Dinafem Og Auto Grow.

• Thread starter Midwestjay
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
RastaZombie

RastaZombie

Thanks brudah
Ok so this may sound crazy and it may not work. Its just an idea and a possible first hydro grow/project for me.
So the Ideology: ive heard a decent amount of growers cannabis and non cannabis growers say more roots more fruits. If you grasp this concept then this hunger games may commence.
I was thinking if it would be possible for a 6 plant harvest/flower what ever the proper term is for the flower/photoperiod, IN 65 gal res drums. The idea i was thinking is that the roots can stretch from here to hell and back,enough air flow,water flow, the whole 9. I would use/create a few clone like misters that would be suctioncupped to the upper half of the barrell creating that feeding buffer and not drying out the the roots closest to the stalk i guess. Then the bottom half would be your average flow connection to the other drums.
Idea behind it is the water/nutes are contstantly moving with oxygen infused, along with the sprayer hoping to create a relationship where the roots get massive from the top half where its sprayed and then stretch as usual but in more so a bush down into the rest of the res. I would hope that this could easily lead to a person of experience/non experience pulling if not a unit min per plant. Now i know this idea is super rusty but its just a start and im sure i am missing a lot. Help thoughts ideas are all appreciated.
Ready set grow.

RastaZombie

RastaZombie

thanks dude. next run will be better.. gotta start somewhere! I would love to meet the man that got it right the first time, lol
What if he even thought i have to do something better something isnt right. Just a thought one mans failed idea is another mans golden ticket.....and the world keeps one doing what ever it does.

RastaZombie

RastaZombie

My system:

Top Feed Drip Unregulated.
#3 Pots w/clay pellets sitting in a flood table all draining into a Res.

This is a pic of them @ 2 weeks into VEG
Clean set up. Mmmhmmm i see you fam. Pulled up my chair and popcorn last night and been reading this thread, mhhmm this thread is good shit forgets toast in the toaster 6 hrs later.seems legit just crunchy. Cant wait to get a hydro grow going. You guys rock. Thanks for spreading the good knowledge
For knowldege not spread is considered useless to whom it may never be shared to.

Midwestjay

Midwestjay

Ok so this may sound crazy and it may not work. Its just an idea and a possible first hydro grow/project for me.
So the Ideology: ive heard a decent amount of growers cannabis and non cannabis growers say more roots more fruits. If you grasp this concept then this hunger games may commence.
I was thinking if it would be possible for a 6 plant harvest/flower what ever the proper term is for the flower/photoperiod, IN 65 gal res drums. The idea i was thinking is that the roots can stretch from here to hell and back,enough air flow,water flow, the whole 9. I would use/create a few clone like misters that would be suctioncupped to the upper half of the barrell creating that feeding buffer and not drying out the the roots closest to the stalk i guess. Then the bottom half would be your average flow connection to the other drums.
Idea behind it is the water/nutes are contstantly moving with oxygen infused, along with the sprayer hoping to create a relationship where the roots get massive from the top half where its sprayed and then stretch as usual but in more so a bush down into the rest of the res. I would hope that this could easily lead to a person of experience/non experience pulling if not a unit min per plant. Now i know this idea is super rusty but its just a start and im sure i am missing a lot. Help thoughts ideas are all appreciated.
Ready set grow.
Honestly I've only seen one guy running plant buckets that big. He was scrogging and vegging a very long time and pulling 1.5-2lbs a plant. But with those veg times he was doing about 1 grow per year. For average plants/ normal grow times you wouldn't need any bigger than the 10gal I'm running now. At least for root room. It gets wasteful when it comes to water and nutes. Honestly you really don't need a bigger plant bucket than a 5 gal until flower. Once they start drinking over a gallon a day is when I like to have something bigger. My biggest plants would completely fill the 5gal but never acted root locked.

Midwestjay

Midwestjay

Here's the system I started with. It was 6 site aero/dwc system. Had a 5gal res with the pump.
Received 1243954922295405
Received 1243955012295396
Received 1243955052295392
Received 1243954972295400
Received 1243955065628724

RastaZombie

RastaZombie

Sheet what about running this set up them for an outdoor harvest. You got you long veg time and flower time. Natural sun as well as id bury em in the ground. And 1.5 -2 lbs per plant is what eyes be looking for to accomplish. But then what about a single room like that although once a year or maye twice but lets say 12 buckets in a room properly trained? Would that be feasible.

RastaZombie

RastaZombie

I like that system i would like to try it sooner than later but does that also mean i have to switch nutes entirely or just certain things example. I run a ful H&G line up with a few extra things here and there so i would mainly need to switch out the cocoA&B for Hydro or would it need more or different stuff at this pojnt with this system. As well as do i buy a hydro system or make one? im telling you im going to end up flooding my house and falling through the floor on a sunday Morning smoke sesh on the toilet.

RastaZombie

RastaZombie

I gotta Qwerstion? I know time has passed there fore things have been much more perfected since its begining as an autoflower plant. How is the smoke growth potency yield etc compared to regualar and fem seeds. Is it tricky to run an auto when it comes to feeding or is it as simple as its name. If so what strain would you recommend

Midwestjay

Midwestjay

Sheet what about running this set up them for an outdoor harvest. You got you long veg time and flower time. Natural sun as well as id bury em in the ground. And 1.5 -2 lbs per plant is what eyes be looking for to accomplish. But then what about a single room like that although once a year or maye twice but lets say 12 buckets in a room properly trained? Would that be feasible.
I've never really seen dwc done outdoors. But long as you ran hydroguard and could keep res temps in check I think you would be fine.

