Deficiency?

• Thread starter Builder0101
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Beachwalker

Beachwalker

If it's in Coco you got to water like Coco, fully water it at least once (and some water it more than once) a day with some runoff and forget about the 10% soil, you might want to leave it out next time though

Builder0101

Builder0101

If it's in Coco you got to water like Coco, fully water it at least once (and some water it more than once) a day with some runoff and forget about the 10% soil, you might want to leave it out next time though

Thank you for your input. I am 90% that it is overwatering. I understand that weighing coco pots is not like soil but they are really heavy. Moist coco should be relatively light and not heavy like freshly watered soil (I think). The bottom 25% of my bags were very wet. I did not rinse out the very fine coco b4 using. I have come to understand that these fine particulate can/may cause issues with moisture. Just trying to think it through while responding to you. Again thank you for your response.

Also I am 99%positive I had an overwatering issue about a week ago.. I let them dry out (not dry obviously it is coco) and they bounced back beautifully.

Moshmen

Moshmen

Thanx ! I’m afraid I would give bad advice !

Builder0101

Builder0101

Thank you young lady. I do dry organic by the way. I was trying to model after Mr Canuck (youtube) of course I tweaked it possibly to my detriment.

Dirtbag

Dirtbag

Supporter
If I can offer some advice, I'd suggest laying off the LST and just let them grow without touching them at all for a couple weeks. They are stressed enough as it is. Also I'd skip the teas and all that extra stuff, just feed them a balanced base nutrient every watering at like 3-400ppm total. And personally I'd water once a day with plants that size.
What's the input and runoff numbers like?

Builder0101

Builder0101

If I can offer some advice, I'd suggest laying off the LST and just let them grow without touching them at all for a couple weeks. They are stressed enough as it is. Also I'd skip the teas and all that extra stuff, just feed them a balanced base nutrient every watering at like 3-400ppm total. And personally I'd water once a day with plants that size.
What's the input and runoff numbers like?
I do organic dry so no notes in water only 1 ml cal mag. Adjusted for PH/cal mg my last water was 180 ppm in. 734 out approximately.

Dirtbag

Dirtbag

Supporter
I do organic dry so no notes in water only 1 ml cal mag. Adjusted for PH/cal mg my last water was 180 ppm in. 734 out approximately.

Well not much i can do to help you there. That's a guessing game. In the future I recommend you pick a method rather than trying to mix 2 methods. Hybrid growing systems rarely work as well as people think they might. Dry organic ammended/hydro/coco was doomed from the start. No offense. The coco has to be kept too wet to be using dry organic amendments as a food source. You'd be 1000x better off using 100% pure coco and foliage pro, pure blend pro or any other balanced complete base nutrient.

But I'm sure you are starting to realize this on your own now lol.

Builder0101

Builder0101

Well not much i can do to help you there. That's a guessing game. In the future I recommend you pick a method rather than trying to mix 2 methods. Hybrid growing systems rarely work as well as people think they might. Dry organic ammended/hydro/coco was doomed from the start. No offense. The coco has to be kept too wet to be using dry organic amendments as a food source. You'd be 1000x better off using 100% pure coco and foliage pro, pure blend pro or any other balanced complete base nutrient.

But I'm sure you are starting to realize this on your own now lol.

Check out Mr. Canucks on you tube. He does 100% coco. He only uses Gia Green 444 and 284. And sometimes tea. His results are amazing. And yes the hybrid was probably a mistake. I do believe that if I can dial I the water I can do great with this mix. Thank you for your input.

Bmg1982

Bmg1982

I grow in a 60/40 Coco/Perlite mix and here are a few of my thoughts..

- Water to 10% run off everytime, Coco is a sponge for excess salt.

- Water by feel, we all operate under different conditions, the hotter your space, the more you water. Pick up your pot after a watering, and get a good feel for the weight. When your pot feels half it's weight full it's time to feed again.

- "full organic" and coco do not usually mix, although I've seen it done before. I find that the best results require a balanced nutrient program that utilizes chelated micro nutrients. Closest you'll get to your coco becoming more soil like would be adding a product like "recharge" to your medium and you'll want to replenish it every 14 days and provide a steady diet of carbs, microbes can colonize in coco, just not as efficiently as soil.

I find that low rise flood tables, work well with fabric pots in regards to proper drainage and even drying. In a "drain to waste" setup as this form of hydro is typically referred to, a shop vac is also a valuable tool.
20200121 171614

Builder0101

Builder0101

Should I just be using the 3k and 6k cobs at this point in veg? I need them to stretch. Does the red and blue keep them shorter? I know blue inhibits vertical growth.

Builder0101

Builder0101

I grow in a 60/40 Coco/Perlite mix and here are a few of my thoughts..

- Water to 10% run off everytime,
"recharge" to your medium and you'll want to replenish it every 14 days and provide a steady diet of carbs, microbes can colonize in coco, just not as efficiently as

Carbs like Molasses? IF so how much how often?

Bmg1982

Bmg1982

If you need them to stretch, lay off the blue. Red will promote stretching with less blue present. With blue present, red will promote it's energies torward lateral growth and an overall bushier plant

Builder0101

Builder0101

If you need them to stretch, lay off the blue. Red will promote stretching with less blue present. With blue present, red will promote it's energies torward lateral growth and an overall bushier plant
They are very bushy.
Question. If bushy means more colas that can be good. If white light for a week means taller that could be good. Not sure which is right or if I understand it right.

Builder0101

Builder0101

They are very bushy.
Question. If bushy means more colas that can be good. If white light for a week means taller that could be good. Not sure which is right or if I understand it right.
Red with no blue is not an option with my Phlizon Cree COB 3000

MIMedGrower

MIMedGrower

Red with no blue is not an option with my Phlizon Cree COB 3000

Larger difference between day and night temps will also cause more stretch. I keep about 10 degree difference. 77 max day 67 night.

Builder0101

Builder0101

Larger difference between day and night temps will also cause more stretch. I keep about 10 degree difference. 77 max day 67 night.
I'm about 79 72 I may be able to adjust that. I use a small heater with lights off I can turn it down.

Top Bottom