Dirtbags Hydroponics Thread.

• Thread starter Dirtbag
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Dirtbag

Dirtbag

Supporter
I didn't think about carrying the dirt in and out. I only ever have to deal with one or two plants at a time. Last night i had 2 seedlings in cups to transplant to 1 gallons and onlu one of them was dry and light enough. The work is all staggared for me perpetually. And trimming tonight or tomorrow will only be like 4-5 oz. until the next plant ripens.

Work is constant with no break though. Always something needs doing. Have been going through 2 surgeries and my back injury now.

I hear that. The ongoing back issues are partly how I've noticed it was easier lol. And yeah growing all my plants on the same cycle presents different challenges compared to a perpetual. For me its short bursts of work with long cycles of doing nothing but watching them grow inbetween. This last one in particular was so hands off, I really only needed to go in the room once every 4 days once flower was initiated. Otherwise the system ran itself. I was in there daily still to keep an eye out and puff Jay's but still.. It was easier lol.

Dirtbag

Dirtbag

Supporter
If I didn't grow in water, with all the soil I would have had to get rid of, my back yard would be 4ft taller than my neighbours on either side of me by now. And clean to work with.

Hahaha the 80 lighter I used to run was a promix grow. We seriously had a hill about 10-15 feet tall and about 30' around of used dirt in the backyard after about 3 years or so. We built a ramp up it so you could dump the pots on the top of the pile lol. We called it the ski hill lol.

Last edited:
MIMedGrower

MIMedGrower

If I didn't grow in water, with all the soil I would have had to get rid of, my back yard would be 4ft taller than my neighbours on either side of me by now. And clean to work with.

My old caregivers back yard has a huge soil hill in it. It gets raked into the veggie garden every year but there is too much.

MIMedGrower

MIMedGrower

I hear that. The ongoing back issues are partly how I've noticed it was easier lol. And yeah growing all my plants on the same cycle presents different challenges compared to a perpetual. For me its short bursts of work with long cycles of doing nothing but watching them grow inbetween. This last one in particular was so hands off, I really only needed to go in the room once every 4 days once flower was initiated. Otherwise the system ran itself. I was in there daily still to keep an eye out and puff Jay's but still.. It was easier lol.

Sounds nice to me. :-)

MIMedGrower

MIMedGrower

Hahaha the 80 lighter I used to run was a promix grow. We seriously had a hill about 10-15 feet tall and about 3' around of used dirt in the backyard after about 3 years or so. We built a ramp up it so you could dump the pots on the top of the pile lol. We called it the ski hill lol.

Did you ever ride it on a lysol sprayed bottomed snowboard? I rode a dune or two. Not as much fun as we hoped.

Dirtbag

Dirtbag

Supporter
Did you ever ride it on a lysol sprayed bottomed snowboard? I rode a dune or two. Not as much fun as we hoped.

Haha we called it the ski hill because we got a lot of snow one year and a couple workers brought crazy carpets to the place during crop out. Goofs were sledding down it during their breaks lol. And a couple people stumbled and rolled down it before we built the ramp.

MIMedGrower

MIMedGrower

Haha we called it the ski hill because we got a lot of snow one year and a couple workers brought crazy carpets to the place during crop out. Goofs were sledding down it during their breaks lol. And a couple people stumbled and rolled down it before we built the ramp.

Thats more what I pictured. Lol

Dirtbag

Dirtbag

Supporter
Jeez, Kanzeons Lavanda cream really pushed out the roots, that's pretty good growth for 12 hrs or so. I think If I watched it long enough I could see them grow.

Last night
20200125 184332

This morning
20200126 125342

Kanzeon

Kanzeon

Ha! Have you not seen Kanzeons Kid collection?

And really it was more like we did a kid swap. Sounds like we've got the makings of a bad reality show here..

It's even funnier if you consider that they were all daughters of ours that were quickly swapped in a parking lot to be taken home with a relative stranger.

Dirtbag

Dirtbag

Supporter
It's even funnier if you consider that they were all daughters of ours that were quickly swapped in a parking lot to be taken home with a relative stranger.
LMFAO!!!! Shady as fuck. Downtown Nanaimo no less... Only way it coulda been worse is if we had made the exchange at value village in Harewood.

Top Bottom