Diary of a Know Nothing Newbie

• Thread starter Kopper1013
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
SmokinJo421

SmokinJo421

In the 1st pic that plastic is around the perimeter and the whole depth of the 3 gallon. Done during transplant.
Last pic is more current & plastic is staked and interwoven with bamboo for support.
Only $20.00usd at most local hardware stores

sambapati

sambapati

Well I guess it’s been awhile since I updated, thought I posted I had abandoned LST as I didn’t like the way they were leaning and uprighted the girls on 6/27/22…
They’ve only been getting cal-mag and water since their re-potting on Father’s Day weekend
What do y’all think?
Should I be doing something more?
View attachment 1259617View attachment 1259618View attachment 1259619View attachment 1259620View attachment 1259621
View attachment 1259622
Top and train -- strip down and haircut. If you can get some organic alfalfa sprouts plant them on top. Are you covering them 100% from ambient light at night? Note to self: Water slowly that is a lot of earth. Got a piece of advice that may put things into some perspective

Sinead O'Connor / Willie Nelson - Don't Give Up - YouTube​

https://www.youtube.com › watch

7:22

This Spadecaller Video features the artwork of Matthew Schwartz and Peter Gabriel's song, Don't Give Up, performed by Willie Nelson and ...
YouTube · Spadecaller · Oct 22, 2555 BE

K

Kopper1013

I’ll look into cages

I topped about a week ago I think
I haven’t been covering at night as we shouldn’t even be close to flowering yet when we are they’ll be moved away from any potential light source
Definitely working on the slow water but will try to be more diligent

SmokinJo421

SmokinJo421

Kopper
I wanted to let you knw that during your day time/or when lights are on you want the lady's to see as much of the sun/light as possible.
And consider a source of Co2.
That spot you have in back is great 4 night time but no the day.
Alot of extra work moving em every day 2 times.
I'm goin thru the same shit brother
Unfortunately

K

Kopper1013

Who dosent like Willie! Good song

The lady’s are currently getting as much sunlight as they can (sunrise to sunset) on my patio. They won’t go out back till they start flowering and even then they may stay put until I need to start worrying about mold and what note

How much light dose it take to affect them negatively? Right now they do see my kitchen light all night but that’s at most a 25W LED

Oldchucky

Oldchucky

Supporter
What I would worry about with the light, Is that moths Are attracted to it, get together and do the hanky-panky thing, and eventually look for the nearest plant to Lay eggs on. Any light makes me pest Nervous.

SmokinJo421

SmokinJo421

Who dosent like Willie! Good song

The lady’s are currently getting as much sunlight as they can (sunrise to sunset) on my patio. They won’t go out back till they start flowering and even then they may stay put until I need to start worrying about mold and what note

How much light dose it take to affect them negatively? Right now they do see my kitchen light all night but that’s at most a 25W LED
Even a pinhole in a grow room can cause issues!! Once your flower starts do urself a favor and put in green bulbs in any light u feel mite reach the plants.
ALSO all bugs can eat a bag of dicks

K

Kopper1013

Update:

Everyone got a little haircut this morning to get the leaves up to around 8” above or away from the pots.
I’ve been giving 2tsp of cal-mag per 5 gal of water every feeding up till today. Today I up’d to 3tsp and will probably keep using over the next 3 weeks till I get to 1:1 ratio provided they show no Ill effects.
Still haven’t fed them since their transplant on Father’s Day, in 25gallon of FFOF, still good or should I be thinking about something soon?
I noticed today my sons apple tree had a MASSIVE aphid infestation 🤦🏻‍♂️🤦🏻‍♂️ Gave a close look and found a few on the girls so their scheduled for a neem oil dowsing tonight after sun set. Do have some helpful lady’s on my side though😍
F3395612 F909 4CD3 842A 5BB3F726EA10
E8BAB047 19F8 479E A6D8 906879E9A39D
DC2350AF A496 4FBB 8928 83112BEBFFAF
83F4AFEF 92B0 4076 810D 5A60A172CA97
002B8F11 7DD0 4D88 B054 40A6CF5002E3
A0D0C370 522B 42A6 8C71 1FDD7C2A0489
F4FDDCA7 2137 4070 86C3 E4C0DD425443

SmokinJo421

SmokinJo421

Beautiful bro!! They getting big too.
Your gonna need a few things 5 to be exact.
Dr woods :
Castile peppermint
Castile tea tree,
%3 hydrogen peroxide
%70 isopropyl alch
Distilled water
1. 1st you need to dilute the peroxide
From %3 -%1. 2parts water/ 1part peroxide. Equal parts
This Ratio is for 64oz of spray
1/4 cup each of both Castille soaps
1 cup %70 alcohol
1tbsp %1 hydrogen peroxide
If using 32oz cut in half
Works for bugs & mildew
Sourced from YouTube
Titled "kill spidermites & aphids dead"

