Desperate For Advice On Ph Issues In Small 2 Gallon Reservoir

• Thread starter dsiomtw
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
H

heisen

This is why I stay away from helping people.they ask you for help than answer there questions with how great there doing shit but it must be something else there missing cause everyone else is doing great with whatever magical starter kit of nutes they have.now I see how these nute company's make money.i could buy nutes in bulk from any company,dilute it with distilled water,give it a cool name with success or winning in it,put a cool picture on the bottle of a plant as big as a house and I'll be richer than oprah.

H

heisen

Keep in mind I'm growing in a very small grow box. The grow box is in a room, with ambient air temp of about 66 degrees. But in the grow box the water temp is 68 degrees and the air temp near the plant averages around 76-78 degrees under the lights.
No.man.ambiant heat is different than radiant.your plants are to cold to.photosenthisize properly your "box" temp is to low.your nute strength is to high but it doesn't matter cause that cant get warm enough to absorb the nutes anyway.your water temp is your ambient temp without a chiller

D

dsiomtw

You can see in one of my previous pics that I have my temp and humidity gauge mounted on the back wall of the cabinet, not directly in front of a light. According to this gauge, the air temp in the box ranges from a low of 65 degrees when the lights are off, to a high of 78-80 F max when the lights are on.

Here's a pic I just took 5 mins ago. The leaf temps average around 75 degrees F depending where on the plant you check. You're telling me this is too cold???

IMG-0474.jpg

H

heisen

How can your water temp be 10 degrees colder if the ambient temp is 76.that doesn' make sense.water will.usually run a couple degrees colder but mine with lights out will always match the ambient room temp.i can put my thermometers in view of the.light and get readings of 100 degrees but ambient temp.is 77
Your air pump.is probably also.pulling air from out of the box and that is 65 degrees.that air goes into your box.i think your temps are to low combined with the nute cocktail your mixing.
Your plant roots are also to high.raise your water level.its DWC not aeroponics.

D

dsiomtw

OK so I forgot to mention but the door of the box stays open all the time.

So the air in the room that the box is in, is about 65-66 degrees. A fan gently blows and mixes this colder air into the box, where it mixes with the warmer air in the box.

According to the temp gauge on the side of the inside of the box, the air inside the box is around 76-78 degrees when the lights are on. And leaf temps are anywhere from 70-75 depending on where you measure.

The res is at the bottom of the box, and water temp averages around 68 degrees - just a few degrees warmer than the ambient air temp from the room that blows into the box. This makes sense to me since the res is away from the lights and the heat, and heat rises.

What am I missing here??

As far as the water level goes, most people recommend around 1-2 inches below the bottom of your net pot. Mine is about 1 inch.

H

heisen

OK so I forgot to mention but the door of the box stays open all the time.

So the air in the room that the box is in, is about 65-66 degrees. A fan gently blows and mixes this colder air into the box, where it mixes with the warmer air in the box.

According to the temp gauge on the side of the inside of the box, the air inside the box is around 76-78 degrees when the lights are on. And leaf temps are anywhere from 70-75 depending on where you measure.

The res is at the bottom of the box, and water temp averages around 68 degrees - just a few degrees warmer than the ambient air temp from the room that blows into the box. This makes sense to me since the res is away from the lights and the heat, and heat rises.

What am I missing here??

As far as the water level goes, most people recommend around 1-2 inches below the bottom of your net pot. Mine is about 1 inch.
Yeah most people just copy and paste what they read on these forums.why would you run DWC where you submerge your roots in oxygenated water but let the base of the roots hang In the air where they can collect pathogens from the warm air coming from outside.we run low water temps to prenvet root disease but let all the top of the roots hang In mid air ?That doesn' make sense.keep your roots under water.thats why your roots look weird coming out of the nets.also you can see the bright white new shoots.that means they had issues at some point in time

H

heisen

Your air temps are to low plain and simple.your nutrient cocktail is sitting in there locking up cause the plant isn't photosenthicizing fast enough cause of the cold air temps.the longer that stuff sits in the res the worse it gets.
My advice is throw that crap in the trash and start over with floraduo 2 part and calimagic.raise the temp in the box to 78 degrees ambient temp.add hydroguard to res cause the res temp will go up if the ambient temp is a true 78 degrees your radiant temp on the plant would be around 84.
Once you get the simple 2 part nutrients figured out than go back to mixing technaflora cocktails.
Thus is my advice and that' it.

