Demons 4x315 Cmh Grow

• Thread starter DemonTrich
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
DemonTrich

DemonTrich

I rock an autopilot master greenhouse controller with fuzzy logic. Since I use a portable ac, and winter air when it's cold, either the ac sucks co2 air out the lung room, or the outside air lessens the co2 air. I don't care about using gas, it's 20/refill. I use 1 tank every 5 days when running my ac. It hasn't been cold enough to set up my outside fans yet.

EventHorizan

EventHorizan

I rock an autopilot master greenhouse controller with fuzzy logic. Since I use a portable ac, and winter air when it's cold, either the ac sucks co2 air out the lung room, or the outside air lessens the co2 air. I don't care about using gas, it's 20/refill. I use 1 tank every 5 days when running my ac. It hasn't been cold enough to set up my outside fans yet.
Those our nice too...

DemonTrich

DemonTrich

Not really a week, but some nice pics. Plants look nice, they all got a flower feeding. I'm sure the next few days they'll start stretching. Last pic is my 2 gal Side pots. In another 5 days or so, I'll clean up the lower again. Then won't touch anything until harvest.

20161205 205801
20161205 205743
20161205 205752

Last edited:
DemonTrich

DemonTrich

@mancdank
Yes, fuzzy logic setting ftmfw!!! Set it at desired ppm.setting and walk away. Constant set ppm output during lights on.

@EventHorizan

DN, mb, mf, gg4, c4, chaos were all clone. All others I popped seeds and pheno hunted.

DemonTrich

DemonTrich

20161213 205349
20161213 200749
20161213 205415
Updated pics
I believe it's 15 days from flip. The girls are all looking great! I ended up going back down to 1000ppm co2. I wouldn't be able to judge the lights, as the 200ppm added co2 could screw up the test. So, nice flowers are forming, gonna lift up the 2 in the far right corner tomorrow to even out the canopy height. Lower a couple more as well.

GT21

GT21

I like soup
Supporter
The plasmas look and probably are great but yea that price is ridiculous for how much light they make..... I'm in the same situation as you man and after a lot of research and consideration I think the best supplemental light for HPS is just a good ol fashion mh. As a stand alone light cmh are almost perfect in terms of spectrum but if your goal is to simply add blue and uv you can't really beat the mh. Originally I was gonna go w cmh but they actually have a lot more red than mh which is why they're superior as a standalone - but less uv. I'm basing this on this article I read so make your own conclusions....
I've got a 20k spectrum coral growing mh that literally puts holes in leaves so too much UV can definitely be a bad thing ;)
Hope that helps
The best supplement for a hps may it be a cheap bulb or expensive is a uvb bulb for broadening the spectrum. The goal is to do what the sun does and hitting photo system 1 and 2 and chlorophyll a and b directly. Which goes lower in nanometers than metal halide.

