Dirtbags Hydroponics Thread.

• Thread starter Dirtbag
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
cemchris

cemchris

Supporter
wool cubes actually take a little longer for me in the dome then other things. Anywhere from 7-13 days. The upside for me though is once they root I can sometimes let them chill in the rooter for about 5 days or so before transplant and they take off like a rocket. I generally don't transplant clones now till roots are dumping out of the bottom. You can always still use rapids into the cubes. I just like using the 1.5 since they will completely fill the cutout in the cube and you can kind of smush them down for a tight fit unlike something like a rapid. Once I see about 90-95% root I pull the dome and dip them everyday till transplant.

1 thing with wool is since they are going to be wet, depending on the room temps, I run heat mats with them which makes a big difference on the time. Not to mention letting them almost dry after the initial dip till I dip them again. Usually bout 4-5 days.

Dirtbag

Dirtbag

Supporter
wool cubes actually take a little longer for me in the dome then other things. Anywhere from 7-13 days. The upside for me though is once they root I can sometimes let them chill in the rooter for about 5 days or so before transplant and they take off like a rocket. I generally don't transplant clones now till roots are dumping out of the bottom. You can always still use rapids into the cubes. I just like using the 1.5 since they will completely fill the cutout in the cube and you can kind of smush them down for a tight fit unlike something like a rapid. Once I see about 90-95% root I pull the dome and dip them everyday till transplant.

1 thing with wool is since they are going to be wet, depending on the room temps, I run heat mats with them which makes a big difference on the time. Not to mention letting them almost dry after the initial dip till I dip them again. Usually bout 4-5 days.

Thanks for that Info. I'm used to seeing roots in 7 days or so in Rapids and just wasnt sure what to expect with wool. The concern stems from the fact that I've booked a vacation in Feb and wont have time to run a cycle between now and then if I have to start over now. I kinda put all my eggs in one tray as it were lol.

I've put a heat mat under the dome connected to an inkbird a couple days ago as I think it was a bit cool for the first few days, its keeping the temp in the dome at 71-74F now.

Dirtbag

Dirtbag

Supporter
The real issue is I bring water home from work for growing in the back of my truck, 110 gallons at a time. The max amount of water I can store in my shed is about 70 gallons before I need to bring more home. Usually once a week.

One of these days I'll hook up a waterline from the cisterns that feed my house, but it's quite a distance through rocky terrain to be trenching a line in. Just easier to keep a dry hose that wont freeze up on me and have 2 55gallon drums in the back of my truck to tie Into.

Dirtbag

Dirtbag

Supporter
Im not gonna lie... with the tight timeline I've given myself, this suspense is killin me lol...

I took one out and gently opened up the cube to inspect the stem and thankfully discovered it had little roots starting so I think were good.. but jeebus... I havent had a 2 week lag in years. Even in peat I'd have at least a few rooted in 10 days or less.

Seems the wool really needs babysitting and perfect conditions to root into. Anyway... once I see the roots coming out of the blocks I'll dip them in the voodoo juice concoction and get the grow space sorted out. I'm keen to get this room fired up again.
20191028 072329

Dirtbag

Dirtbag

Supporter
Day 14 and I've got 6 out of 40 cuttings rooted, 4 of those just popped today. Hoping to see a root revolution in the next few days.. 10 more and I can get started. No doubt about it, I'll be using rapid rooters next time lol. these poor girls are starting to look a little haggard. Need to get them feeding under some real light sooner rather than later.

AtomicRoostr

AtomicRoostr

Day 14 and I've got 6 out of 40 cuttings rooted, 4 of those just popped today. Hoping to see a root revolution in the next few days.. 10 more and I can get started. No doubt about it, I'll be using rapid rooters next time lol. these poor girls are starting to look a little haggard. Need to get them feeding under some real light sooner rather than later.
So to you and everyone else having problems cloning and getting roots, SORRY. I use an aerocloner. I don't sterilize blades, its actually horrible rusty. i scrape the stem a little bit. Straight water. 10, 12 days , never had issues. 😁 are stubborn and will sit for some time.

Dirtbag

Dirtbag

Supporter
Here we go, up to 18, dipped them in fresh 0.7 nutes and took them out of the dome.
I'm gonna hold out for more though, I've only had 3 each of the Bubba and Violator root, 4 cookies and 8 God. I'm hoping to flower 8 Violator, 6 Bubba and one each God and cookies lol. These Damn Kushes are finnicky as hell... But when you do them right they're amazing. Doing them right just ain't as easy as a lot of other strains though.
20191031 224659

AtomicRoostr

AtomicRoostr

Here we go, up to 18, dipped them in fresh 0.7 nutes and took them out of the dome.
I'm gonna hold out for more though, I've only had 3 each of the Bubba and Violator root, 4 cookies and 8 God. I'm hoping to flower 8 Violator, 6 Bubba and one each God and cookies lol. These Damn Kushes are finnicky as hell... But when you do them right they're amazing. Doing them right just ain't as easy as a lot of other strains though.View attachment 906428
I see Ticket to Ride there sir, you a board/ table top gamer?

Dirtbag

Dirtbag

Supporter
I need to get to work here, still need to build the irrigation manifold and finish plumbing the res. Couldnt do much of anything while I was stuck on duty.
I think these babies are just about ready for transplant. Turned out almost all of them rooted by day 18, so I've got the correct numbers for the strains I wanna run.

Cranking out the roots now... Daily dipping Into 0.8ec solution at 5.5ph, and they're drying up quite a bit in 24 hrs now.

Let's get it on! The next week I should have lots of updates lol.
20191104 155028
20191104 155050

Aqua Man

Aqua Man

I need to get to work here, still need to build the irrigation manifold and finish plumbing the res. Couldnt do much of anything while I was stuck on duty.
I think these babies are just about ready for transplant. Turned out almost all of them rooted by day 18, so I've got the correct numbers for the strains I wanna run.

Cranking out the roots now... Daily dipping Into 0.8ec solution at 5.5ph, and they're drying up quite a bit in 24 hrs now.

Let's get it on! The next week I should have lots of updates lol.View attachment 907301View attachment 907300
Looking good

Latest posts

Top Bottom