D

dsiomtw

I appreciate your help, but I can't agree with all that stuff about the roots and water. I've done ridiculous amounts of research, and most people have a water level 1-2" below the net pots in DWC. Not to mention Supercloset themselves recommends 1-2" as well.

The air 1" above the water is roughly the same temp as the water itself, since the air being pumped in by the air pump is around 66 degrees. As far as weird roots, my roots look just like all the millions of pics I've looked at and I've never had any issues with my roots. They are only slightly brown due to staining from the Technaflora nutes I use.

I can't agree with the rest either now that I've read it. Nothing personal but what you're saying doesn't make any sense. One of the very first pics I posted shows a temp gauge mounted inside the box, about 1 foot away from the plant, and the temp gauge says 78.6 degrees F. That IS the ambient temp inside the box!

H

heisen

I appreciate your help, but I can't agree with all that stuff about the roots and water. I've done ridiculous amounts of research, and most people have a water level 1-2" below the net pots in DWC. Not to mention Supercloset themselves recommends 1-2" as well.

The air 1" above the water is roughly the same temp as the water itself, since the air being pumped in by the air pump is around 66 degrees. As far as weird roots, my roots look just like all the millions of pics I've looked at and I've never had any issues with my roots. They are only slightly brown due to staining from the Technaflora nutes I use.

I can't agree with the rest either now that I've read it. Nothing personal but what you're saying doesn't make any sense. One of the very first pics I posted shows a temp gauge mounted inside the box, about 1 foot away from the plant, and the temp gauge says 78.6 degrees F. That IS the ambient temp inside the box!
I'm probably one of the better of a handful of DWC growers here offering you free advice.you keep.referencing oh but I read.your not reading shit dude.your roots fucking suck and so does your plant.not even sure why your asking for help if your not trying to take any advice.you telling me I'm wrong about what I'm saying is dumb as shit and anyone that has seen my grows on here will say your an idiot.
Your roots should come out and go all the away around the net.yours dont.they have stringers coming out that look like shit.i would throw my plant in the trash if it had roots that looked like that.heres how roots are supposed to look.not little strings coming out of random holes and a gap of air between the root and the bottom of pot.
Dont take any of my advice.keep doing your thing lol.
Downloadfile 4

Downloadfile 6

Downloadfile 2

D

dsiomtw

1. Tell me how you're NOT wrong when I clearly showed a temp gauge mounted on the inside of the box that says 78.6F and you're telling me the inside of my box is way too cold?

2. Everyone knows the amount of space you have between the water level and the bottom of your net pot is not terribly important, and everyone has their own opinions. At the end of the day many successful growers use a 1-2" gap. I could post 100000 pics and videos showing this. I think you know this.

3. Trying to compare the roots from your fully developed plant to my 28 day old auto is just plain silly.

4. Just because I disagreed with something you said, you start in with the personal attacks? Smoke a bowl dude, that's totally lame.

Then kindly answer #1 above if you think you're right and I'm wrong. I showed a pic of the freakin' temp gauge in the box and it says 78.6F. Tell me how that's too cold, or not the "real" air temp inside the box. I'm listening...

H

heisen

Sure am glad this noob showed up to let me know I've been doing shit the wrong way for so long.im gonna buy a recipe for success starter kit and switch up my style.throw out all my custom built rdwc systems and start from scratch.

H

heisen

1. Tell me how you're NOT wrong when I clearly showed a temp gauge mounted on the inside of the box that says 78.6F and you're telling me the inside of my box is way too cold?