GT21

GT21

I like soup
Supporter
Which uvb bulb are you speaking of? Reptile lights? All the heavy UV bulbs I've seen are low wattage which from what I've seen means you have to have the bulbs very close( which isn't very practical) to have ANY effect ...... on elevated thc/terps levels.... But that's not all I'm trying to accomplish. The plant sensitivity curve doesn't show a whole lot of photosynthesis under 350nm, uvb is 280-315nm. The idea w uvb is to give your plant short exposures to it in the last couple weeks- studies show that's all that's required to stress your plant to increase potency.... Like you said we're trying to mimic the sun UV light is violet, I'm trying to add BLUE light to bring a mostly orange/red spectrum (HPS) closer to the suns balnce of blue/red. Blue light signals stomatal opening -among other things.... Plants have a lot more light harvesting pigments than chlorophyll a/b , see the plant sensitivity curve below.... I thought the same thing as you MH didn't put off a whole lot of UV which is why I initially was gonna go w the cmh as supplementary but that not the case at all. It turns out reg MH puts out a lot more UV than the cmh coming close to the sun in terms of its percentage same w blue light scroll down to the chart at bottom it even has sunlight to compare. I take it you didn't click the link it breaks it all down. It's done by a university so should be legit
And that's just a standard GE mh not a specialized spectrum bulb there's mh that are shifted much further to the blue/violet end of the spectrum (see below). As I was saying though you have to be careful w uvb too much causes plant damage. I've got a 1000w coralvue MH bulb 20 000kelvin which is purple as fuck but it literally puts pinholes in leaves which get bigger the longer the plants exposed eventually burning your plant to a crisp. I also have/had a few of the solistek 10ks which are more of any icy blue color overall. It's all about synergy tho getting as close to the suns spectrum as possible which is why cmh are great as a standalone- they're very close see the CRI. Hope that makes sense I'm a fuckin scatter brain lol:D the last pic is hortilux reg and blue
All i can say is.. try it.. yes you are correct though.. the little cfls have to be kept close. We have several uvb threads here and many use them with great success(on this site and about 4 others). I dont recommend short bursts either... i leave them on with the rest of the lights the whole 12 hours. At noon each day our sun is putting off about 10% ultraviolet. Youre correct again... mimic the sun. Many that tried the uv bulbs and didnt see or taste a change in the weed... didnt have them close enough or did the "short bursts" like i do not recommend
Actinic Lights go all the way down to 50,000k. When looking at the money involved in getting low nanometers to your plants you have several options

Expensive ceramic
Expensive actinic
Expensive mh
Or
A cheap hps bulb and a couple cheap uvb lights and they DO WORK

Hell even the new led companies are throwing uvb bulbs in the ends. Not because its snake oil for sales... but because they actually work!!!

Definitely on the right track with the photo systems 1 and 2 and chlorophyll A and B. Broaden the spectrum..Mimic the sun.. get good pot.. not additives needed.

GT21

GT21

I like soup
Supporter
I only said short burst cuz my plants get fried from the coral bulb. It must be because it's a 1000w so even if only a small percentage is UV ( some cases not so small) it's still far more than the cfls emit even at close range which is why it's nice w Gavita cuz you can have em high like the gavitas running vertical so it spreads out better and no shadows like if they were closer. There's no point going lower than 280nm tho that's uvc which makes ozone you don't want an ozone generator shining on your plants below that you got X-rays and gamma rays which of course those lights don't produce. But apparently peeling scotch tape in a vacuum does ;) X-rays anyway. Peace
Ya you definitely dont want to go into uvc nanometers. please elaborate on the 1000 watt actinic bulb and nutrients youre using and i can probably help with the frying problem. You can just google (greenthumbs21) or (greenthumbs21_nopurchaseoffers) and see a couple pics of my last 10 years growing and 3 years(now 4) of spectrum and thermodynamics research. I played with all sorts of light and nutrients lines and ill tell you that lighting is the key factor in good pot.

Screenshot 2016 12 14 15 35 04
Screenshot 2016 12 14 15 35 53
Screenshot 2016 12 14 15 34 05
DemonTrich

DemonTrich

The girls are coming along nicely. Gently bent over my Mob boss tops. Damn girl was growing taller than I wanted. Nice bud sites forming. Hard to tell if better than the hps runs. Looks better, but could be the placebo effect.

Last nigjt was h20 and terpinator night (20ml/gal).

One thing I'm certain of, I'm not getting the stretch I used to get. I'll give a final ruling at the end of week 3.5. But so far, it's about 20% less stretch.

20161218 202119
20161218 202134
20161218 202124
20161218 202146

mancdank

mancdank

The girls are coming along nicely. Gently bent over my Mob boss tops. Damn girl was growing taller than I wanted. Nice bud sites forming. Hard to tell if better than the hps runs. Looks better, but could be the placebo effect.

Last nigjt was h20 and terpinator night (20ml/gal).

One thing I'm certain of, I'm not getting the stretch I used to get. I'll give a final ruling at the end of week 3.5. But so far, it's about 20% less stretch.

View attachment 653609 View attachment 653611 View attachment 653613 View attachment 653615
U got your self a real nice canopy there :) looking good these lights so far imho

Latest posts

Top Bottom