Desperate For Advice On Ph Issues In Small 2 Gallon Reservoir

• Thread starter dsiomtw
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
EventHorizan

EventHorizan

I think he' more concerned about your lights off temps.
ya im thinking they are cold at night...
I know them 100 watt cfl put out some heat too..
Now if he took it all out the box and put the lights 18" above them, then he could use all 3 lights.. in that box, with the door shut would be death before long..
I bet he put them thru a day/night of heat while figuring it out to...

OP,,
Here is some pro advice..
IN FLOWER
Its better to reduce your light to keep canopy temps good than trying to use to much light thinking that will decide your yield..
While it is true, light does equate to more yield, it most deff isnt the only decider, as temp, and rh play a very big role too.. Temp can make buds foxtail.
Why you may think every thing looks great, till last 2 weeks and your buds begin to stretch and look shitty.
So more light isnt always better, unless you can have control over the room. That can require AC, Heat, dehumidifier, and a humidor.. As well as a controller to align everything..
With out that stuff, it can get difficult. Not impossible, but much harder...
And the plant may bitch a little as she is now :)

H

heisen

btw,, a little shit i learned.. on accident but i used it to my benefit, and now part of my staple. You can use water temps, going cold, to slow stretch, if for some reason you need to.. Just kind of cool to be able to dictate the plants growth.. Prob a real fine line.. I hit 51 degrees overnight before I got the heaters in there..
You can also reverse the day and night temps to get tlghter nodes.higher dark temp and cooler during business hours.been doing it this way a while.than after the nodes are built and stretch is over start to bring night temps down for trich and terp productiin

EventHorizan

EventHorizan

You can also reverse the day and night temps to get tlghter nodes.higher dark temp and cooler during business hours.been doing it this way a while.than after the nodes are built and stretch is over start to bring night temps down for trich and terp productiin
thats pretty cool too! I never flipped them like that. I might try that out..

D

dsiomtw

18” above the plant? Don’t these crappy CFLs need to be a lot closer than that? Others were telling me they are already too far, and should be inches from the plant??

Of course, if/when I ditch this box I should probably upgrade to something other than CFLs I imagine eh?

Thanks for the rest of the wisdom. If I even make it to flower, I’ll keep this all in mind lol

This is now my gym/grow room, so while I don’t have tons of space I’m willing to spend the money to do things right. I can have the HVAC guys out to put this small room on it’s own zone so I can set the ambient air temp to whatever I want.

ya im thinking they are cold at night...
I know them 100 watt cfl put out some heat too..
Now if he took it all out the box and put the lights 18" above them, then he could use all 3 lights.. in that box, with the door shut would be death before long..
I bet he put them thru a day/night of heat while figuring it out to...

OP,,
Here is some pro advice..
IN FLOWER
Its better to reduce your light to keep canopy temps good than trying to use to much light thinking that will decide your yield..
While it is true, light does equate to more yield, it most deff isnt the only decider, as temp, and rh play a very big role too.. Temp can make buds foxtail.
Why you may think every thing looks great, till last 2 weeks and your buds begin to stretch and look shitty.
So more light isnt always better, unless you can have control over the room. That can require AC, Heat, dehumidifier, and a humidor.. As well as a controller to align everything..
With out that stuff, it can get difficult. Not impossible, but much harder...
And the plant may bitch a little as she is now :)

D

dsiomtw

Yep, I’ve read about that. Great tip. My nodes are already literally an inch apart, some less, so I think I’m doing good there. I assumed this is because I have my lights about 6 inches away (although people say they should be even closer)

thats pretty cool too! I never flipped them like that. I might try that out..

EventHorizan

EventHorizan

18” above the plant? Don’t these crappy CFLs need to be a lot closer than that? Others were telling me they are already too far, and should be inches from the plant??

Of course, if/when I ditch this box I should probably upgrade to something other than CFLs I imagine eh?

Thanks for the rest of the wisdom. If I even make it to flower, I’ll keep this all in mind lol
yes cfl are junk. But i mean i know we are using what you got so it is what it is,
What kind of light depends on your budget and your intelligence level

EventHorizan

EventHorizan

Yep, I’ve read about that. Great tip. My nodes are already literally an inch apart, some less, so I think I’m doing good there. I assumed this is because I have my lights about 6 inches away (although people say they should be even closer)
only closer in flower and then its gonna cause serious foxtailing.. oh ya i post my pics of my moms

D

dsiomtw

yes cfl are junk. But i mean i know we are using what you got so it is what it is,
What kind of light depends on your budget and your intelligence level

I have the budget, and I promise my intelligence level is higher than this thread may indicate. Sorry for getting “pissy” earlier, I’m just frustrated.