2. Everyone knows the amount of space you have between the water level and the bottom of your net pot is not terribly important, and everyone has their own opinions. At the end of the day many successful growers use a 1-2" gap. I could post 100000 pics and videos showing this. I think you know this.

3. Trying to compare the roots from your fully developed plant to my 28 day old auto is just plain silly.

4. Just because I disagreed with something you said, you start in with the personal attacks? Smoke a bowl dude, that's totally lame.

Then kindly answer #1 above if you think you're right and I'm wrong. I showed a pic of the freakin' temp gauge in the box and it says 78.6F. Tell me how that's too cold, or not the "real" air temp inside the box. I'm listening...
The roots in the second pic is from a 3 week old auto.i gave you some solid advice. y our numbers don't match up.fuck your plant.i hope it dies

D

dsiomtw

Ya that's what I thought. Can't even answer a simple question to back up anything you say. You suck dude. Now I know you're full of shit. Your 3 week old auto didn't completely fill a 5 gal bucket with roots, I can't believe you'd even claim something like that as no one in the entire world would believe it.

H

heisen

Naw man your the one asking for advice and telling me I'm wrong when my plants are fucking monsters and yours is circling the drain.im telling you some good shit and you keep saying I'm wrong.if you have all the answers why are you asking for help.i cant believe no one else has chimed into this shit show

H

heisen

Ya that's what I thought. Can't even answer a simple question to back up anything you say. You suck dude. Now I know you're full of shit. Your 3 week old auto didn't completely fill a 5 gal bucket with roots, I can't believe you'd even claim something like that as no one in the entire world would believe it.
It's in my journal.glutton for punishment. you have alot to learn son.

D

dsiomtw

I never said you're wrong, I said I disagreed with a few things you said and didn't explain. For example, I'm still waiting for you to explain why you think things are too cold when I showed a pic of a temp gauge mounted inside the box showing 78.6F? I also posted a pic with a temp gun showing leaf temps of around 75F. So please, I'm still waiting, PLEASE explain how this is "too cold" ?? When you say stuff like that and don't explain yourself, it makes one question what you're saying. So if you can't explain why you're saying that's too cold, this is all pointless "son."

Thejoeybrown

Thejoeybrown

@EventHorizan and @Organikz get a load of this shit.
I tagged event first post I wonder why he hasn’t chimed in.
I don’t do DWC so I’ve been just reading. Lol.

I will say this. @heisenbubble work speaks for itself. The man knows what he’s doing.
I’m not saying throw up your hands and follow his recipe but I would def listen to what he has to say. Which I believe you are.

I have to go look at that 3 week old auto myself. Hahahahaha.

Let’s just not get to where we have to delete posts. Keep it classy fellas. But I do believe @heisenbubble is trying to help in his own abrasive way. Hahah. He’s just a no bs guy.

Thejoeybrown

Thejoeybrown

I will say this. You don’t have to listen to anything anyone has to say but your title does say “desperate for advice” and he’s been giving his.

I would also like to know what’s the problem. I don’t think your roots look sick but I also know they are by no means thriving. Don’t just shrug off the water level thing.

H

heisen

I tagged event first post I wonder why he hasn’t chimed in.
I don’t do DWC so I’ve been just reading. Lol.

I will say this. @heisenbubble work speaks for itself. The man knows what he’s doing.
I’m not saying throw up your hands and follow his recipe but I would def listen to what he has to say. Which I believe you are.

I have to go look at that 3 week old auto myself. Hahahahaha.

Let’s just not get to where we have to delete posts. Keep it classy fellas. But I do believe @heisenbubble is trying to help in his own abrasive way. Hahah. He’s just a no bs guy.
That auto is definitey 3 weeks old recirc DWC done right auto will grow fast as shit.i have 2 journals on this forum day by day of auto grows in dwc.i don' make shit up.if I say something take it to the bank.

Top Bottom