Dirtbags Do-over... 🤪 Back to Organic!

• Thread starter Dirtbag
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Dirtbag

Dirtbag

Supporter
I have to agree, ive smoked great and terrible examlles of both. Ive had really terrible examples of organic that were grown by folks who seemed to use everything but the kitchen sink in their soils.. But ive also had some that has exceeded anything ive tasted from a hydro garden, coming from the same experienced grower using the same strains.. I dont know much bout organic growing honestly, its never been my bag once i got past my first few grows using earth juice when I was 18 lol.
But it feels right to me. Who knows i might love it. I might hate it. We'll find out. 😜

Aqua Man

Aqua Man

I have to agree, ive smoked great and terrible examlles of both. Ive had really terrible examples of organic that were grown by folks who seemed to use everything but the kitchen sink in their soils.. But ive also had some that has exceeded anything ive tasted from a hydro garden, coming from the same experienced grower using the same strains.. I dont know much bout organic growing honestly, its never been my bag once i got past my first few grows using earth juice when I was 18 lol.
But it feels right to me. Who knows i might love it. I might hate it. We'll find out. 😜
I'm gonna go out on a limb here away from the science and say no matter which type of media, nutrients, VPD and all the scientific stuff.... growing the best weed possible is going have the largest impact based on how well we execute the type of grow we are doing. Even if organic has a tiny advantage in flavor (speculation) the best weed is going to come from growing in areas we are proficient in and can execute the best. So many things affect the production and concentration of compounds and cannabinoids that its simply not just grow organic and its better. So many synergistic effects that I truly feel the truth is that however we manage to grow the healthiest plants is the key and that can be different for everyone.

I'm stoked about this organic grow and I will be trying one in coco. I completely understand why @Dirtbag is going this route and 100% behind him on it. Some ppl see it as OCDADDirtbag lmao and maybe thats has some truth or maybe not.

I cant speak for him but for me (think for @Dirtbag atleast from what i see) is I kinda feeling like it's about the experience, learning, challenge and results in order to find where he is most proficient. Making himself a more complete grower, getting back in touch with nature and natural methods, back to a place he has not revisited with the amount of knowledge he now has compared to when he was here before to see if the results are different..... in short I guess learning, testing himself and a sense of simple, more harmonious, natural style grow.

I know I want to grow many different ways because of my curiosity and drive to learn about this plant.

Dirtbag

Dirtbag

Supporter
I'm gonna go out on a limb here away from the science and say no matter which type of media, nutrients, VPD and all the scientific stuff.... growing the best weed possible is going have the largest impact based on how well we execute the type of grow we are doing. Even if organic has a tiny advantage in flavor (speculation) the best weed is going to come from growing in areas we are proficient in and can execute the best. So many things affect the production and concentration of compounds and cannabinoids that its simply not just grow organic and its better. So many synergistic effects that I truly feel the truth is that however we manage to grow the healthiest plants is the key and that can be different for everyone.

I'm stoked about this organic grow and I will be trying one in coco. I completely understand why @Dirtbag is going this route and 100% behind him on it. Some ppl see it as OCDADDirtbag lmao and maybe thats has some truth or maybe not.

I cant speak for him but for me (think for @Dirtbag atleast from what i see) is I kinda feeling like it's about the experience, learning, challenge and results in order to find where he is most proficient. Making himself a more complete grower, getting back in touch with nature and natural methods, back to a place he has not revisited with the amount of knowledge he now has compared to when he was here before to see if the results are different..... in short I guess learning, testing himself and a sense of simple, more harmonious, natural style grow.

I know I want to grow many different ways because of my curiosity and drive to learn about this plant.

Hit the nail squarely on the head there bud.

Dr.Green55

Dr.Green55

completely agree, I grew in pretty much everything at one time or another, and the experience and knowledge gained I think makes me a more rounded grower All my outdoor veg. gardens are organic, if organics wasn't as much work to do it the way I want to everything would probably be organic.

