Deficiency?

• Thread starter Builder0101
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Builder0101

Builder0101

Oops. Photo
See the plant is not praying and is definately not over watered. Went from slight drop 2 days ago to praying back to slight drop this AM.
The video is of my 3 Co2 generator's lines.

20200127 082036
20200127 082257
Beachwalker

Beachwalker

About to give my plants some tea. Since I treat this as a coco grow I PH to 5.8-6.2. My tea is 7.6. I am scared.

Photo added just as an update. They are not praying this AM so I think they are thirsty. 2 days since water.

Should I be nervous about the PH?
If you're treating this as a Coco grow you should be watering at least every day if not more than once a day

You've given seemingly contradictory statements as to what Medium you're using?

Screenshot 20200127 114230 Chrome

Beachwalker

Beachwalker

A complete list of ingredients is in this link.
I read your entire post twice & I've asked you twice to clarify above, but if you don't want to that's your prerogative, I was only trying to help. I wish you the best, good luck!

Builder0101

Builder0101

I read your entire post twice & I've asked you twice to clarify above, but if you don't want to that's your prerogative, I was only trying to help. I wish you the best, good luck!

Here it is. Wrote this once on my phone but it dissapeared.
This Is my 1st real grow. I am in a 4x4 Vivisun tent. Running a Pllizon Cree COB 3000. RH 55-65°. Av temp 77-79f. 70 with lights off. Light 19/5. I mixed 20 gal cheap coco did not rinse or buffer (mistake I know) 20 gal pro mix hp. 2 cups ea kelp meal, alfalfa meal, bat guano, green sand, 2 cups bone meal. 2 gal ea happy frog and fox farm. 6 cups worm castings. 1 cup azomite. I hydrated the coco with 5 gal tap water and 5 tablespoons unsulphered molasses. Lights were 30" from tops. Moved them up to 36 yesterday. I top dressed with 3 tablespoons each of organic dry 444 and 284. I recently started using cal mag at 50%. I PH my water between 5.8 and 6.2. My water is 200 ppm after PHing and cal mag. My runoff today was 747. I water every 16-18 hours. I am considering this a hydro and I know I will be told it is not soil less mix. I am 14 days from veg and top nose is 3rf node. The photo is of Critical Purple. I also have cream and tangerine dream. All Autos by the way. I water to about 10% runoff. I remove runoff from trays. Not sure if I should run the COBs only, COBs and panel, or just panel. I have an oscillating tower fan blowing across plants. I have a 9" fan blowing up across the light. a 4" inline carbon exhaust, and a small fan pulling in air from lower tent vent. The 9" fan is blowing up across my 3 1 gal homemade co2 generators. That's about it. And Michorriz

Dirtbag

Dirtbag

Supporter
Oy vey... that's a lot more than "10% soil" mixed in with coco. 50/50 coco and promix plus a ton of organic amendments.. plus top dressed fertilizer on top of that? And molasses?

That sounds like a recipe for disaster. No wonder you're having issues.

A bit of advice if you choose to take it, next round use either pure coco, or pure promix and dont add anything to it. Then use a complete and balanced base nutrient. A good one, something like pure blend pro, foliage pro, hell even gh 3 part or floranova. That is all you need man. And more importantly all the nutrients will be in the right proportions and the media will perform as it's designed to. You've gone overboard trying to give your plants too much love. It happens. But the mantra "less is better" is extremely accurate with regard to growing weed. For real.

Last edited:
Builder0101

Builder0101

Plants are stellar. Green and lush..25 days from germination and in pre flower on schedule. This one has 11 major colas and at least 15 minor colas. This one is not even the best of the best of my 5 plants. Growing so fast I can hardly keep up with training them. These 5 gallon pots are completely full of green. I need to decide when to just let them stretch for the light and stop training them. I think I'll train them for another week. It is funny. They are growing like they are weeds or something. Im having no issues. Just dialing in watering schedule. I am 10% soil. The small amounts of dry constituents may add up to 2%. You want me to be technical. 44% coco, 44% Pro Mix (which is not pure peat but a mix of peat and pearlite and soil other stuff) 10% soil, 2 % other. My question was about PH tea. Thanks for the input. All constructive thoughtful input is appreciated.

20200127 173651
20200127 173737
Dirtbag

Dirtbag

Supporter
Honestly man, they look alright. I think they look pretty healthy actually lol.
What made you suspect light stress?

Builder0101

Builder0101

The narrow leaves and sharp serrations. Actually I think they are going into flower.
They do look healthy. Did a good LST tonight. And selective leaf removal. Did a top dress of alfalfa and kelp meal yesterday.
I'm not sure when to give them a bloom topdress. I think after they have been in flower for a little while but not sure when.

dire wolf

dire wolf

Healthy , normal
Just spining a little until the leaf grows out completely....
I think

Top Bottom