deadhead og hermed and seeded at five weeks

• Thread starter caligirl
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Seamaiden

Seamaiden

Living dead girl
I guess I need to learn more about these various seed vendors. My son gave me an EARFUL about how awful his beans from Sensi Seeds were, and how expensive. Not one keeper from the less-than-50% that germinated. I don't know who Cali Connection is/was, but... damn, if they became known for this stuff I can see why they're not around anymore.
Never had a prob with Cali Connection,or Deadhead Kush;one of the most dankest bud in the world!
Any plant can hermie,but,I do not believe that root aphids or "cheap" ferts can cause a plant to "go" hermo.
Extreme temps,light leaks,lights coming on in the night cycle because of in correct timer setting,
genetics,a power on light from power boards shining in the night cycle etc are the most likely causes,but,who knows what is in seeds genes,and I find the most vigorous and potent plants have a shot a throwing a flower here and there.
Bubba Kush,Og Kush and others come from hermied seeds,so...what do we expect?
Until the first time it happens to you with plants you've run many times before in the same area or conditions without problems. ;) E.G. I have yet to observe extreme temperatures cause hermaphroditism, but I won't discount that you may have observed it.

My experience does generally 'dictate' (maybe I shouldn't use that word, but it's the best I can think of right now) that the longer a plant is left in flower, the later in flower, the more likely it is you'll find bananas. Five weeks in seems awfully early to me, though.

sky high

sky high

All "femmed" seeds come from a hermo,so to speak.
True dat. However, there's a huge difference between having to FORCE a plant to herm......or in reversing a stable clone....and breeding with those than there is to breed with a plant that is hermie prone without any stresses put upon it whatsoever.
Some folks got lucky and found good phenos that expressed non-hermie traits while others experienced full blown problems. Such is the way it is with crosses of crosses of crosses and with untested wares as a whole.
I hope it plays out well for you Caligirl

caveman4.20

caveman4.20

Solid info Sky High gracias...
And SeaM for me the hot temps have caused herm for me but its not hot temp alone it's hot and droubt Stress and basically lack of responding to the heat stress properly is why I think that caused my herm problems in door but out door high heat can be dealt with by having deep roots and plenty of water my .02

Seamaiden

Seamaiden

Living dead girl
Ah... when I had a grow that was that stressed, they all died. All bagseed, fortunately. Heat pretty much cooked the roots!

Dutchdaisy

Dutchdaisy

CC is alive and well, sell more seeds than anyone, and 5 strains tested over 20% THC, Tahoe, Blackwater, SFV Kush, don't blame the genetics so fast, and Logic kicked CC off this site for personal reasons, check your environment first before you point fingers

FiveAM

FiveAM

My Deadhead hermed at beginning of week 6 for me. It was one plant in the room of 24.

caveman4.20

caveman4.20

CC is alive and well, sell more seeds than anyone, and 5 strains tested over 20% THC, Tahoe, Blackwater, SFV Kush, don't blame the genetics so fast, and Logic kicked CC off this site for personal reasons, check your environment first before you point fingers
If environment to blame for hermies in first half of flowering than I would chose different genetics! Peace and chicken greaze!

caligirl

caligirl

thanks everyone!
im covering it to be safe - about half the plant is unseeded and looking good

caligirl

caligirl

Just a quick update for anyone who is interested, the hermmed deadhead turned out ridiculously good! the lower half was seeded with huge striped seeds and the top half was the dankest of the dank! I finished it off with 48 hours of darkness before chop and i havent even jarred it up and it is killer Keepin this strain going despite its problems - its too good !

Seamaiden

Seamaiden

Living dead girl
Thanks for coming back and following up, I'm sure I wasn't the only one who's been wondering. :D

EVOKE

EVOKE

@caligirl do you have any pics of your finished product...

altitudefarmer

altitudefarmer

I have germinated at least 20 packs of CC beans, including some freebies and testers. Never had an issue; anything with Swerve's Chemdog D cut may throw late sterile manners. Just MY experience; CC has some incredible genetics.
If my deadhead starts to herm, I will NOT hesitate to order more beans. :-) (but I've given the cut to several buddies, so I' just hi them up...Haha)
Your seeded DH looks excellent; nice work.

Top Bottom