Defoliation Side By Side - Bushy Plants

• Thread starter FatManatee
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
H

hawkman

Yep as I said I can't say as I agree with everything they say. While these guys aren't scientists themselves though, they do have scientists in the background. I expect too that given the scale of their grows and large plant numbers a lot of it comes down to plant spacing (packing them in close which is doable with not much in the way of canopy competition) and maximising yield output.
Guess thee might be some stuff to take away from their video - disagree with them; there are some outstanding bloom boosters

H

hawkman

No. Im saying the pumping with nutes would hurt quality.

And when i used to sell to the dispensary i had to submit samples.

But we found the opposite about thc concentration.

I lower my plants away from the light a few inches as they ripen. Increases potency and flavor/smell in my experience with hid lighting.
Thanks ! a good tip !!!!!!!!!!!! makes sense Tell me this; why isn't there hash for sale in dispenseries or even bubble hash ? kown of one farme that makes it "Stinky farms" ( if I remember right)

H

hawkman

Your welcome to think whatever you like. My plants tell a much different story. I run the most cost effective range for the grow timeline that support. I find strong steady growth at 24hr light with these settings. I developed incredibly strong and resilient plants that yield signifigant amounts in flower. Please support your thought
24hr light ? don't they need at least a few hrs. of dark time ?

MIMedGrower

MIMedGrower

Thanks ! a good tip !!!!!!!!!!!! makes sense Tell me this; why isn't there hash for sale in dispenseries or even bubble hash ? kown of one farme that makes it "Stinky farms" ( if I remember right)

I dont know except vape juice amd shatter and such is what is popular.

And i still have not had any real good dispensary product. Concentrate sucks too when made from early cut over fed with additives cash crops.

MIMedGrower

MIMedGrower

No. Cannabis only grows or has processes during photosynthesis. It just hibernates in the dark. The stretching at night is simply the plant looking for light. In veg. It requires a dark period to flower.

Not like trees for example. Which have night time processes.

hyzerflip

hyzerflip

One node, the old sea of green. Makes sense on that scale, trim everything but the main. Looked like a new setup, give it a couple years to get “dirty”.

You're misunderstanding. Sea of Green isn't one node, it's very small plants. One node flip is done on big plants. They can even have multiple tops, the key factor is that you remove all nodes below the top one on each branch.

Reactions: Ina
F

FarmerDaniel

No. Cannabis only grows or has processes during photosynthesis. It just hibernates in the dark. The stretching at night is simply the plant looking for light. In veg. It requires a dark period to flower.

Not like trees for example. Which have night time processes.

Sorry dude this is so wrong...

At night, plants can’t photosynthesize—it takes a certain level of light to get the process going. But they don’t just hang around idly waiting for light.

They respire, which is a combination of eating and breathing. Respiration combines oxygen and the food created during photosynthesis to produce energy the plants use to grow. The sugars created during the day move around to different parts of the plant, where they’re burned to create the energy which powers growth. So you could say that plants make food during the day and eat it at night.

gwheels

gwheels

This round i ran veg 24-0 and not 18-6 this time

What i noticed is how short the indica based plants remained so far. So short its hard to scrog.

I dont think they need rest and the 24-0 really tames the stretch through veg growth. All bets are off when you flip to 12-12.

In tent#2 i might run 24/0 (current) for a few weeks and then 2 weeks before flip 18-6 and then 12-12

MIMedGrower

MIMedGrower

At night, plants can’t photosynthesize—it takes a certain level of light to get the process going. But they don’t just hang around idly waiting for light.

They respire, which is a combination of eating and breathing. Respiration combines oxygen and the food created during photosynthesis to produce energy the plants use to grow. The sugars created during the day move around to different parts of the plant, where they’re burned to create the energy which powers growth. So you could say that plants make food during the day and eat it at night.

Not c3 plants like cannabis but yes many trees and plants do.

In cannabis the carbs simply settle back down to the roots in the dark.

F

FarmerDaniel

Not c3 plants like cannabis but yes many trees and plants do.

In cannabis the carbs simply settle back down to the roots in the dark.

Where on Earth are you getting your information from?

You are saying that C3 plants don't respire...

"Carbs simply settle back down to the roots"

"Cannabis only grows or has processes during photosynthesis. It just hibernates in the dark"

this is just nonsense

MIMedGrower

MIMedGrower

Where on Earth are you getting your information from?

You are saying that C3 plants don't respire...

"Carbs simply settle back down to the roots"

"Cannabis only grows or has processes during photosynthesis. It just hibernates in the dark"

this is just nonsense

I admit i was thinking transpire when I commented and now I read the linked info.

Please explain the point you guys are making. Cannabis can be grown under 24hrs of light. It doesnt require a dark period. What am I missing?

K

Kot

I've read 18 or 24 hours is determined by the power of you bulb. If it is powerful enough you don't need more than 18 hours.

F

FarmerDaniel

I've read 18 or 24 hours is determined by the power of you bulb. If it is powerful enough you don't need more than 18 hours.

The general concept you're looking for is daily light integral or DLI. You can deliver the same DLI over any period by varying the intensity of lighting and photo period. For instance 500 PAR for 24 hours is the same DLI as 1000 PAR for 12 hours.

As far as the dark period goes. Everyone knows that cannabis can veg in 24 hour light. That doesn't mean when the lights go out all function stops.

The point I am making is the one I made in my last statement. The statements you made that I quoted are nonsense. People go through these forums hoping for accurate information.

G

Glow

Yep that's correct. Plants have a light cycle and a dark cycle (Calvin cycle which is light independent) although interesting the dark cycle can also occur in the presence of light.

Top Bottom