Votes: 1 5.6%
  • 196+ grams = 0.77+ g/w

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
S

Sense I. Milla

60x Scope

Yeah it's not bad on certain strains, but if pushed too long the nice tight bud structure of the cola starts to grow away from the cola outwards... Then you'll see a string of calyxes instead of a cluster start to pull away like a bushy foxtail... :itwasntme

Got the scope, thanks Shady. It's harder to check the trichs then I thought it would be, any tips?

I finally got my hand to stop shaking enough to catch a few glimpses of the Big Girl 60x magnified.

The report: Saw some some clear as well as cloudy trichs at the top of the cola, and more cloudier trichs as you move down the plant. I spotted only a couple amber trichs on some of the lower buds. I'm going to try and get a better look at things when the lights turn off.

I also 60x magnified some of the Small Girl's trimmed buds too. Most were cloudy, saw some amber. The top cola was mostly cloudy, but I did spot a clear trich on my top cola which bummed me out a little:(. She definitely could of used more time...

I should of just waited a couple more days until I had the scope at least... oh well, won't let that happen again. Her buds have been drying for 3 days now.

The humidity is about 50% here, I should wait about 7 days before jarring them, right?:talking

Thanks again for the help guys.

S

Sense I. Milla

Duh

I'm just cutting off a small sample to examine on a flat surface now and solved my problem. Feel pretty stupid about this post now:
Got the scope, thanks Shady. It's harder to check the trichs then I thought it would be, any tips?

I finally got my hand to stop shaking enough to catch a few glimpses of the Big Girl 60x magnified. .......

Shady

Shady

Chillin' in the Shade...
Supporter
Don't trip brah... Those scopes are a bitch to get used to... Eventually you'll find the perfect focal length and be able to hold a bud with one hand while you scope by moving closer or farther from the trichomes until the picture is crystal clear. :cool

S

Sense I. Milla

SG's Dry weight....

Small girl's dry weight is 24 grams.

Not too much, but I'm still glad w/ the yield.

The popcorn on her is pretty much swag, infested w/ little pre-mature seeds.... But the top buds are all dense, seedless, and sticky.

The taste is a sweet, "earthy" taste. Since I only used base nutes, that is *where most of the taste is coming from.

With a few more weeks of curing, it'll only get better.

:)

S

Sense I. Milla

BG's feeding.

I've notice a few new white pistils, and like you said Shady, this is the first sign of foxtailing.

So, I'm gonna hit the Big Girl w/ some PK from GH-Bloom in addition to the molasses with her feeding today. I'm checking the trichs on the Big Girl everyday and she's gonna need another weeks or so, and I don't want to flush her too long.

My hope is that after a couple rounds of growing the same strain, I will be able to nail the flush schedule better.

Also with some more experience with the same strain, be able to nail the harvest time too.

Thanks again farmers and happy growing.:nerd

Shady

Shady

Chillin' in the Shade...
Supporter
Uhhh, I wouldn't hit them with a PK boost if you've been flushing for a week before harvest... :shake If you do, I'd expect foxtailing occur for sure and you'll have to flush again to clear out the nutes... Then again, it might be a good experiment to confirm my suspicions.

S

Sense I. Milla

I haven't watered her yet...

Uhhh, I wouldn't hit them with a PK boost if you've been flushing for a week before harvest... :shake If you do, I'd expect foxtailing occur for sure and you'll have to flush again to clear out the nutes... Then again, it might be a good experiment to confirm my suspicions.

So I won't hit her w/ PK then. Sorry Shady, but I'd rather not experiment on her to confirm your suspicions. At this point, I just want her to produce the best bud possible. Besides, you're probably going to be right anyway.

I guess I don't understand why fox-tailing is occurring in the first place. I assumed it was because of the PK deficiency during a prolonged flush. I *then assumed again that added PK would maybe help them from fox-tailing, but I really didn't know.

* I should of just asked this: What would you do? Should I keep on flushing her up to the chop?

Thanks again man.

motherlode

motherlode

@Rolln_J
Supporter
molasses and flush for the win - shady is on point as always

F

frostedlove

I think normally once you start to flush you don't go back on . Just flush flush flush and hope for the best..
You put all the time in.....you will be rewarded.....NO STRESS!

Shady

Shady

Chillin' in the Shade...
Supporter
Yeah... Let that girl continue with the flush and do her thing... You'll have plenty of time to experiment in subsequent rounds brah! :cool

S

Sense I. Milla

Yeah... Let that girl continue with the flush and do her thing... You'll have plenty of time to experiment in subsequent rounds brah! :cool

For sure man, I hope so!

Thanks again bro.

S

Sense I. Milla

Small girl macro and micro up

Just some pics I took to share.

These pics are of the Small macro and micro.:talking

DSCN1716
DSCN1717
DSCN1718
S

Sense I. Milla

Big Girl's Clear trichs

Here's some pics I just took of the big girl's premature trichs.

DSCN1719
DSCN1722
Shady

Shady

Chillin' in the Shade...
Supporter
I gotta figure out how you mount the scope to your camera... :thinking Make sure you look at several diff locations to get an average assessment of the trichome maturity. Also just cuz the stem of the trich may be clear, a cloudy head can indicate maturity and it appears that you may have broken off some heads when scoping them out... :itwasntme

F

frostedlove

LOOKing good bro! Stoked on your micro......ITs sooo cool to see that close to your plants. Almost like a whole nother world.....huh

good job dude

S

Sense I. Milla

magnification.....

I gotta figure out how you mount the scope to your camera... :thinking Make sure you look at several diff locations to get an average assessment of the trichome maturity. Also just cuz the stem of the trich may be clear, a cloudy head can indicate maturity and it appears that you may have broken off some heads when scoping them out... :itwasntme

Thanks Shady, I'll check a few more locations and try and get some more pics up for you guys.

The way I got my micro shot was, I first cut a very little sample off (probably how the trich's heads broke off).

I stood my scope upright (so it's hands free), I took my digi cam, held it about 1-2" above my 60x scope and tried to take some shots w/ through the 60x scope's eyepiece.

I'm going to get some more micro pics up of both the girls later.

S

Sense I. Milla

LOOKing good bro! Stoked on your micro......ITs sooo cool to see that close to your plants. Almost like a whole nother world.....huh

good job dude

Thanks man!

The 60x mag. world is a jungle of trichs!

F

frostedlove

Hows the dryn coming bro?????? YOu smoked it all yet????? so temping just hanging there........LOL

S

Sense I. Milla

SG 3 week cure.

So the SG has been jarred and curing for 3 weeks now and WOW, I have to say she is pretty sweet! :inlove

I did the 'white ash' test on her and personally approved her:yes haha here check it out, I took some pics cause I have nothing better to do!

DSCN1736
DSCN1740
DSCN1741
DSCN1742

Latest posts

Top Bottom