Defoliation Side By Side - Bushy Plants

• Thread starter FatManatee
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
MIMedGrower

MIMedGrower

Never like defoliation in transition stage , seems if would/will hurt the plant to much stress, ect specialy in pre-flower maybe thinking likr this : removing all fan leaves stressing the plan to make more bud sites ? any way not for me. LI do like to remove all fan leaves 3 days before harvest , have also removed fan leaves 2 weeks before harvest to aid in "drying" the plant out . Seems that buds really fatten up. Contacted Jungle Boys about seeds ? help ? (do they sell seeds) ( looked at Alien and found a few of their seeds cost $300.00 for 16 seeds They) have one of the top strains in the La area

Its all just hype and marketing.

G

Glow

I think they do not defoliate but practice the "One Node Flip" method. Their plants have 16 tips and are so tall when they flip them that it would be stupid if they don't remove some of the lower nodes. After that I don't think they defoliate.

Check out the vid.. They are pretty heavily defoliated. There is one vid which I can't find where they talk about their grow method and talk a bit about defoliating and religiously adhering to VPD....

G

Glow

agree -- $300.00 for the book !!!!!!!!!!!!! wow "Tree of Life" at that cost it should grow it for you

I think it was $500. The main thing is it is a highly flawed book with far too little information which displays the author knows jack shit. There's even typos and yet there is hardly any text. Pretty cover though!

H

hawkman

din't know it was a collecti
Check out the vid.. They are pretty heavily defoliated. There is one vid which I can't find where they talk about their grow method and talk a bit about defoliating and religiously adhering to VPD....
didn't know it was a collective - guess they don't sell seeds

G

Glow

Another vid where they talk about VPD. You can see they are defoliating and lollipopping. BTW I don't necessarily agree with all their views.

H

hawkman

I think they do not defoliate but practice the "One Node Flip" method. Their plants have 16 tips and are so tall when they flip them that it would be stupid if they don't remove some of the lower nodes. After that I don't think they defoliate.

One Node Flip ? never heard of this - please

Reactions: Ina
Mr.jiujitsu

Mr.jiujitsu

I follow VPD chart super strict.

I got that shit on lock

CDA6DC24 75D7 4737 9576 545259A026B4
F30FB9E5 6BDB 4E89 B66D D7177DA68C30
CDA6DC24 75D7 4737 9576 545259A026B4

Mr.jiujitsu

Mr.jiujitsu

I use this one http://opennlabs.com/vpd/VPD_calculator.php

btw I think 71F is too low temperature for veg

Your welcome to think whatever you like. My plants tell a much different story. I run the most cost effective range for the grow timeline that support. I find strong steady growth at 24hr light with these settings. I developed incredibly strong and resilient plants that yield signifigant amounts in flower. Please support your thought

G

Glow

I use this one http://opennlabs.com/vpd/VPD_calculator.php

btw I think 71F is too low temperature for veg

It is a tad low - I tend to find though when the plants are first settling in (first 7 days of so) running about 74 F and high humidity helps alleviate plant stress. A lot of times you find that recommended temperatures aren't for cannabis - also its well shown that differing genetic varieties have quite different temperature optimums.

MIMedGrower

MIMedGrower

I saw that vid. They also talk about how they have to pump the nutes to get the foliage back acter each “schwazzing”. Lol.

I guess quality and plant potential are not too important to them.

G

Glow

I saw that vid. They also talk about how they have to pump the nutes to get the foliage back acter each “schwazzing”. Lol.

Why would quality be effected by defoliation? All of the THC, terpenes etc are produced in the trichomes. The key is not to compromise the trichomes and if you have ever conducted lab analysis for profiles you just about in all instances find the highest THC percentages occur in buds directly growing in the light (good light exposure).

Last edited:
G

Glow

Yep as I said I can't say as I agree with everything they say. While these guys aren't scientists themselves though, they do have scientists in the background. I expect too that given the scale of their grows and large plant numbers a lot of it comes down to plant spacing (packing them in close which is doable with not much in the way of canopy competition) and maximising yield output.

MIMedGrower

MIMedGrower

Why would quality be effected by defoliation? All of the THC, terpenes etc are produced in the trichomes. The key is not to compromise the trichomes and if you have ever conducted lab analysis for profiles you just about in all instances find the highest THC percentages occur in buds directly growing in the light (good light exposure).

No. Im saying the pumping with nutes would hurt quality.

And when i used to sell to the dispensary i had to submit samples.

But we found the opposite about thc concentration.

I lower my plants away from the light a few inches as they ripen. Increases potency and flavor/smell in my experience with hid lighting.

Madbud

Madbud

One node, the old sea of green. Makes sense on that scale, trim everything but the main. Looked like a new setup, give it a couple years to get “dirty”.

K

Kot

Your welcome to think whatever you like. My plants tell a much different story. I run the most cost effective range for the grow timeline that support. I find strong steady growth at 24hr light with these settings. I developed incredibly strong and resilient plants that yield signifigant amounts in flower. Please support your thought
I don't say that this temperature won't do the job, but higher temperature brings more rapid growth.

Latest posts

Top Bottom