Decided To Start A Grow Diary With Room Upgrades Along The Way.

• Thread starter TheKoreanKid
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
T

TheKoreanKid

I’m not sure. I just seen the question and answer posted. If you find it let me know. Mine arrives tomorrow. This is on the T6 listing btw.
I regretfully say that it did not work. There are about 6 settings, well theres off and off as well but I didnt add those.

JWM2

JWM2

Premium Member
Supporter
I regretfully say that it did not work. There are about 6 settings, well theres off and off as well but I didnt add those.

Hmm. That sucks. For the money I would rather have the other fan and just buy a separate controller. Seems like a feature that should be incorporated.

T

TheKoreanKid

Hmm. That sucks. For the money I would rather have the other fan and just buy a separate controller. Seems like a feature that should be incorporated.
Indeed. One would think for $150 it would have such a simple yet necessary feature.

T

TheKoreanKid

Day 11 of flower. Today was just a water feed, as I have nutes arriving this friday. Looking forward to seeing what legitimate nutes do for my girls. Droopy leafs cause they needed water, so I think.
1 2
1 3
1 5
1 8
1 9
1 11

T

TheKoreanKid

If it looks like more than lack of water please slap my wrist and get me on the right track.

T

TheKoreanKid

What is the better growing route. Should I grow 8 okay sized plants or 3-4 monsters?
Was scratching up some grow rack setups for my space. How much headroom should you give a plant? I've got 8' ceilings. Is that too low to have a rack? Or could I just not fully grow out a plant in the racks?

JWM2

JWM2

Premium Member
Supporter
What is the better growing route. Should I grow 8 okay sized plants or 3-4 monsters?
Was scratching up some grow rack setups for my space. How much headroom should you give a plant? I've got 8' ceilings. Is that too low to have a rack? Or could I just not fully grow out a plant in the racks?

My grow racks are 6.5’ tall. I use about 30% of the space for vegging and the rest for flowering. You’ve got an extra 1.5’ to work with so you should be just fine. Just try and keep things like the vent fan outside of the grow space so it doesn’t eat up your headroom or cause you to run a less efficient or ideal setup because of it.

T

TheKoreanKid

My grow racks are 6.5’ tall. I use about 30% of the space for vegging and the rest for flowering. You’ve got an extra 1.5’ to work with so you should be just fine. Just try and keep things like the vent fan outside of the grow space so it doesn’t eat up your headroom or cause you to run a less efficient or ideal setup because of it.
Gotcha. I'm going to have to do some thinking regarding my venting situation. The shelving I found is 48 in W x 72in H x 24in deep at my local hardware store. It's that rivet kind supporting 800lb per shelf (so it says)
I fear light burn on my shelving so would I want to get some quantum boards or just some florescent t8s?

JWM2

JWM2

Premium Member
Supporter
Gotcha. I'm going to have to do some thinking regarding my venting situation. The shelving I found is 48 in W x 72in H x 24in deep at my local hardware store. It's that rivet kind supporting 800lb per shelf (so it says)
I fear light burn on my shelving so would I want to get some quantum boards or just some florescent t8s?

Just be careful with the consumer grade rivet shelving. Many times they split the corner supports so you have to put a shelf there in order to hold them together. Some don’t but most do. If you want I can make you a custom shelving unit to your specs but it will cost more. You can supply the shelving material yourself or we can ship it freight. Up to you. It’s commercial quality stuff so it’ll hold up for many years but it may be overkill for your situation.

T

TheKoreanKid

Just be careful with the consumer grade rivet shelving. Many times they split the corner supports so you have to put a shelf there in order to hold them together. Some don’t but most do. If you want I can make you a custom shelving unit to your specs but it will cost more. You can supply the shelving material yourself or we can ship it freight. Up to you. It’s commercial quality stuff so it’ll hold up for many years but it may be overkill for your situation.
I'm moving in a years time so for now I'm gonna setup a simple and lower end shelving for my room. Once I move I'm buying a bigger house so I will get one which I can dedicate a larger room for my grow. We will talk about getting some custom made stuff around that time, dont let me forget.

T

TheKoreanKid

This is what I was thinking for current room. The 2x2 area would just be plants on the ground then plan to have 4 plants per shelf. I wonder if 10 plants is a little too advantageous...
Screenshot 20190307 115438 Drive

T

TheKoreanKid

Nutes arrived. Cant beat $38 for a sampler pack.
Idk if I'm expecting too much but at 13 days I anticipated more flower to develop. That being said, as a first time grower I am ignorant of what should be happening at what time frames. Tomorrow the girls get a water with nutes.
20190308 180904
20190308 180904
20190308 184232
20190308 184243
20190308 184259
20190308 184312
20190308 184322

T

TheKoreanKid

Ran a Ph and PPM test on my run off. 6.85 and 2105, my tap water comes out as 7.8 and 225. I bubble it at least 24 hours before using to get the chlorine out.
Gonna do some looking on what PPM and Ph your soil should drain. Will be back with my findings which you can correct or confirm as you please. :)

T

TheKoreanKid

My findings are that I'm not in trouble as of yet but I should watch the run off. Any higher and I may lock my plants out, today was my first feed with nectar of the gods product line. I failed to check the ppm of my feed though, I got the ph of the feed which was 6.4. Well perhaps this high ppm was from the nutes, I will have to take some more readings of run off during a normal water cycle. Wondering if I should get a RO system or not. hmmmmm

JWM2

JWM2

Premium Member
Supporter
Looking good bro. The slurry test is a much more accurate way of measuring metrics in soil. Check out my tutorial on how to do it. You can measure ph and ppm / ec with it.

T

TheKoreanKid

Looking good bro. The slurry test is a much more accurate way of measuring metrics in soil. Check out my tutorial on how to do it. You can measure ph and ppm / ec with it.
awesome tutorial, gonna do this after next water

Top Bottom