Dirtbags Do-over... 🤪 Back to Organic!

• Thread starter Dirtbag
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Dirtbag

Dirtbag

Supporter
Always with the ups and downs... lol

Upside is plants are looking fantastic. Very nice color and growing well.

Downside is i need to tweak this earth juice. Im gonna dump this res. Yesterday I ph'd it to 4.5 and it took a gawd awful amount of ph up to do it. Today its been 48 hrs and its at 4.2.. and i dont feel comfortable using anymore ph up.

Sooo... I think rainwater needs to be replaced with something stronger. Im thinking a 50/50 mix of well water from my inlaws and rainwater. Their well water is about 400ppm, but does very well in their greenhouse. I think if i drop it back to 200 I should get better buffering. The other thing im gonna do is leave out a couple things and just use grow and bloom, then supplement the catalyst and microblast on a different water only feed cycle. The combo of everything in rainwater is just too sour.

So.. I guess the plants will have to stay in their tiny homes for a few more days. No big deal.

Glassdub

Glassdub

Welcome back to organics! I used earth juice years ago but man that shit stinks no matter what you do. Heaven forbid you leave some nutrient solution in a jug unused for a day or two.
Ok, you lost me right there, was going to ask if this uses animal byproducts like most organics which is another deal breaker for me but this will do too, guess I'll stick to salts unless I opt to try NPK Industries stuff which is kinda pricey, just kicked in the RAW Microbes Grow today, I'll see if it makes an impression.

Dirtbag

Dirtbag

Supporter
Holy shit! what a difference a day makes. I actually left the res and figured id dump it today to make new stuff but i came in to find this this morning. Win! Fuck yeah... Transplant day today bitches!!

Perfect really because the little pots are going bone dry daily. They need a bigger abode....
20201108 115723
20201108 115805

Last edited:
Dirtbag

Dirtbag

Supporter
Also want to give a huge shoutout to the @Aqua Man for his incredibly kind donation of a pretty much complete C02 system to play with for this grow.

Ok guys... im officially excited to get this grow on.

So are the ladies! Here i have all the clones on the left from my unnamed buddy, and clones on the right from our buddy Kanzeon. Finally felt comfortable to bring the sky cuddler double kush down to the room. It had the worst thrips and was already in soil so i gave it an extra week of monitoring before putting it in with the rest.
20201108 121234

Glassdub

Glassdub

Holy shit! what a difference a day makes. I actually left the res and figured id dump it today to make new stuff but i came in to find this this morning. Win! Fuck yeah... Transplant day today bitches!!

Perfect really because the little pots are going bone dry daily. They need a bigger abode....View attachment 1053529View attachment 1053530
Didn't read the whole the whole thread, what is this witches brew?

Odiesel

Odiesel

Lol Its the Earth juice nutrient lineup. Aerated organic nutrient solution.

When i mixed it, it was 3.5ph, after 48 hrs it was only at 4.2, by today it shot uo to 6.4 and all that froth you see happened in about 12 hrs overnight.
Also i think your res temp might of played part in the slow rise. When i had mine going it was around 75 but still took a good 36 hours to start frothing up nice.

Odiesel

Odiesel

Perfect really because the little pots are going bone dry daily. They need a bigger abode....View attachment 1053529View attachment 1053530
you have a water pump and air stones in there?

Any links to a simple setup like this?

Odiesel

Odiesel

Yeah there is a water pump connected to an irrigation manifold and hose for handwatering, and an airstone in the bottom. This 20 gallon can holds just enough solution to water 16 x 5 gallon pots.
I totally missed the hand hose setup you had on there thats a nice addition. I'm just trying to get some ideas before my next run is started. I'm going to try to have smaller harvest every 2 weeks just pack the tent with small plants

Top Bottom