Dirtbag

Dirtbag

Supporter
Gotta tells ya, this platinum cookies was never my absolute favourite strain to smoke although it is pretty good. Very smooth, tasty and a nice high. But im sure gonna miss it for its reliable production of dense frosty nugs...
20201115 134902

Odiesel

Odiesel

Kinda off topic question but i was going to hit up home depot in a bit so i could toss together a small drain table in my closet. The roofing panels that you use are they metal or plastic?

Dirtbag

Dirtbag

Supporter
Quick plant update, 1 week in their 3 gal pots as of today. Starting to noticably grow daily. Topped them today.
Had a power outage in the middle of the night and they were parked at 14c when i checked on them. Wont be surprised if i get a little purpling from it.
They also look like theyre almost ready for a full strength feed.
20201115 141110

Odiesel

Odiesel

Kinda off topic question but i was going to hit up home depot in a bit so i could toss together a small drain table in my closet. The roofing panels that you use are they metal or plastic?
Im seeing on line these that look similar to what yall have, they are made out of PVC

Odiesel

Odiesel

Quick plant update, 1 week in their 3 gal pots as of today. Starting to noticably grow daily. Topped them today.
Had a power outage in the middle of the night and they were parked at 14c when i checked on them. Wont be surprised if i get a little purpling from it.
They also look like theyre almost ready for a full strength feed.View attachment 1056388
wow those are only 3 gallon pots the clones make them look like 5s to me haha. They are looking great! That sucks about the power outage was it just local or something needs to be fixed with the electrical?

Dirtbag

Dirtbag

Supporter
wow those are only 3 gallon pots the clones make them look like 5s to me haha. They are looking great! That sucks about the power outage was it just local or something needs to be fixed with the electrical?

We get power outages here a LOT. Rural, overhead powerlines, and a lot of enormous trees. Usually a tree or limb down on a line or something. It was windy last night.

Odiesel

Odiesel

We get power outages here a LOT. Rural, overhead powerlines, and a lot of enormous trees. Usually a tree or limb down on a line or something. It was windy last night.
That blows i used to get power outages very often with just a touch of heavy wind in my neighborhood. Luckily around a year ago they replaced the transformer and it has been good ever since. That worried me quite a bit when i first started up growing again this year since i also live in the gulf so hurricanes are a pain, but i have been able to get by so far without any outages.

Also when you put the gutters on the setup do you just attach it at an angle to drain? Sorry for so many questions about the setup i just havent been able to find much online about how they are built.

Dirtbag

Dirtbag

Supporter
That blows i used to get power outages very often with just a touch of heavy wind in my neighborhood. Luckily around a year ago they replaced the transformer and it has been good ever since. That worried me quite a bit when i first started up growing again this year since i also live in the gulf so hurricanes are a pain, but i have been able to get by so far without any outages.

Also when you put the gutters on the setup do you just attach it at an angle to drain? Sorry for so many questions about the setup i just havent been able to find much online about how they are built.

No worries man, i dont mind at all. Yes i just screwed the gutter pieces to the end of the benches with enough slope that runoff drains quickly to one side. Into the runoff tote.

Fwiw the benches themselves are made from 1x6" pt decking boards. 2 of them side by side per bench. The plastic roofing and gutter material is screwed to that. Legs are just 2x8"s with 2x4"s on the bottom to widen the footprint to about 16".

Moshmen

Moshmen

I was in a major city 3 years ago and I bought a Starbucks coffee , I was just standing outside and some dude in a suit dropped a handful of change in my cup just as I paused from sipping it ,
My wife walked up to me and said you look scary ......
She made me shave and loose the camo jacket
Five o’clock shadow guy never shave! Lol hurts way to fuckin much

MIMedGrower

MIMedGrower

I was in a major city 3 years ago and I bought a Starbucks coffee , I was just standing outside and some dude in a suit dropped a handful of change in my cup just as I paused from sipping it ,
My wife walked up to me and said you look scary ......
She made me shave and loose the camo jacket

this happened in paris to a good friend of mine from colorado. He camps out in the mountains for weeks and has a mountain man hillbilly style beard and long hair. A frenchman put coins into his coffee while he was vacationing internationally. Lol.

he looks rough but hardly homeless. ;-)

Top Bottom