• 168-196 = 0.66-0.77 g/w

Votes: 1 5.6%
  • 196+ grams = 0.77+ g/w

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
R

ReadySetGrowD9

Congrats on the harvest bro she looks great what was the wet weight???

RSGD9

S

Sense I. Milla

Reflections on the chop...

Congrats on the harvest! :harvest: I'm very surprised though.... Especially since we were just talking about harvesting in 7 days w/o a clearing agent...

I know what you mean. Shady, I'll admit I did get a little excited to harvest today. In my defense, I have a more intense than usual week ahead of me. And today being my day off, it made it extremely convenient to tackle the chop and trim today.

Just cuz the runoff was low doesn't mean that nutrients aren't stored in the leaves and buds.

You're right, I'm not sure about how much excess nutes were stored in her leaves and buds. All I can say is that I would of definitely liked to have seen more yellowing in her fan leaves, that's for sure.

Hairs shouldn't be a determining factor... I'm just sayin' when you think you are ready to harvest wait a couple days and look again...

I agree that hairs aren't the best determining factor of when to harvest, but I've read it can give you a rough estimate of when to harvest. Her hairs were ~99% orange and I made the an assumption based on that.

IMO, that cola would have put on more weight, and the plant would have properly flushed the chemicals...

I'm not sure how much more weigh she would of packed on and I guess I won't know. And I'm sure I gave her a pretty good flush (at least 7 days, including today, of about 1 gal/day of water). BUT If I jumped the gun on the Small Girl it's too late now and I'll find out if the smoke is harsh from excess nutes soon enough.

I guess I thought both plants had 7 days of flushing to go. I'm just sayin' when you think you are ready to harvest wait a couple days and look again...

My big girl's got a good two weeks to go, and I plan on really flushing her good. I plan on nailing the peak harvest on the big girl via a 60x scope and a really solid flush.

Thanks Shady for keeping me up to the Thc Farm's high standards :), your the man!

-Sense:talking

Shady

Shady

Chillin' in the Shade...
Supporter
No worries bud... Just giving you a hard time. Before you know it, your room will be filled with tons of plants and you'll be looking forward to an automated system. Also, you can always do a nice and slow cure to bring out the flavor if needed. Some strains seem to do well with a short cure while most seem to benefit from at least a 3 week cure... :mmm

S

Sense I. Milla

Clones?

Very Nice. Congrats on your harvest. It always feels good to see the fruits of your labor. I hope the smoke will be great for you.

Just out of curiousity, did you take any clones?

Thx Froggy, harvesting is the best part of the entire grow! :yes

No, I didn't take any, because I don't have my veg room set up (yet).

Next round I want to go SOG, so I'll definitely be needing to expand and take some cuttings.

And I want to bloom under more wattage, so I'll be needing a new light as well w/ ventilation to match.

I want to go for w/ a sealed room system, so that'll be a nice project.

I'm going to start working on the new setup as soon as the Big Girl finishes. I think I'll also start a new thread, in the grow room design section, as soon as I start my build.

Thx again for the show of support froggy.

S

Sense I. Milla

You da mayn!

No worries bud... Just giving you a hard time. Before you know it, your room will be filled with tons of plants and you'll be looking forward to an automated system. Also, you can always do a nice and slow cure to bring out the flavor if needed. Some strains seem to do well with a short cure while most seem to benefit from at least a 3 week cure... :mmm

I know man:), you're just making sure I do things right, which is why I joined this site in the first place, to do things right.

I'm planning on a step up to perpetual growing w/ a fully automated hydro system next round, for sure. I just need get it done within an affordable range. Still not sure on all the specs., but in general it should look like:

-bloom room: sealed room, 400w hps w/ proper vent sys., ebb'flow w/ 3'x3' tray
-veg. room: 150w hps (that I'm using now), Bubble bucket for mom and rapid rooters w/ humidity dome for clones. I know hps isn't the best for veg., but it's what I got and I need this to stay somewhat affordable.

I need do this upgrade for under $200 (I know it isn't much), so any product suggestions to keep me within my $ range would be a huge help.

And I got my jars lined up and ready for curing, OH YEAH! The top cola will definitely get a 3 wk cure, but I can't guarantee the popcorn will make it that long:joint:.

Thx again for checkin in Shady.

M

MediMary

do you have the 400 yet? is that included in the 200.00$ upgrade budget?

S

Sense I. Milla

YA dude!

AWESOME BRO!!!! she looks like shes gunna give u some DANK for sure

RSGD9

I'll post some pics of all the trimmed buds w/ a lighter for a reference on their size.

They're some pretty solid nugs, you'll just have to take my word on the density.

