Dirtbags Hydroponics Thread.

• Thread starter Dirtbag
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Aqua Man

Aqua Man

Thanks man. Some of them really started to cannibalize themselves there near the end but I expect theyll recover just fine now that they have roots. I'm just happy that I'm still on track to squeeze out this crop before heading south in Feb.
If they got roots like that your golden. Ooh by Feb? That's gonna be close. How long veg?

Dirtbag

Dirtbag

Supporter
If they got roots like that your golden. Ooh by Feb? That's gonna be close. How long veg?

3 weeks or so. I leave the second week of Feb. I just need to get to the point of hanging them to dry, then I can have my sister check on them and tote them up once they're dry. Looking to chop by first week of Feb at the latest. I might need to flip them a little smaller than I'd like but whatever. Better than no crop.

Aqua Man

Aqua Man

3 weeks or so. I leave the second week of Feb. I just need to get to the point of hanging them to dry, then I can have my sister check on them and tote them up once they're dry. Looking to chop by first week of Feb at the latest. I might need to flip them a little smaller than I'd like but whatever. Better than no crop.
3 weeks is decent. I can't go over that I'm my room with DWC.

AtomicRoostr

AtomicRoostr

I need to get to work here, still need to build the irrigation manifold and finish plumbing the res. Couldnt do much of anything while I was stuck on duty.
I think these babies are just about ready for transplant. Turned out almost all of them rooted by day 18, so I've got the correct numbers for the strains I wanna run.

Cranking out the roots now... Daily dipping Into 0.8ec solution at 5.5ph, and they're drying up quite a bit in 24 hrs now.

Let's get it on! The next week I should have lots of updates lol.View attachment 907301View attachment 907300
Lots of tap roots there sir, they are ready to rock.

AtomicRoostr

AtomicRoostr

Totally, and I honestly have no idea what to expect for 3 weeks of veg in wool. But I think it should get them big enough to almost fill my space after the stretch.
Totally, and I honestly have no idea what to expect for 3 weeks of veg in wool. But I think it should get them big enough to almost fill my space after the stretch.
Week 3 you will have your hands full if things go as good as your clones!!!!

Dirtbag

Dirtbag

Supporter
Ok.. Let's see what happens.

Still have to put in the irrigation line and finish a couple things, but I should have it automated by next week.
20191105 213836
20191105 215948

chemistry

chemistry

I think the same as you @Dirtbag about the week lag in rockwool, I think it takes that long for it to take on an organic feel to the plant, and once the blocks take on a greenish hue, then they plants eat like locusts. I keep meaning to try soaking my blocks for a week before I use them, just to see if it stems the lag, and still meaning to. lol

Aqua Man

Aqua Man

I think the same as you @Dirtbag about the week lag in rockwool, I think it takes that long for it to take on an organic feel to the plant, and once the blocks take on a greenish hue, then they plants eat like locusts. I keep meaning to try soaking my blocks for a week before I use them, just to see if it stems the lag, and still meaning to. lol
Ooooh please let me know how that works when you try it. That makes some sense actually. Maybe even a soak in beneficial bacteria?

Dirtbag

Dirtbag

Supporter
From what little I've been able to glean from the rockwool growers I know, the most important part of cutting down on lag time is getting the block fairly dry before transplanting Into it. The guys in the LP let their blocks sit in a low RH room for several days before transplanting. Some people are even transplanting into completely dry blocks for the first couple days and adding nutrient solution sparingly for the first few feeds.

I did the much more physically ridiculous method of taking the blocks outside and swinging them back and forth really fast to expel as much water as possible. Got them down to easily half the weight of a soaked block. Just like with soil, the roots need to go looking for water in the first week to make a decent root mass. If they sit in a soaked block they have less need to explore and can sit stagnant for a long time.

I also soaked them in a voodoo juice solution with EC of 0.7 and ph 5.5, so they should have a decent bacterial colony to help them along. This morning everything is perky and looks happy, fingers are firmly crossed.

Aqua Man

Aqua Man

From what little I've been able to glean from the rockwool growers I know, the most important part of cutting down on lag time is getting the block fairly dry before transplanting Into it. The guys in the LP let their blocks sit in a low RH room for several days before transplanting. Some people are even transplanting into completely dry blocks for the first couple days and adding nutrient solution sparingly for the first few feeds.

I did the much more physically ridiculous method of taking the blocks outside and swinging them back and forth really fast to expel as much water as possible. Got them down to easily half the weight of a soaked block. Just like with soil, the roots need to go looking for water in the first week to make a decent root mass. If they sit in a soaked block they have less need to explore and can sit stagnant for a long time.

I also soaked them in a voodoo juice solution with EC of 0.7 and ph 5.5, so they should have a decent bacterial colony to help them along. This morning everything is perky and looks happy, fingers are firmly crossed.
👍I Also think we need a video showing the drying technique as described so we can get a better understanding. Lmao

PipeCarver

PipeCarver

Supporter
Are you heading south to a warm climate for those 3 weeks?

Top Bottom