K

Kopper1013

Beautiful bro!! They getting big too.
Your gonna need a few things 5 to be exact.
Dr woods :
Castile peppermint
Castile tea tree,
%3 hydrogen peroxide
%70 isopropyl alch
Distilled water
1. 1st you need to dilute the peroxide
From %3 -%1. 2parts water/ 1part peroxide. Equal parts
This Ratio is for 64oz of spray
1/4 cup each of both Castille soaps
1 cup %70 alcohol
1tbsp %1 hydrogen peroxide
If using 32oz cut in half
Works for bugs & mildew
Sourced from YouTube
Titled "kill spidermites & aphids dead"
I saw this video and bought all the stuff👍👍 was a good one, I just went with the Neem oil cause it was quick and I used ALOT to spray these girls and was lazy, didn’t wanna mix a bunch up. Definitely holding that card in my back pocket. I didn’t get the doctor woods brand though so hopefully it still works ok

K

Kopper1013

Update:
Girls are growing every day👍👍 still fighting these holes/burns so far they’ve been treated twice with neem oil and once with BT can’t see any signs of a bug infestation not sure what else to try🤷🏼‍♂️
Everyone got a defoliation today hopefully nothing to crazy I definitely didn’t get nearly as intense as that guy everyone uses as a reference
While I was trimming my biggest plant (Grandaddy purple) I noticed a few of her leaves showed a Deficiency or access of something….
So far since Father’s Day they only got a half feeding of fox farm grow big last weekend but I have been working my cal-mag up to a full strength (1tsp per gallon) feeding.
Thoughts?
I was guessing nitrogen deficiency as it’s on the big old fan leaves and at the lower portion of the plant the smaller leaf in picture below was from farther up the plant…
090E4329 C541 41DA A7A6 E83F4AF4F8BB
4E7944EE 0F5A 4968 9259 C867EEDE29D5
2BEE83B3 7612 4786 952B 70BA34A600AF
0902255F 71A7 4D23 8A22 20EAE4E6A1A6
E47ED38E A55D 46F5 8207 6F4FA77CE484
838D2605 8903 4C44 89C4 806E2F7ACA0E
26C7E2B6 6613 48DF A358 B1540F71AD8E
26A07775 4F08 4CD8 8E6C B820A2936DE2

SmokinJo421

SmokinJo421

Update:
Girls are growing every day👍👍 still fighting these holes/burns so far they’ve been treated twice with neem oil and once with BT can’t see any signs of a bug infestation not sure what else to try🤷🏼‍♂️
Everyone got a defoliation today hopefully nothing to crazy I definitely didn’t get nearly as intense as that guy everyone uses as a reference
While I was trimming my biggest plant (Grandaddy purple) I noticed a few of her leaves showed a Deficiency or access of something….
So far since Father’s Day they only got a half feeding of fox farm grow big last weekend but I have been working my cal-mag up to a full strength (1tsp per gallon) feeding.
Thoughts?
I was guessing nitrogen deficiency as it’s on the big old fan leaves and at the lower portion of the plant the smaller leaf in picture below was from farther up the plant…
View attachment 1264542View attachment 1264543View attachment 1264544View attachment 1264545View attachment 1264546View attachment 1264547View attachment 1264548View attachment 1264549
Holy shit brus!!
Them bitches turned into sum fucking TREEEES!! LOOKS LIKE U HAVE SUM STRONG GENES TOO!! What are you feeding them?

SmokinJo421

SmokinJo421

So what I did was screw a bunch of screws all around the pallets and used twist tie to lst and open the plants up!!
I wish I had that rapid growth. U must have them in total sum ALL day long??!!!??
And on that black top too soaking up.that sun!
Any bug issues?

K

Kopper1013

They’re in direct sun from 8am till about 8pm right now only thing I fed was fox farms grow big about a tablespoon last weekend other than that cal-mag every watering and whatever is in the FFOF. As they sit the pallets and all they’re coming up on 7’.
I had aphids last weekend not too many but sprayed with neem and one plant I saw two inch worm looking guys so I sprayed everything with BT Thursday.

SmokinJo421

SmokinJo421

Sry I didn't read the whole msg
If you do the training I recommend using the green landscape tape.! You'll get alot more growth if you do it. And REALLY consider starting a complete nutrient plan!
That leaf is lookin like the plants askin 4 nitrogen? Did u evr get the. " Superthrive "?
There's a few company's I can also recommend that I've used with great results.
Keep in mind I ALWAYS add "Snow Storm Ultra " (I will not grow without it)
You have to look at this company's products
"4nutes" (I'm going to try my ass off touse the "hulk bulk" this year. It always sold out t) Crazy crazy products

:Lotus (dry)- i nvr used it looks great 4 organic grow
:Fox farms- Kool but alot of salts & easy to over do it
:Recipe for Success-good results & comes with sum cloning stuff too!
:ROOTS ORGANIC/SOUL SYNTHETICS master plan-Amazing results expensive af & a shit ton of bottles. (Just cause the bottle says organic dnt mean it's organic either)
:Humboldt County's Own -using the whole line r n & like what I see so far!
:Humboldts Secret-never used it but looks pretty nice
:Foop-never used but also looks REALLY nice & specific for cannabis!!!
These company's ALL have complete trial packages & should do what u need at 1mil per gallon. Co inside with calendar starting on the 1zt of August & everything will be rite on schedule for the feeding schedule.
I can't wait to see them hoes in full bloom.
Did u ever work out where ur gonna flower at?

