Deficiency or lockout ???please help

• Thread starter Flyingkushman
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Flyingkushman

Flyingkushman

Hi everyone. I’ve switched over to gavita leds and from the start of veg the plants been having some kind deficiency or lockout that I can’t fix even with heavy flushing twice . They are in 4th week of veg In 1 gallon bags of coco and growing slow. The coco stays wet for about 3-4 days when it should be drying daily at this point. The room temperature is 80-82 . The plants look light green and yellow tops. Some leaf edges curling up. I’ve tried spraying Epsom salts but made no difference. I water them with ph 5.8 nutrient solution and The runoff on most plants comes out 5.4 5.5 I flush them heavily and still they stay them same ph.

Deficiency or lockout please help
Deficiency or lockout please help 2
Deficiency or lockout please help 3
Deficiency or lockout please help 4
Deficiency or lockout please help 5
Deficiency or lockout please help 6
Deficiency or lockout please help 7
BurnzYzBudZz

BurnzYzBudZz

HOWCan.i.helPYOU?
Supporter
First picture definitely looks like light burn.. then I also see really reddish stems all the way up the main stem. Let me tag a couple coco growers. Maybe they can help. @Dirtbag, @Aqua Man?
Burnz

One drop

One drop

Bush Doctor
Supporter
Pot / bags sitting in drainage tray do they drain away fast or sit in the run off .?

Flyingkushman

Flyingkushman

First picture definitely looks like light burn.. then I also see really reddish stems all the way up the main stem. Let me tag a couple coco growers. Maybe they can help. @Dirtbag, @Aqua Man?
Burnz
Thanks for the response. Is it possible it’s light burn with the leds 3-4 feet above canopy and dimmed down to 60% ?

Flyingkushman

Flyingkushman

Pot / bags sitting in drainage tray do they drain away fast or sit in the run off .?
They drain away fast so they don’t sit in the runoff at all. The roots don’t look bad, they could look worse

F4BDC0AB 718B 4DED AB34 16A108FD897D
BF2A5786 ABCC 4679 B988 805EC84AD500
B3E603D0 A308 468E BC95 8A7C59D17037
Aqua Man

Aqua Man

Seems to me and I'm not a coco grower but low humidity cool root zone temps? Get em up off the floor. And nutrient buildup in the media causing lockout.

Have you checked for bugs?

What's humidity? And do you have fans directly on them?

Don't wait for the media to dry in coco. That concentrates the nutrients and you get lockout.

I would be watering those 3 times a day right now if I was in coco. 600-800ppm.

I can't say what additives to flush with maybe someone can help ya there but flush 3x the volume of the containers then feed 400ppm right after and feed 600-800ppm 3 times a day no matter how the pots feel.

@Dirtbag is probably the guy to talk to about this so see if he responds.

Flyingkushman

Flyingkushman

what is your humidity?
65%
Seems to me and I'm not a coco grower but low humidity cool root zone temps? Get em up off the floor. And nutrient buildup in the media causing lockout.

Have you checked for bugs?

What's humidity? And do you have fans directly on them?

Don't wait for the media to dry in coco. That concentrates the nutrients and you get lockout.

I would be watering those 3 times a day right now if I was in coco. 600-800ppm.

I can't say what additives to flush with maybe someone can help ya there but flush 3x the volume of the containers then feed 400ppm right after and feed 600-800ppm 3 times a day no matter how the pots feel.

@Dirtbag is probably the guy to talk to about this so see if he responds.
hi, they are in trays. Temperature in room has been 83f and humidity 65% the crazy thing is that there’s no buildup in the coco, the ppm comes out less than what’s going in all the time. The ph just doesn’t change, 5.9 going in 5.5 coming out. I’ll try watering them daily and see if I see any changes.i was just scared to water daily because they are soaking wet. Thanks for the info.
are you watering daily?
No been watering every 3 days because the coco stays soaking wet.
Scope them for russet mites.
ill check it out. Are they on the bottom side of the leafs ?

Aqua Man

Aqua Man

Idk kinda looks like bugs. I'm not expert on them.

You need to water at minimum once a day and I would be doing it atleast 2-3 times a day with 600-800ppm. For these plants

Coco is not like soil and should never dry out. You can't really over water it. The fresh nutrients poured through help replenish o2 and keep nutrients balanced.

