Desperate For Advice On Ph Issues In Small 2 Gallon Reservoir

• Thread starter dsiomtw
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
EventHorizan

EventHorizan

Note how few roots are between your net pots and the nute level. How do you expect the root mass near the water line to get through the few roots above it ?

Raise the level to near the bottom of the net pots so more roots can develop from the plant, although it may be too late this grow, do it anyway

You might want to visit my thread as I use < 3 gallon rezes
Are you serious?

EventHorizan

EventHorizan

Still curious why you use RO water to top off your res and not a secondary reservoir with nute solution.I find this secondary solution critical as to know what is going in and whats going out.I can micro manage the PPM in the system and what is being mixed.So if i have 600 in the Epi bucket and 700 in the top off res i know my plants are taking in more than im giving.I can adjust the top off res to match the Epi.Also i will know how much solution they are drinking so i can add back the calmag.How do you know how much calmag to add in if you dont know how many gallons went missing.I have 6 plants that are drinking 2 gallons a day.If i replaced this with just RO water it seems the PPM would drop drastically in 3 o 4 days.Keeping the solution in a seperate res keeps the system topped off and i dont let up on whatever PPM they are set at.
Just curious as to why you do it that way
I do it because its easy. I dont have another 55 gal drum clean. It really isnt no easy with or with out as I have done both. My ppm drops about 50 every 2 days and I just add in 50 ml... If I was keeping it I would just put a nutrient doser on the incoming ro and would never have to touch it, but 6 buckets and weeks of veg our ignorant. A 24 bucket ebb and flow, with coco will smoke this 6 bucket rdwc system.. This system is as cool as It gets but cool and practical are 2 diff things...
I plan to sell my UC system next summer. I only paid 500 for mine. Not the 1200, that they ask new...

D

dsiomtw

@EventHorizan @heisenbubble just wanted to let you guys know my little plant is looking a lot better after raising the temps and increasing the MagiCal to full strength. Just in the past 48 hours she has really improved, and I think I'm starting to see what a healthy plant looks like. It's probably too late to get much out of this grow but I'll see it to the end just for the experience.

I love my freakin' pH controller and not having to touch that.

But man, what a pain it is trying to train even 1 plant in this little box. Ugh!

Last edited:
H

heisen

@EventHorizan @heisenbubble just wanted to let you guys know my little plant is looking a lot better after raising the temps and increasing the MagiCal to full strength. Just in the past 48 hours she has really improved, and I think I'm starting to see what a healthy plant looks like. It's probably too late to get much out of this grow but I'll see it to the end just for the experience. I love my freakin' pH controller and not having to touch that.
controller is nice.I chose not to use one cause i like to see what my ph is doing.A falling PH can mean bad things.When your PH is stable that is good.A rising ph doesnt necesarrily mean bad bit it could mean your plant is taking in more than is available.
proper temp is critical for young plants.I just think your low air temp combined with colder water was stunting the plants growth.Also calcium is very important.It is what moves nutrients through the plant.Magnesium works the same way.A plant wont flourish without them.
You can build a 2 bucket system with a control bucket for around 50 bucks in parts and get a 1/8 water chiller,a pump and good air pump for around 350 more.throw in a 315 CMH or a good COB setup and grow some serious bud.Im talking 8 ounces off one auto if you get the right genetics and light setup.Add in a top off reservoir with your controller and dude you would have next level setup.your first run with that setup with the proper nutrients and you would be shocked at what you would pull.

D

dsiomtw

@heisenbubble that sounds exactly like what I want to do. I am in serious research mode right now!

I hear ya on the pH stuff. The “grow room” is 10 feet from my desk and I can hear the little dose pump when it runs as long as the door is open, so I have a pretty good idea of how often it’s dosing. Plus I can easily tell how much per day, etc just by looking at the level of the jug holding the down solution.

Pretty sure my heavy aeration is a big contributor to the constantly rises ring pH. Plus my ppm goes down a bit every day, so she’s sucking up nutes as well which causes pH to go up some more. I think what I’m seeing with pH is all normal and good, it’s just a hassle to maintain with only 2 gals without a controller.

H

heisen

@heisenbubble that sounds exactly like what I want to do. I am in serious research mode right now!

