Did I 'wet' The Wrong Info?

• Thread starter 420 lyfePpP
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
420 lyfePpP

420 lyfePpP

Recently I was told information on a BHO process to use and if I have learned anything new it's this site has Grrrrrreat info available on tap . So here's my dilemma. I was told u can gain on yields when making shatter if you use wet buds. NEVER!Have I heard this before and I run frequently for my own PERSONAL meds . Can't afford to lose nothing to dis-information. Thanks . PpP peace

puprilla

puprilla

Id say not true since when u blow bho u are pretty much melting ur trichomes or i guess freezing them into ur catch pan, how could they weight more if the buds dont contain more trichomes when curing bud trichomes dont just dry up and go away

420 lyfePpP

420 lyfePpP

Thanks for NOT being confused! Really didn't think it was right. Common sense prevailed Maybe still a lil wet behind the ears.

420 lyfePpP

420 lyfePpP

I tried out the bud I was curing and from 12g I got 3.8g and tasty as it smells ☺ glad I listened and glad for tane!

CBDEMON

CBDEMON

like dabbie was saying you can definitely use wet material, but you have to freeze it asap. It's called fresh frozen or "live resin" aka a b.s. fluff marketing term that makes you think it was specially processed. Don't know if FF BHO would yield more but it does retain lots of terps that aren't lost to the evaporation of the flowers volitile organic compounds (I'm talking flavor carrying compounds) during the dry/cure

420 lyfePpP

420 lyfePpP

like dabbie was saying you can definitely use wet material, but you have to freeze it asap. It's called fresh frozen or "live resin" aka a b.s. fluff marketing term that makes you think it was specially processed. Don't know if FF BHO would yield more but it does retain lots of terps that aren't lost to the evaporation of the flowers volitile organic compounds (I'm talking flavor carrying compounds) during the dry/cure
Was checking out solventless extract and dry ice . I use low heat and was told it decarboxilates . This was cool lesson much appreciated PpP will dab to that!

urban1026835

urban1026835

I have had tubes blow using material that was too wet! I figured that the exces moisture froze and created a blockage because that tube made a mess that took a whole lot of alcohol to clean up, not to mention the wasted trim and bho.

420 lyfePpP

420 lyfePpP

I have had tubes blow using material that was too wet! I figured that the exces moisture froze and created a blockage because that tube made a mess that took a whole lot of alcohol to clean up, not to mention the wasted trim and bho.
Thanks man. Thanks. Was always told dry . Drier the better. And my friend was the one who gave me my first and does monster runs super stable and tasty. Watched first hand many times. My lab☺ I'm using dry .my hand and I must think if everyone around me also. Stay green PpP

growGen

growGen

Did a recent "bud/live resin" BHO run in a state approved closed loop system and vac oven setup. I usually yield 12-15% from dry trim. My mentor's highest yield from wet frozen buds was 29% of wet weight. Outrageous.
Amazed by this I gave it a try. Picked buds and rough trimmed fans and froze overnight, transported to facility (thawed en route), froze again for several hours until my products time slot.
990g wet weight yielded only 19g finished product. 2%! Seemed to leave a thin residue all over the parchment and has a grainy, soft, wet texture, not so sticky to the touch. Dark in color with a chlorophyll flavor. Not my usual light amber color and cookie texture.
I hear the proper freeze time is around 45-60min. Perhaps the extensive freezing caused chlorophyll pick up and exploded the trichromes, affecting quality and quantity.
very sad day indeed.
any thoughts on proper technique?

420 lyfePpP

420 lyfePpP

Did a recent "bud/live resin" BHO run in a state approved closed loop system and vac oven setup. I usually yield 12-15% from dry trim. My mentor's highest yield from wet frozen buds was 29% of wet weight. Outrageous.
Amazed by this I gave it a try. Picked buds and rough trimmed fans and froze overnight, transported to facility (thawed en route), froze again for several hours until my products time slot.
990g wet weight yielded only 19g finished product. 2%! Seemed to leave a thin residue all over the parchment and has a grainy, soft, wet texture, not so sticky to the touch. Dark in color with a chlorophyll flavor. Not my usual light amber color and cookie texture.
I hear the proper freeze time is around 45-60min. Perhaps the extensive freezing caused chlorophyll pick up and exploded the trichromes, affecting quality and quantity.
very sad day indeed.
any thoughts on proper technique?
Heard of commercial operations and others on site and YouTube using dry ice or ever clear. Man 2% . I've found that it all depends on how much trichlone content and maturity. Still a lil green behind the ears ☺ and wish I had the answers. But this sites great and very helpful . HaPpPy growing .

420 lyfePpP

420 lyfePpP

Possibly the thaw -refereeze . I seen a YouTube video and he had all his trim in with dry ice right up till go time .

happylittle

happylittle

transported to facility (thawed en route), froze again for several hours
this is what caused the horribly low yield. The thaw more than likely caused water to cover the crystals and trap them.
Thoose that i know do live resin will sometimes pack the material in the extractor prior to freezing. If thats not possible just make sure to not let it thaw

420 lyfePpP

420 lyfePpP

When I first asked question on topic I learned of the thawing . If that is the case I guess it would be better off with a metal extractor tube

Bongblower

Bongblower

Two major problems in your situation...refrozen material and increased butane polarity. You need a closed loop system to do it properly.

Bongblower

Bongblower

And a co2 purge of tube after fresh material is added then freeze...That will trap water inside of plant tissue thus keeping it from frosting over and prevent the butane from absorbing water turning it polar and less effective.

Bongblower

Bongblower

I make these systems custom and a hell of alot cheaper then the big guys if your interested.

Graywolf

Graywolf

Recently I was told information on a BHO process to use and if I have learned anything new it's this site has Grrrrrreat info available on tap . So here's my dilemma. I was told u can gain on yields when making shatter if you use wet buds. NEVER!Have I heard this before and I run frequently for my own PERSONAL meds . Can't afford to lose nothing to dis-information. Thanks . PpP peace

Define wet buds? Fresh cut, fresh cut with water on it, or cured bud with water on it??

I recommend against the last two, as it just adds water to the process and if your process calls for also freezing it, the ice will coat and shield the trichomes from the solvent.

Frozen dry fresh cut bud makes a killer speedy aromatic and tasty extract, but it typically produces a lower yield, though if you adjust the math to consider the weight of the water in the wet equation, it is closer to the same percentage.

Top Bottom