Dirtbags Hydroponics Thread.

• Thread starter Dirtbag
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
PipeCarver

PipeCarver

Supporter
That's where were headed, The Yucatan. Going to tullum and Playa del carmen.
Love it
That's where were headed, The Yucatan. Going to tullum and Playa del carmen.
Love it, we've been there 7 times now. First couple we were in resorts now we rent a car in Cancun and explore the ruins throughout the Yucatan. I have a favourite spot there called Mahahual with cabins on the beach. My desk top pic is one of the spots we like. We've been to about 20 different ruins sites there, if your thinking of going to one we should talk unless you've been there dun that of course.

Mexico 2016 154
Mexico 2016 158
newh

newh

Love it

Love it, we've been there 7 times now. First couple we were in resorts now we rent a car in Cancun and explore the ruins throughout the Yucatan. I have a favourite spot there called Mahahual with cabins on the beach. My desk top pic is one of the spots we like. We've been to about 20 different ruins sites there, if your thinking of going to one we should talk unless you've been there dun that of course.
looks like a nice spot to chill

Dirtbag

Dirtbag

Supporter
Have I mentioned how good my last crop burns and tastes? lol, seriously Holy shit.. surprises me every time I smoke a joint. Even the early stuff tastes good down to the roach. Thanks again to @MIMedGrower and @cemchris for challenging my understanding of flowering nutrient demands. This is a real gamechanger. I never could have imagined feeding pretty much up to chop day and it burning this clean. Who knew, phosphorus was the real culprit all along..
20191106 141144

PipeCarver

PipeCarver

Supporter
Have I mentioned how good my last crop burns and tastes? lol, seriously Holy shit.. surprises me every time I smoke a joint. Even the early stuff tastes good down to the roach. Thanks again to @MIMedGrower and @cemchris for challenging my understanding of flowering nutrient demands. This is a real gamechanger. I never could have imagined feeding pretty much up to chop day and it burning this clean. Who knew, phosphorus was the real culprit all along..View attachment 907699
Say what? can you run me through that?

Dirtbag

Dirtbag

Supporter
Also, Hash making day! Gotta love making it at work and having access to an ice machine. My boss even came down to see what I was up to. Im doing it after hrs and its perfectly legal so he was just like, cool! Haha. Feels like I'm living the dream some days.
20191106 135354
20191106 142539

Dirtbag

Dirtbag

Supporter
Say what? can you run me through that?

Long story short, bloom ratio nutrients with high P are the primary cause of bad burning pot. The high P is the reason most people need to do a 2 week flush, it's not to get the N out, it's actually to get the P out. Cannabis uses a lot more N in flower than P.
Using an NPK of about 3-2-4 all the way from start to finish grows better bud, and allows you to keep feeding to the end without the need for a long "flush".

I'll admit to being skeptical at first, but having tried it, and also having my buddy who owns an LP confirm it, I'm sold.

PipeCarver

PipeCarver

Supporter
Long story short, bloom ratio nutrients with high P are the primary cause of bad burning pot. The high P is the reason most people need to do a 2 week flush, it's not to get the N out, it's actually to get the P out. Cannabis uses a lot more N in flower than P.
Using an NPK of about 3-2-4 all the way from start to finish grows better bud, and allows you to keep feeding to the end without the need for a long "flush".

I'll admit to being skeptical at first, but having tried it, and also having my buddy who owns an LP confirm it, I'm sold.
Okay can you walk this idiot through that. I Use Grow (N) + Micro (P) and Bloom (K) during flower they ( general hydroponics) recommend 10/10/15 + 5-10 Kool Bloom / gallon through flower. I'm using 5/5/10 + 2.5 / gal at the moment on 1st week of flower. Your advice then is to use 3 grow (N) 2Micro (P) and only 4 Bloom (K) / gallon ? through veg and flower? What part kool bloom would I add/ or should I even bother with that formula?

Dirtbag

Dirtbag

Supporter
Okay can you walk this idiot through that. I Use Grow (N) + Micro (P) and Bloom (K) during flower they ( general hydroponics) recommend 10/10/15 + 5-10 Kool Bloom / gallon through flower. I'm using 5/5/10 + 2.5 / gal at the moment on 1st week of flower. Your advice then is to use 3 grow (N) 2Micro (P) and only 4 Bloom (K) / gallon ? through veg and flower? What part kool bloom would I add/ or should I even bother with that formula?

I havent used 3 part in almost 15 years so someone else might be better to answer this as I'm not sure how the secondary nutrients break down. But just based on NPK something like 1.5 micro, 1 grow, 1 bloom would give a decent ratio. And I'd cut koolbloom all together. Are you running liquid or dry koolbloom?

Dirtbag

Dirtbag

Supporter
36hrs later and I've got new growth coming in. That's a good sign. They look happy, and I can see the roots just fuckin exploding in the gap between the starter and the block. Something tells me these are about to take off...
20191107 083409
20191107 083353

Joints are still surprisingly good lol.

20191107 085916

Aqua Man

Aqua Man

Latest posts

Top Bottom