texas Kid

Texas Kid

Some guy with a light
Light spacing is good imo, I would actually be more inclined to run about half as many plants in more of a checker board pattern..you probably get more usable weight when it is all said and done than you will with them crammed together like that at 5' tall beast mode

Texas Kid

Texas Kid

Some guy with a light
What's your RH? I run my rooms at about 60% for most of flower and then taper off to right at 50% the last couple weeks of flower...I also don't blow the fans directly on the plants as much as you would think, more to move the air around the room good but not to blow the plants, that really increases transpiration to much...I run my veg rooms in the high 60% to low 70% RH range

A

advanced396

We run our RH the at 65& to to 70% during veg and during bloom 60 to 65% then taper off last two weeks to 35 to 40%.
The trees are spaced out on 3 ft centers.

Thanks

Herb Forester

Herb Forester

Sounds like you have space to fit even more lights, but not enough AC to cover what you have. I'm surpised it can almost handle 16. Unless are you sharing air between rooms?

Is there just one of those quest 205s in each room? And do they keep up at night?

A

advanced396

Yes, one quest 205 in each room with one 5 ton in each room not sharing Ac. At night time it stays around RH 65% that's running the ac @68 degrees at night so the ac work as dehumidifier. We have the rooms well insulated with 2" Rmax on the walls & ceiling, all joints are silicone with silver ac tape. With all 16 lights on we can get the thermostats to hit 77 degrees with the Ac unit to cycle on & off. The leaf temp with a 5 ft tree reads 81 degrees . We are going to experiment by pulling two lights of one room and four lights of the other so one room will have 14 & 12 lights. That way around week 6 of bloom we can crank down the Ac some more. Let us know what you guys think.

lollipopman

lollipopman

Don't know if this will help but I'm running a de bulb with ac/de hood with 8ft tall ceiling with no problems so far. I'm about 30" away from my canopy..

SnowCreature

SnowCreature

So your leaf temp is 83 -85 or you set your Ac thermostat to that. When we ran the rooms the first time the trees did look hungry and then around week 4 of bloom the leaves started to dry out like the trees were transpiring to quickly. We were running co2 at 1100ppm the entire grow. We went in as high as 2.0 EC on the NM nutes drain to waste. Do you think we should raise our EC and CalMag next time. We are using RO water with 150 ppm CalMag in coco 7 gallon smart pots , our trees max out at 5 ft tall. Lights were 3ft from canopy.

View attachment 498389 View attachment 498390

Looks like nute burn. 2.0ec is almost 1.5x the amount of food you need in coco.

sixstring

sixstring

Looks like nute burn. 2.0ec is almost 1.5x the amount of food you need in coco.

idk about 2.0 being all that high for coco.i ran 1.8 to 2.2 feeding every day with no drain to waste just keeping my eye on em and keeping them from totally drying out and di fine but thats with mostly indica strains.@Offdarips pic looks very sativa so yeah maybe a tad high on ec.but it might just be that strain is sensitive to intense light and the de lamps need to be 4 or 5 feet off the canopy.kinda like my cookie cut where the main colas that are further away from the lamp are better looking and usually bigger,she just dont like the lamps too close.

SnowCreature

SnowCreature

one things for sure... Its not a deficiency and adding more will probably only compound the problem.
To me it looks like overfert and the plants are unable to transpire due to toxic levels in the rootzone.
More calmag is not the answer. @ 2.0ec N and Ca levels are already excessive to say the least.

baba G

baba G

bean sprouts are tasty
Don't know if this will help but I'm running a de bulb with ac/de hood with 8ft tall ceiling with no problems so far. I'm about 30" away from my canopy..
what kindbof ballast n bulb are u utilizing?

lollipopman

lollipopman

I'm sure I've lost some but if I can yield more with the same wattage then a regular 1k I'm happy, I wanna buy the 750/600 setup

Offdarips

Offdarips

one things for sure... Its not a deficiency and adding more will probably only compound the problem.
To me it looks like overfert and the plants are unable to transpire due to toxic levels in the rootzone.
More calmag is not the answer. @ 2.0ec N and Ca levels are already excessive to say the least.

What are your leaf temperatures during all weeks of flower ? We are thinking maybe it was a combination of the room being to warm along with the high EC caused them to burn.

SnowCreature

SnowCreature

Room around 78-82
Leaf 77-85.
The room meters dont swing as fast as the ir laser thermometer I use.
When I overfeed in the co2 room I get stretchy plants, airy buds and that soggy leaf look.
Im @1.5ec base nutes only. Little bit of tap mixed into RO with some silica.

lollipopman

lollipopman

My room is in the 84 temp average haven't measured distance from light to canopy but still rocking good. Even tho I'm using a different setup still way brighter then a regular 1k

Offdarips

Offdarips

Room around 78-82
Leaf 77-85.
The room meters dont swing as fast as the ir laser thermometer I use.
When I overfeed in the co2 room I get stretchy plants, airy buds and that soggy leaf look.
Im @1.5ec base nutes only. Little bit of tap mixed into RO with some silica.

I guess that's what's happening to ours. The leaf starts of like deficiencies then turn soggy & burns up, with airy buds.

We have another place that we feed the same nutes with the same EC & room temps, but the only difference is that the hoods are vented and the trees look perfect. Don't know why?

sixstring

sixstring

I guess that's what's happening to ours. The leaf starts of like deficiencies then turn soggy & burns up, with airy buds.

We have another place that we feed the same nutes with the same EC & room temps, but the only difference is that the hoods are vented and the trees look perfect. Don't know why?
plants must be too close to open bulb setups.your getting way more light to these plants with problems then you are with your vented hood room

Top Bottom