I hear ya on the pH stuff. The “grow room” is 10 feet from my desk and I can hear the little dose pump when it runs as long as the door is open, so I have a pretty good idea of how often it’s dosing. Plus I can easily tell how much per day, etc just by looking at the level of the jug holding the down solution.

Pretty sure my heavy aeration is a big contributor to the constantly rises ring pH. Plus my ppm goes down a bit every day, so she’s sucking up nutes as well which causes pH to go up some more. I think what I’m seeing with pH is all normal and good, it’s just a hassle to maintain with only 2 gals without a controller.
Yeah man a healthy plant with good roots you will hardly have to adjust the ph.My Ghost OG i have going now i havnt touched the PH in over a week.Its super stable and i dont use any PH perfect bullshit nutes etc etc.Just A B and calmag than ill use the extra P and K after the stretch is over.Its called Liquid Koolbloom.I also ph my top off resovior so the water that is going in to the system is adjusted also.i have 20 gallon totes for top off resovior that just gravity feeds to the epi bucket.Shits so easy a caveman could do it.I rarely have to fuck with my 6 bucket setup at all.i fill it every 10 days and thats it.I add 4 ML of calimagic per gallon,than ill add 2ML of A and 4 ML of bloom now cause im in flower.1 to 2 ratio.Than ill start checking PPM as i add in a little at a time till i hit 700 PPM.than ill add 3 ML per gallon of liquid koolbloom.Adjust the PH close the lid and thats it.I dont fuck with nothing for another 10 days.My ph might drift a .1 or .2 at the most in 3 to 4 days but its rare.It really just hangs around 5.8.But i noticed organic shit and algae in your res will have your PH al over the place.

D

dsiomtw

I am certainly going to try the cns nutes next time around. I’m sold!

I just recently noticed that if I shake some of my technaflora bottles and listen carefully, you can hear what can only be solidified crystals inside the bottle, before even mixing it with anything else. That can’t be good!

H

heisen

I am certainly going to try the cns nutes next time around. I’m sold!

I just recently noticed that if I shake some of my technaflora bottles and listen carefully, you can hear what can only be solidified crystals inside the bottle, before even mixing it with anything else. That can’t be good!
Naw man they put part A and B of ceartian nutes in seperate bottles for a reason.like they have micro seperated also.when you mix that stuff in concentrated forms it will solidify.dont believe me put your cal mag in a small doser and add a couple drops of your grow to it and watch what happens.

D

dsiomtw

@EventHorizan @heisenbubble So she did well while I was away - looking better than ever. pH controllers are awesome. And your advice was too!

Definitely going to start flowering soon, so I'm starting to think about when I want to switch to bloom lights and nutes.

I think the best advice I've heard so far basically says that even though it's an autoflower, don't just randomly go by a set number of days or weeks, but rather wait till she all but stops the vertical growth, and that's when you switch over.

Does that sound about right to you guys? I know that if I was just going by what the breeder says, I would switch to bloom now. But she was definitely stunted due to the mistakes I made, but now that she's healthy she seems to want to stretch and grow some more...

IMG_0504.jpg

H

heisen

you can switch now.Its already flowering.Dont cut out nitrogen completely but you can switch to flower mode.lights on 18 and off 6 for the rest of the time

EventHorizan

EventHorizan

@heisenbubble she's been under 20/4 since day 1. You're suggesting I switch to 18/6 for flower?
Man bro i get like 200 notifications a day... Somehow i missed yours.. Im so sorry after helping you.. But you been in good hands with hisenbubble.

EventHorizan

EventHorizan

@EventHorizan @heisenbubble So she did well while I was away - looking better than ever. pH controllers are awesome. And your advice was too!

Definitely going to start flowering soon, so I'm starting to think about when I want to switch to bloom lights and nutes.

I think the best advice I've heard so far basically says that even though it's an autoflower, don't just randomly go by a set number of days or weeks, but rather wait till she all but stops the vertical growth, and that's when you switch over.

Does that sound about right to you guys? I know that if I was just going by what the breeder says, I would switch to bloom now. But she was definitely stunted due to the mistakes I made, but now that she's healthy she seems to want to stretch and grow some more...

IMG_0504.jpg
So shoot some more pics of the plant and lets see how they look.. I like to see the whole plant.

D

dsiomtw

Yep I'll post some more pics in just a bit. So what kind of ppms do you guys use with flowering autos??

Top Bottom