SmokinJo421

SmokinJo421

YouTube video titled
"Kill spidermites & aphids dead"
Channel is :
Liquidirt llc
Consider a foliar program broski
Cal mag 1 day
Snow storm 1 day
Bug recipe 1 day
Always use distilled water too on foliar
Not gonna cause damage directly I believe dude explained why to use distilled.
My plants love that ahit too. I see it with in 10 min.
Also if you have "pure neem"? You mite want to consider watering the plant with it & wat h how they get a shiny protective coating on the leaves. Nows the time too as a watering/feeding schedule should be starting Aug 1st. Are you not wanting to use liquid nutes or just apprehensive on using them?

SmokinJo421

SmokinJo421

Kopper I bet you'll have issues with the plants holding up the weight they're about to be producing. Maybe bigger pallets with some kind of structure fixed to it to fasten some pvc, green metal posts in garden section hardware store, something to at least fasten a trellis or netting as a way to hold the weight & trick the plant to make more weight!!😇
They stop producing when the branches start bending

K

Kopper1013

I haven’t used any nutrients yet really cause a lot of people here say fox farm ocean forest has everything you’ll need for a full grow. But now my biggest plant is showing what I believe to be nitrogen deficiency….
I already bought Fox Farm Grow big, tiger bloom and big bloom so was hoping to use that to get through this grow (fair amount of money to not use)

I’m gonna start flower hopefully where they are and when they start to get big move out back to under the canopy/make shift green house (they’ll get less sun but be able to stay dryer and less possible light contamination)

I plan to steak bamboo garden steaks around them and run garden twine to support any branches In need or get something like that, think I still got a while for veg though….🤷🏼‍♂️🤷🏼‍♂️

Not sure if I have “pure neem” but I’ll check

SmokinJo421

SmokinJo421

They’re in direct sun from 8am till about 8pm right now only thing I fed was fox farms grow big about a tablespoon last weekend other than that cal-mag every watering and whatever is in the FFOF. As they sit the pallets and all they’re coming up on 7’.
I had aphids last weekend not too many but sprayed with neem and one plant I saw two inch worm looking guys so I sprayed everything with BT Thursday.

I haven’t used any nutrients yet really cause a lot of people here say fox farm ocean forest has everything you’ll need for a full grow. But now my biggest plant is showing what I believe to be nitrogen deficiency….
I already bought Fox Farm Grow big, tiger bloom and big bloom so was hoping to use that to get through this grow (fair amount of money to not use)

I’m gonna start flower hopefully where they are and when they start to get big move out back to under the canopy/make shift green house (they’ll get less sun but be able to stay dryer and less possible light contamination)

I plan to steak bamboo garden steaks around them and run garden twine to support any branches In need or get something like that, think I still got a while for veg though….🤷🏼‍♂️🤷🏼‍♂️

Not sure if I have “pure neem” but I’ll check
Foxfarm is alright if that's what you have.
Definitely want to follow their schedule.
I personally felt like they were lacking.
Now if you see ALL their stuff they have alot of newer products to address what was missing. More bottles & more plastic waste.
I try to buy in bulk to save a lil & less plastic waste.
By chance have you looked at the different nutrient lines & their feeding schedule?
You def dnt want your plants looking for food. Bettr to be keeping them full.
I liked the roots master program the best but it had what the plant needed at the different times of growth.
If you look at foxfarm trial kit it's ALOT of bottles as well.
Really personal preference & availability
$$ too!! The best advice I can give you before this last crucial month of veg is to follow a complete schedule.
I can hlp u balance the schedule if that's a concern? Lmk bro
Oh and also even in flower u want AS MUCH LIGHT AS POSSIBLE during the day.
Green Light bulbs & u mite want to think about stabbing the shit outta the rootballs w the bamboo too.
My design isn't ready to end pictured yet, but aftr the 1st of the mnth I'll be able to physically show you what I'm doing to carry the weight of the branches in flower.
By the looks of the stru ture of a kupl of yours you'll have s big ol nuggz!!
Dnt worry about no light contamination brus, these plants are weeds.
The more sun they soak up the bigger the bud. 9ne reason I suggested watering with the neem if you have the rite 1?

Top Bottom