Desperate For Advice On Ph Issues In Small 2 Gallon Reservoir

• Thread starter dsiomtw
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
D

dsiomtw

Last question for now just to be sure ... so you guys run about the same ppm all through flower vs increasing it week by week?

EventHorizan

EventHorizan

Last question for now just to be sure ... so you guys run about the same ppm all through flower vs increasing it week by week?
I play it safe and up just a lil till i see some claw then i drop it 50 ppm.. I know ppl run 800 to 1000 ppm but ive found 750 ppm to be sufficient.

EventHorizan

EventHorizan

Also the more air you give the roots the less ppm you have to give.. Me and hisenbubble barely ever get over 500 in our systems..

D

dsiomtw

@EventHorizan do you try to maintain the same temps during flower, just lower humidity? I’ve heard some people say lower temps are better in flower as well...

EventHorizan

EventHorizan

@EventHorizan do you try to maintain the same temps during flower, just lower humidity? I’ve heard some people say lower temps are better in flower as well...
yes lower temps in flower starting week 3.. heat will make the buds not fill out and be nugs.. they will be squishy..
drop the temp to 77 then to 75 then to 72 last 2 weeks.. night time temps in low 60's last few weeks 8,9,10 will make them fade out with some fall colors.. Start your flush 2 weeks before chop..

D

dsiomtw

@EventHorizan @heisenbubble I'm almost embarrassed to post this pic but what the hell, it's my first grow - in hydro no less - and she's got buds, and I've learned a ton, so I'm considering this a win no matter what.

She's only about 14" tall, but I've done everything I can to keep her small. Super close to the lights from day 1, managing the day/nite temp variation, etc. and doing everything I've learned to keep her short.

This is the middle of week 9, and her buds are slowly starting to fatten up a bit. Since I screwed her over with the cold early on and she was stunted for a few weeks I'm hoping to run it out to week 11 or 12 but we'll see.

Question - when do you guys chop your autos? Her trichs are still all completely clear, but I've read that with autos the color of the trichs aren't always a good indication as with photo plants.

Anyway, here she is. My temps have also been a bit higher than what @EventHorizan recommended above, so I'm going to do my best to keep the temps lower for the next few weeks until harvest...

IMG 0518
H

heisen

Not bad at all man.you still have a couple weeks.lots of hairs still.when u see her turning color and the pistols slow down and more calyxs getting fat she' ready

D

dsiomtw

And yes, I’ve been seriously defoliating this plant trying to get as much light as possible to the bud sites. I know there are differing opinions on that, but she doesn’t seem to mind at all, and I personally don’t buy into the idea that she needs all her leaves. Anything green is contributing to photosynthesis and there’s a shitload of green left despite defoliating most fan leaves, and even some sugar leaves the past few weeks. Some people feel doing this causes the plant to think “oh shit I’m gonna die soon I better focus on making flowers!”

D

dsiomtw

Not bad at all man.you still have a couple weeks.lots of hairs still.when u see her turning color and the pistols slow down and more calyxs getting fat she' ready

Perfect, that’s exactly what I wanted to hear. Thanks bro - if it wasn’t for you and @EventHorizan she’d probably be dead already.

Just to be clear, are you saying to wait until most of the pistils have shriveled up and turned amber/brown?

EventHorizan

EventHorizan

Perfect, that’s exactly what I wanted to hear. Thanks bro - if it wasn’t for you and @EventHorizan she’d probably be dead already.

Just to be clear, are you saying to wait until most of the pistils have shriveled up and turned amber/brown?
Doing good bro.. Got a few weeks left at least tho.. Be patient.. And clear trichs is clear trichs.. The only thing auto means is no reduced light schedule... Everything else the same..

D

dsiomtw

Doing good bro.. Got a few weeks left at least tho.. Be patient.. And clear trichs is clear trichs.. The only thing auto means is no reduced light schedule... Everything else the same..

Thanks, that stuff I read did sound like bs to me. Will report back in a few weeks!

D

dsiomtw

@EventHorizan @heisenbubble I forgot to ask - what is your process for flushing? Do you really just use plain water in the res? For how long? It seems counter-intuitive to starve her in her final days of bud fattening ...

H

heisen

@EventHorizan @heisenbubble I forgot to ask - what is your process for flushing? Do you really just use plain water in the res? For how long? It seems counter-intuitive to starve her in her final days of bud fattening ...
I never flush in hydro.by time there finished it' s usually so low it doesn't matter.you can flush a hydro plant in 3 days.soil takes 2 weeks.
Plants in soil not flushed taste like shit

EventHorizan

EventHorizan

@EventHorizan @heisenbubble I forgot to ask - what is your process for flushing? Do you really just use, and its just plain water in the res? For how long? It seems counter-intuitive to starve her in her final days of bud fattening ...
It isnt needed if you have reduced your ppm enough for your plants to bring on their fall colors. I flush as I dont think it needs any feed during maturation and its just a waste of feed.

D

dsiomtw

@EventHorizan @heisenbubble thanks for the quick replies. It sounds like you’re both saying ppms should trend down towards the end of flowering, but I haven’t come across anything about this. I’ve been running at 600 the entire time. Should I be topping off with plain water so that ppms slowly drop, or ??

EventHorizan

EventHorizan

@EventHorizan @heisenbubble thanks for the quick replies. It sounds like you’re both saying ppms should trend down towards the end of flowering, but I haven’t come across anything about this. I’ve been running at 600 the entire time. Should I be topping off with plain water so that ppms slowly drop, or ??
Well I drop mine today to 150 ppm and im gonna maybe run some sweetners last 2 weeks

D

dsiomtw

@EventHorizan can you give me some idea of how you transition from 500ish down to 150? And what about these sweeteners? I thought they were mostly bogus??

Top Bottom