Jimster

Jimster

Supporter
I don't think it's a light issue as not only the top leaves are affected. This looks like a Phosphorus issue to me, possibly too much? The Ph coming out lower than it goes in is telling me that there are a lot of nutes trapped in there, since most chemical nutes are salts and acidic in nature. One sign of a lot of nutes is low Ph for no apparent reason... Ph should not really change much during a grow unless you are overusing stuff, IMO. Lots of nutes also causes lockouts... I would say that you are locked out of magnesium too, since Phosphorus and magnesium in excess cn combine to make a inert mineral that isn't useul to the plant.

dire wolf

dire wolf

Hi everyone. I’ve switched over to gavita leds and from the start of veg the plants been having some kind deficiency or lockout that I can’t fix even with heavy flushing twice . They are in 4th week of veg In 1 gallon bags of coco and growing slow. The coco stays wet for about 3-4 days when it should be drying daily at this point. The room temperature is 80-82 . The plants look light green and yellow tops. Some leaf edges curling up. I’ve tried spraying Epsom salts but made no difference. I water them with ph 5.8 nutrient solution and The runoff on most plants comes out 5.4 5.5 I flush them heavily and still they stay them same ph.
Hi flying , what are you feeding your plants ?
Also , plants dont just turn and crap out like that unless there is a rapid pest issue that can surprise a grower , i've noticed that early on some plants will be trouble but continue to grow till they blow out like yours did , often it begining with the red stem issue and poor leaf color, then it continues and you end up with a big problem , i suspect something was way off from the start , maybe toxic nutrient regiment...
Can also be simply a difficult or sensitive strain , what strain is it ? Also looks like a transplant into a fresh larger medium might save them ,maybe drop your feed / up pot and go into fox farm

Can also be a big "wet feet " issue that got them pissed off like one drop suggested.....

But hmm, all this growing stuff gets confusing...
Im going with nutrient lock out like jimster suggested
And genetics like i think ...

Last edited:
Flyingkushman

Flyingkushman

I don't think it's a light issue as not only the top leaves are affected. This looks like a Phosphorus issue to me, possibly too much? The Ph coming out lower than it goes in is telling me that there are a lot of nutes trapped in there, since most chemical nutes are salts and acidic in nature. One sign of a lot of nutes is low Ph for no apparent reason... Ph should not really change much during a grow unless you are overusing stuff, IMO. Lots of nutes also causes lockouts... I would say that you are locked out of magnesium too, since Phosphorus and magnesium in excess cn combine to make a inert mineral that isn't useul to the plant.
If there was a lot of nutes trapped in the coco, wouldn’t the runoff come out more than what’s going in ? I feed at 700ppm and 500 comes out from the runoff

Flyingkushman

Flyingkushman

Idk kinda looks like bugs. I'm not expert on them.

You need to water at minimum once a day and I would be doing it atleast 2-3 times a day with 600-800ppm. For these plants

Coco is not like soil and should never dry out. You can't really over water it. The fresh nutrients poured through help replenish o2 and keep nutrients balanced.
I will start watering them daily and will let you guys know if it helps. I will also scope for bugs.
Hi flying , what are you feeding your plants ?
Also , plants dont just turn and crap out like that unless there is a rapid pest issue that can surprise a grower , i've noticed that early on some plants will be trouble but continue to grow till they blow out like yours did , often it begining with the red stem issue and poor leaf color, then it continues and you end up with a big problem , i suspect something was way off from the start , maybe toxic nutrient regiment...
Can also be simply a difficult or sensitive strain , what strain is it ? Also looks like a transplant into a fresh larger medium might save them ,maybe drop your feed / up pot and go into fox farm .....
Hi there. Feeding calmag and vegbloom.
+1 that’s what my plant started looking like when I found my russet mite issue. All your other parameters are good, pests are the last straw. Good luck.
what did you do to get rid of the russet mites ?

BurnzYzBudZz

BurnzYzBudZz

HOWCan.i.helPYOU?
Supporter
Hot shot. Put the hot shot Inside my tent for about 5 days. If growing inside I wouldn’t advise this method. Garage is okay. I also Spayed insecticidal soap one night and trifecta crop control another night for about a week. Then sprayed as needed. Not needed anymore .

dire wolf

dire wolf

If there was a lot of nutes trapped in the coco, wouldn’t the runoff come out more than what’s going in ? I feed at 700ppm and 500 comes out from the runoff
Yes , and i've only done coco once , so dont pay any attention to me ....
Also maybe cal mag overdose or excessive dry / heat issue...
Anyway , what are you going to do next ?

Flyingkushman

Flyingkushman

Yes , and i've only done coco once , so dont pay any attention to me ....
Also maybe cal mag overdose or excessive dry / heat issue...
Anyway , what are you going to do next ?
I can’t say calmag overdose because I started off giving them 1ml per gallon and this issue started and I bumped it up to 2ml. Next I will start watering 1-2 times a day and see if anything changes. I have some nukem I will spray them with just Incase the problem is russet mites. Any other suggestions ? I’ve flushed twice With 2 gallons of water for each 1 gallon pot and that did absolutely nothing.

Top Bottom