desperately In need of advice!

• Thread starter ayeob
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Bucky13

Bucky13

okay, i haven’t watered it in like 3-4 days, so should i water it today and then nutrients tomorrow? and yeah i have heard that NL is a slow starter
I know you are working with some others here so don’t want to make it too crazy. Personally I watch the soil as much as the leaves. If the soil looks moist on top I for sure don’t water. If it’s dry on top and I wipe away the first 1/4” or so and it’s moist I don’t water. If I sort of poke my finger in there a little deeper and it is fairly dry around an inch or so I will water with about a 1/4 to 1/2 gallon of water depending on when I watered last, condition of plant etc. As far as nutrients I run them approximately once a week and then ph my water and add some calmag as I have water with heavy lime. What nutrients are you using? In regards to the watering aspect images of your soil would probably be better than pictures of the plant. A pic of the top of the soil and then a pic of the soil with the top half inch to inch in a small area pulled back.

ayeob

ayeob

I know you are working with some others here so don’t want to make it too crazy. Personally I watch the soil as much as the leaves. If the soil looks moist on top I for sure don’t water. If it’s dry on top and I wipe away the first 1/4” or so and it’s moist I don’t water. If I sort of poke my finger in there a little deeper and it is fairly dry around an inch or so I will water with about a 1/4 to 1/2 gallon of water depending on when I watered last, condition of plant etc. As far as nutrients I run them approximately once a week and then ph my water and add some calmag as I have water with heavy lime. What nutrients are you using? In regards to the watering aspect images of your soil would probably be better than pictures of the plant. A pic of the top of the soil and then a pic of the soil with the top half inch to inch in a small area pulled back.
i use the trio of fox farms, only use the tiger bloom when it’s flowering time. but i use grow big big bloom and buschdoctor wholly mackerel and kelp me kelp you. but yeah i usually do the finger test to see if the soil is dry or not. also do the weigh test to see if it is heavy or not. here’s some photos of the soil the 3rd picture where my finger is, is really really hard and stiff and i don’t wanna move anymore soil. if that makes sense

Toohighmyguy

Toohighmyguy

Just wanted to say yes the girls look unhappy. But in my eyes I don't see over under abondance of vitamins or minerals. So start like the gentleman are expressing. Sometimes it may appear your plants are watered. I reality deep inside it dry. Sometimes if possible and your not sure. Feel the weight. Still not sure if you're scared to drown your girl use a same sized pot with your dirt and soak it fully. I mean waterlogged. To understand the weight aspect. The only thing other I may say room conditions. Possibilities to cool, too hot. Small but environment conditions. So many things whether big or small begin with easily fixed issues. Read them, feel them, talk to them. No one person can give you that intimacy. Don't give up and if this round doesn't work. It's not failure, it's more knowledge. Love and happiness

Bucky13

Bucky13

From wha
i use the trio of fox farms, only use the tiger bloom when it’s flowering time. but i use grow big big bloom and buschdoctor wholly mackerel and kelp me kelp you. but yeah i usually do the finger test to see if the soil is dry or not. also do the weigh test to see if it is heavy or not. here’s some photos of the soil the 3rd picture where my finger is, is really really hard and stiff and i don’t wanna move anymore soil. if that makes sense
t I can see they appear to need water as long as they are not sitting in a puddle of water and the bag appears dry on the bottom etc weight and so forth. Unless it is just sitting consistently in too much water, the soil has an even consistent moisture and running a little toward the dry side and back to the moist side with watering you should typically be ok. They can handle some moisture. It is ultimately about balancing. Not too mich not too little. You have to find your method for maintaining that balance. That is ultimately what each of us is describing is our own methods for finding that balance. Staying close to the middle and not too much one way or the other is what you are looking for.

ayeob

ayeob

just got home.. probably but first lift the pot/bag, must be pretty light?
post a couple canopy shots from little closer than you normally do..
anything you see different or?
not a problem! i understand. but here are a few pics i notice that is there is some burn marks it look like maybe? and they are still a little droopy and the tips are pointed down on some of them. but yes the pot is really light, i might hold off and water tomorrow morning when lights come on. you think that’ll be fine?

let me know if these pics help or you need more

ayeob

ayeob

Just wanted to say yes the girls look unhappy. But in my eyes I don't see over under abondance of vitamins or minerals. So start like the gentleman are expressing. Sometimes it may appear your plants are watered. I reality deep inside it dry. Sometimes if possible and your not sure. Feel the weight. Still not sure if you're scared to drown your girl use a same sized pot with your dirt and soak it fully. I mean waterlogged. To understand the weight aspect. The only thing other I may say room conditions. Possibilities to cool, too hot. Small but environment conditions. So many things whether big or small begin with easily fixed issues. Read them, feel them, talk to them. No one person can give you that intimacy. Don't give up and if this round doesn't work. It's not failure, it's more knowledge. Love and happiness
yeha i haven’t used any nutrients yet besides the earth worm castings that are in the soil. but yeah when i water it comes out the side of the pot so i think i’m watering too much to fast. i need to know how to water properly. i was told water around the sides and do a solo cup size of water wait 5 mins then water again. i feel like it is not coming out of the bottom like it should. also don’t water by the root ball right? but yes i am taking all this knowledge and writing it down so i know for next time.

ayeob

ayeob

From wha

t I can see they appear to need water as long as they are not sitting in a puddle of water and the bag appears dry on the bottom etc weight and so forth. Unless it is just sitting consistently in too much water, the soil has an even consistent moisture and running a little toward the dry side and back to the moist side with watering you should typically be ok. They can handle some moisture. It is ultimately about balancing. Not too mich not too little. You have to find your method for maintaining that balance. That is ultimately what each of us is describing is our own methods for finding that balance. Staying close to the middle and not too much one way or the other is what you are looking for.
yeah mine always comes out the sides when i water so i am watering too much to fast. but when you say not the middle you mean don’t water around the stalk right stick to the outer edge? and the middle doesn’t really need water?

GNick55

GNick55

Staff
Supporter
well
yeah mine always comes out the sides when i water so i am watering too much to fast. but when you say not the middle you mean don’t water around the stalk right stick to the outer edge? and the middle doesn’t really need water?
your using fox farm trio? right

GNick55

GNick55

Staff
Supporter
your in flower now..
what week? 4-5? by the looks of it.

ayeob

ayeob

your in flower now..
what week? 4-5? by the looks of it.
oh shit…is it bad that it has only had nutrients 2 times it’s whole
life?

okay so i should add the tiger bloom? i also have used flower fuel too during flower. idk which is better.

Top Bottom