Deficient plants in coco

• Thread starter BudGoggles
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
BudGoggles

BudGoggles

So, roots are good and when you just feed good coco fertilizer your plants should be looking mich better within 2 days....
are they....?

I just transplanted yesterday and gave them the 4 ml calimagic and 5 ml h&g. Today they received the same mix. They still have that root bound look to them but they are greener.
Im going to mix up a fresh batch of nutes after tomorrows feeding. I am going to give them 1 ml calimagic and 7 ml a&b

Hope they turn around fast

LexLuthor

LexLuthor

Ya and my ppms from my nute feeds were coming out lower than what I was putting in with high ph

When the EC of the run-off is lower then what you put in then it sounds like the coco is 'holding' and/or some nutrients are bonding with the coco. So that makes me think even more the diluted ACT's are 'flushing' your medium.

Maybe use a more concentrated ACT, like 2-3 cups per gal with alot less run-off, or no run-off at all. You shouldn't need run-off with your ACT's especially since its only once a week.

D

dutchman

I just transplanted yesterday and gave them the 4 ml calimagic and 5 ml h&g. Today they received the same mix. They still have that root bound look to them but they are greener.
Im going to mix up a fresh batch of nutes after tomorrows feeding. I am going to give them 1 ml calimagic and 7 ml a&b

Hope they turn around fast

Could you post some new pics in a day or two?

H

hogan400

No bugs for sure??

The food switch like Tex suggested will work wonders. Thats one of the most well noted coco formulas out there.
The cocos formula for me too, plants looked bad and I had to add mass mag. The tea should be fine, sure itll displace some food and micros, should see only the positive. Up your food I think. Hand feed 2 laides around 1000ppm or 1.2-1.6ec for humors sake, bet they blow up. I noticed someone mentioned ph in at 5.8 and out at 7 was bad and I agree. If its 7 on the way out, its high ph inside the rootball. Very first feeding, rinse, or pre-charge, should be at 5.8-6.2 and contain mild strain specific feed formula. I see it with coco, hydroton, and rockwool too, if you dont ph balance that very first watering to your media, that ph value will stick around for a week or two sometimes.

btw, you can add your tea directly to the nutes instead of diluting into r.o if you like. I do and it works like a champ.
h400

BudGoggles

BudGoggles

Plant are looking much better. Ph is still coming out high. Im going to take Hogans advise and let them dry a bit. im not going to water til Sunday. Today they received the tea

Here they are after 2 days of just aquaflakes and RO

Before
100 3077

After 2 days
100 3095

100 3097

Look there green. Still kinda droop looking but not nearly as bad. That may be the high ph in the root zone

Thanks again guys

L

LEDNewbie

looking good bro!!!! were those pics taken just after lights off?I know on my last grow the purple kush i grew would be all droopy by the end of the lights on period. they would perk right back up after some rest in the dark. do yours perkup at all or are they aways droopy?

BudGoggles

BudGoggles

Happy happy happy
DSCN2454
DSCN2457
DSCN2456

They wanted more food. I been giving them 835 ppm ph 5.7 pure aquaflakes, aptus once a week and tea once a week
Just flipped them last night
Thanks everybody

L

LEDNewbie

their turn around since you've been giving them aqua flakes is incredible!!! :cool: was the aqua flakes the ony change in your feed regimen?

Seamaiden

Seamaiden

Living dead girl
<said in my best Huell Howser impersonation> That's amazing!

BudGoggles

BudGoggles

I missed a tea application and the fungus gnats exploded. I been hitting them with pure tea and gnatrol to get them in check.
Today I found a larva took it out and scoped it and found a really tiny green alien looking bug chewing on the larvae. Anybody possibly know what it could be.
Ill get some pics up tomorrow got some god ones
Thanks

BudGoggles

BudGoggles

Never seen this before what ya think
Thats a fungus gnat larvae that soon died after the green thing got em

Bug
Bug1
Bug2

This is X200 little green thing looks freaky

Thanks
BG

Seamaiden

Seamaiden

Living dead girl
It does, and now I want one of my own. I'll call him Herman.

BudGoggles

BudGoggles

Seamaiden what is it ?
Its sad to say Herman didnt make it he died as well under the micro scope a day later
These gnats are pissing me off should I let my coco dry out for a day or two to help kill shit off. They really exploded when I upped the watering to twice a day

If I could figure it out I would post a video of it killing the larvae, its pretty cool

Seamaiden

Seamaiden

Living dead girl
I have no idea, but he looks like a Herman to me. I'm close to recommending nuclear waste on the fungus gnats, this shit's insane. My 'fix' is always to put 'em outside if at all possible, but I tell you what, my battle is nothing close to being won. Good Lord.

Upload the video to YouTube, then link it here using the media link BBcode.

Latest posts

Top Bottom