As far as 12 sites inside. It would have to be a big room. And I'd run at least 3 600w hps in flower. My rule of thumb for dwc is no more than 4 plants in a 4x4 area. That being said the guy that was pulling 1.5 lbs+ was 1 plant per 4x4 scrog net. And I can easily fill a 4x4 with one plant that isn't scrogged.

It all depends on how long you veg. But with me mostly running autos I want about 8 sqft per plant minimum. Anything under that and things get too confined. But you want no less than 4 sqft/ .5 m2 imo. Some strains and short veg might break that rule but things can still get tight with that account of space

Midwestjay

Midwestjay

Those nugs are gonna make me cry. It will take me years to even get one plant like that bredda. Butttt is hydro more air/less dense or does that depend on indivisual growers methods?
Hydro grown properly is as dense or more dense than anything else. But depends on conditions and strain. Ask @Wisher619 He just grew Some granite buds in coco with his new led.

RastaZombie

RastaZombie

Im not too worries about space being i have a few rooms one has vaulted cielings and is atleast 12x20 if not more. I wasnt gonna try and throw 12 big 60 gals in a small axx childs play room. I gotchu fam. Thnx for the advice.

Midwestjay

Midwestjay

I gotta Qwerstion? I know time has passed there fore things have been much more perfected since its begining as an autoflower plant. How is the smoke growth potency yield etc compared to regualar and fem seeds. Is it tricky to run an auto when it comes to feeding or is it as simple as its name. If so what strain would you recommend
Man autos are as good or better than anything I can buy. But you can get better potency out of photos. I haven't grown every strain of autos so there may be some stronger than I've grown. But on average they are about the same. And in dwc I put Some of the bigger autos against about any photo strain gram for gram.

That being said I'm running some photos for some higher quality. But honestly for the speed and quality and yield you get with autos can't be beat imo. Only a dialed in perpetual grow will produce more. Just ask @Grow4me she's harvested like 9 autos in 6 months or something crazy like that. And she's in soil.

RastaZombie

RastaZombie

Hydro grown properly is as dense or more dense than anything else. But depends on conditions and strain. Ask @Wisher619 He just grew Some granite buds in coco with his new led.
Gotchya see this is the first year from my personal lnowing experience 1st hand seeing a hydro run and the buds were never big more so pokeball sized and id say a 4/10 on the dense scale but boooooooy i tell you what that is always had a nice taste color potency and most of all to me it just seemed like it was overall wicked good meds. Just not as dense as im use to smoking.

Midwestjay

Midwestjay

As far as difficulty autos really aren't that much harder. They can be a little more sensitive but are still really easy to grow. The thing with autos is it's kinda a race to flower. You want things to be as perfect as it can be because you're kinda on a timer. But honestly they are easy af.

RastaZombie

RastaZombie

Like dude would only pull maybe a lb off of 12 plants which to me id kck a troll in the face for that nonsense but they glistening with trichs and as i aaid before things were on point just not weight.
What we weighing my G air with stems attached ?

Midwestjay

Midwestjay

Gotchya see this is the first year from my personal lnowing experience 1st hand seeing a hydro run and the buds were never big more so pokeball sized and id say a 4/10 on the dense scale but boooooooy i tell you what that is always had a nice taste color potency and most of all to me it just seemed like it was overall wicked good meds. Just not as dense as im use to smoking.
Yea those weren't a good example. Dwc and hps produces the best imo as far as quality, yeild, and potency. Only thing I think soil wins on is flavor on Some strains. You can't get that really deep earthy flavor out of hydro.

RastaZombie

RastaZombie

Man autos are as good or better than anything I can buy. But you can get better potency out of photos. I haven't grown every strain of autos so there may be some stronger than I've grown. But on average they are about the same. And in dwc I put Some of the bigger autos against about any photo strain gram for gram.

That being said I'm running some photos for some higher quality. But honestly for the speed and quality and yield you get with autos can't be beat imo. Only a dialed in perpetual grow will produce more. Just ask @Grow4me she's harvested like 9 autos in 6 months or something crazy like that. And she's in soil.
You mean 9 harvest in 6 months off of auto. Im trying to pull a harvest every month even if its 1-2 lbs a month. Just want some consistency. 1 vegging everything two in flower plus they are big rooms so i could split have the room as in start one set on the 1st and the second set on the 15th being that they are relatively same time flower periods.

RastaZombie

RastaZombie

Yea those weren't a good example. Dwc and hps produces the best imo as far as quality, yeild, and potency. Only thing I think soil wins on is flavor on Some strains. You can't get that really deep earthy flavor out of hydro.
Aint no earth in hydro bro lol

Midwestjay

Midwestjay

Like dude would only pull maybe a lb off of 12 plants which to me id kck a troll in the face for that nonsense but they glistening with trichs and as i aaid before things were on point just not weight.
What we weighing my G air with stems attached ?
If I had 12 under proper light, from my experience I'd pull around 125g off each plant or more. I've been pulling 200-300g off one plant in a 2x4 on the last few.

Top Bottom