I had no idea this was going to be so much work (supercloset makes it sound so easy) and I’m going out of town on Monday for the week. I’ve just spent soooo much time researching everything, and now I’m probably gonna lose my plant, so I’m just super disappointed right now.

But if I do I’ll just chalk it up to a learning experience and start over with everything I’ve learned from you guys.

EventHorizan

EventHorizan

Just 2 bulbs for all that growth.. 100 watts total.. Lights are 2 feet above..
Dont listen to the hype...

20171229 192937 HDR
20171229 192947
EventHorizan

EventHorizan

I have the budget, and I promise my intelligence level is higher than this thread may indicate. Sorry for getting “pissy” earlier, I’m just frustrated.

I had no idea this was going to be so much work (supercloset makes it sound so easy) and I’m going out of town on Monday for the week. I’ve just spent soooo much time researching everything, and now I’m probably gonna lose my plant, so I’m just super disappointed right now.

But if I do I’ll just chalk it up to a learning experience and start over with everything I’ve learned from you guys.
I promise you bro, you will succeed. Might want to cancel your trips after this for a few weeks...

D

dsiomtw

Yep, no trips for a few months after this so I’m golden.

I read in one of your threads that you want your tent temps to be 84 lights on and 78 lights off? I’m already thinking about moving to a tent (or even just open in the small room)

EventHorizan

EventHorizan

Dont worry, im not judging, or even assuming..
But i have a very low failure rate with newbies..
I dont have a problem with you asking why either, when i ask you to do something.. U need to know why..
U got so much info in your head, that we just need to organize it and walk you thru a run.. Almost everyone is ready to roll after there first harvest.. We get you there.. And take care of that bluelab meter, its the best growing thing you own.. Read all about PH tip and keeping it hydrated...

EventHorizan

EventHorizan

Yep, no trips for a few months after this so I’m golden.

I read in one of your threads that you want your tent temps to be 84 lights on and 78 lights off? I’m already thinking about moving to a tent (or even just open in the small room)
Well you need to understand that I run c02 and so I have to run higher temps. You cant run the temps I do.
Also veg temps are higher than flower temps.

If you cant control everything, shoot for 76 and try to stay as close as possible..

With autos your room is fine, but photos will require 12 hrs of uninterrupted darkness, and you will need a tent in there. U cant let a photo get light in the dark period of many bad things can happen, and will

D

dsiomtw

Thanks. I’m going to stick to autos until my first successful grow.

Got it on the co2. I’ll wait on that until I have at least 1 successful grow under my belt. No need to complicate things now.

I seriously think I’m just going to ditch the box, fix the room temp to 76, put the res on the floor with lights above, and try that on the next round. Probably either change to a larger res while I’m at it, or add a 2nd res that circulates with this one.

If all I want to do is grow 1 auto at a time that will yield at least a few ounces, is that what you would recommend given my room/setup, or something else?

Thanks!

EventHorizan

EventHorizan

Got it on the co2. I’ll wait on that until I have at least 1 successful grow under my belt. No need to complicate things now.

I seriously think I’m just going to ditch the box, fix the room temp to 76, put the res on the floor with lights above, and try that on the next round. Probably either change to a larger res while I’m at it, or add a 2nd res that circulates with this one.

If all I want to do is grow 1 auto at a time that will yield at least a few ounces, is that what you would recommend given my room/setup, or something else?

Thanks!
Well let me think on that till tomm night..

D

dsiomtw

Thanks. You rock!

You too heisenbubble. I’d be curious what you would recommend, and I’d love a link to learn more about your set up.

It seems I don’t even need a tent since the room could be a dedicated workout/grow room (2 of my new favorite things!) and it’s only about 12’ by 12’ so I have relatively easy control over things like ambient temp and rh. If necessary I can also easily poke a hole in the wall for easy exhaust into the attic on the other side of the wall.

Last edited:
H

heisen

Thanks!
Smartest shit u said all night.listen to what event is saying man.and stop saying what other people said or are saying. there is alot of misinformation on the net.A dude yesterday said you can reverse a male im like wtf.you got 2 seasoned growers here giving u advice.and I rarely give shit so that' s alot.me and him run under current dwc.his was bought I built mine cause I don' like a few things they do so I changed it.plus I can space my stuff out how I want and I feel like mine flows a little better with the way I designed it.plus there filter location sucks if you run scrogs.
Let event help u.if you want to 86 that box and start over with a nice setup with a decent light he will walk you through but I guarantee you'l have some dank shit by time its' over.
I' sorry I don' have the time or patience and alot of my setup is so far advanced man u wouldn't understand.just stat with a basic setup and you will be killing it before u know it.

Top Bottom