I'll also get a dried weight for you guys, but I'm not going to weigh them wet. My educated guess on the dried weight is about 2 zips w/ all the popcorn.:smoke

S

Sense I. Milla

Unrealistic price range...

do you have the 400 yet? is that included in the 200.00$ upgrade budget?

I do not have a 400w, but I'm really counting on cragslist for that.

I know the light and nutes are going to be at least $200, so the ebb 'n flow and bubble bucket hydro will be a DIY.

I know my $200 range is somewhat unrealistic, but I'm confident I will make it happen.

M

MediMary

well if you cant find on craigslist,

would leave you some cash to do bubbler setup in 5 gallon buckets, which you could make into a recirculating system when you have more money

F

frostedlove

I do not have a 400w, but I'm really counting on cragslist for that.

I know the light and nutes are going to be at least $200, so the ebb 'n flow and bubble bucket hydro will be a DIY.

I know my $200 range is somewhat unrealistic, but I'm confident I will make it happen.

You can find good deals on craigslist.......not sure where you are but in the bay area there are farmers everywhere I got my 600w for a hundy-bulb/hood/ and everything

try budtrader too. Not sure if you guys know about that as well. Never bought any gear off there but I seen it forsale....

happy diy hunting-----I never or almost NEVER buy new.

why pay retail

S

Sense I. Milla

Grow room brainstorm....

well if you cant find on craigslist,

would leave you some cash to do bubbler setup in 5 gallon buckets, which you could make into a recirculating system when you have more money

Thanks Medi! That's a sweet deal if I ever saw one!

(1)400w hps w/ reflector, hps bulb, digital ballast for $160 and a 1 year warrantee, I might just get that. I think I'm gonna shop around first before I make any moves. :cash

The lamp will probably be the last thing I end up getting honestly. I'll need to build out my two closets first, and get them properly sealed off w/ ventilation. I plan on sealing them w/ a heavy duty plastic, that you can get at any hydro shop, and cut holes out for my intake/exhaust and attach a zipper. *And use a little bit of duck tape too:).

Then I want to start on my DIY ebb'nflow w/ tray, res. and pump w/ timer worked out and then the Mom's bubble bucket.

Lastly, I'll hang the lights and test the temps/RH inside my rooms.:whew

Once all that's worked out, it's on!:smoke

Now if only I had some killer genetics...Oh yeah, someone;) did offer me some beans not to long ago :mail, and I'm might just take him up on that offer when I'm ready to pop 'em.

If you read some of my first posts on this thread, I really wanted to do all of the above (or some variation) for this round, but I'm glad a went for a more basic, smaller grow to just get a 2nd round under my belt. It was a real confidence booster! :talking

PS: Thx frostedlove, I really need to get this done as inexpensively but efficiently as possible. Basically just be smart about what I need to buy and DIY as much as possible.

S

Sense I. Milla

Big Girl Day 55!

Just gave her a good 1 gal flush...

She's been putting on weight and smells sweet like citrus w/ a sour after scent.:thinking

Here's some pics of her progress...

DSCN1660
DSCN1682
DSCN1684
DSCN1672
DSCN1678
DSCN1679
Shady

Shady

Chillin' in the Shade...
Supporter
Looking good bud! Seems like the big girl is throwing out lots of new pistils up top... Watch for signs of foxtailing if flushing too long in hydro for certain strains... In my experience the new pistils are the first sign... Oh yeah and check those trichs! :smirk

S

Sense I. Milla

Foxtailing?

Looking good bud! Seems like the big girl is throwing out lots of new pistils up top... Watch for signs of foxtailing if flushing too long in hydro for certain strains... In my experience the new pistils are the first sign... Oh yeah and check those trichs! :smirk

What's foxtailing Shady?

I'm guessing its when your top has starts shooting up new white pistils and the rest of the cola has mature, orange pistils (looks like a fox's tail). Is this a bad sign? Should I hit her w/ some nutes?

I've flushed her w/ about a gal water and 2 mL of molasses 2 times this week... I'm thinking she could go at least another week before harvest.

I went to get the scope on Mon. and the store was out of stock... So I'm gonna get on it today.

Thx again man, I appreciate the help.

R

ReadySetGrowD9

foxtailing isnt good or bad its just they way it starts to grow either from heat stess late in flower or like shady said to long of a flush IMO foxtail plants look pretty kool lol

RSGD9

Shady

Shady

Chillin' in the Shade...
Supporter
Yeah it's not bad on certain strains, but if pushed too long the nice tight bud structure of the cola starts to grow away from the cola outwards... Then you'll see a string of calyxes instead of a cluster start to pull away like a bushy foxtail... :itwasntme

Top Bottom