Dirtbag

Supporter
Where are the joint pics?

I was hoping you would ask!
20200129 195202

Dirtbag

Dirtbag

Supporter
And damn... yeah, this really reminds me of the purps I used to get in the early 00's. Still has it's own thing going on though, a little berry and cheese with an almost soapy thrills gum kinda taste. In a good way. Really impressed with this strain.

Dirtbag

Dirtbag

Supporter
I never smoked original purps I dont think

Not knowing its name at least.

Stuff I had was just called the purps and was bred by JOTI back in the day. It was a really intense grape heavy smoke with hints of berries that reminded me of thrills gum. Soapy almost. His parent stock was Mendo purps out of Norcal but he lost that one too I think, last time I cracked a pack of seeds of it, it wasnt even close.
This Dragon cheese is way closer to the purps than anything I've grown called the purps in a long time lol.

Last edited:
Dirtbag

Dirtbag

Supporter
Sleep tight my ladies... for today is the day you will meet my scissors. Big day ahead.
Pretty wild color variation in the room, gotta say. This Violator is beautiful...

And the bubba nugs got chunky as hell this round. Looks like shes gonna be some noice smoke. Not my finest work, bit of a sloppy haggard looking room to be honest but the nugs look great. It's a big improvement in bud structure over the last couple grows. Next run I plan to invest a bit more time into vegging them a fair bit bigger before flip.

20200131 092317
20200131 092301
20200131 092330

Last edited:
Dirtbag

Dirtbag

Supporter
Look at all that color variation. The room looks awesome!

Thanks Cat! I love having several wildly different strains that all finish so differently in here at the same time. The last week is always interesting to see what comes out. Violator showed no purple last time, it just faded yellow. So its neat to see that this time.

But this system seems to allow the plants to go longer than they do in promix, I'm definitely going to adjust several things for the next round. Not just veg time but feed rates, cycle timing, wool size and dimensions, trellising and pruning. Lots of cool ideas for the next one.

Moshmen

Moshmen

Sleep tight my ladies... for today is the day you will meet my scissors. Big day ahead.
Pretty wild color variation in the room, gotta say. This Violator is beautiful...

And the bubba nugs got chunky as hell this round. Looks like shes gonna be some noice smoke. Not my finest work, bit of a sloppy haggard looking room to be honest but the nugs look great. It's a big improvement in bud structure over the last couple grows. Next run I plan to invest a bit more time into vegging them a fair bit bigger before flip.

View attachment 936136View attachment 936139View attachment 936141
Awsome fall colors ! Lookin tasty

Cattapilla

Cattapilla

I have to confess that I have big tent envy. Not even a full grow done and I'm whining about not being able to grow a plant proper with a full range of growth! Even outdoors on the deck they will have to stay 4ft or shorter in their pots so they aren't seen by neighbors. Not that I know what the heck I'm going to do with my harvests after this one. 👩‍🌾

MIMedGrower

MIMedGrower

I have to confess that I have big tent envy. Not even a full grow done and I'm whining about not being able to grow a plant proper with a full range of growth! Even outdoors on the deck they will have to stay 4ft or shorter in their pots so they aren't seen by neighbors. Not that I know what the heck I'm going to do with my harvests after this one. 👩‍🌾

Inside a short canopy is needed because of the limitations of artificial light.

Best we can hope for without additional side lighting is a few feet of budding canopy.

Dirtbag

Dirtbag

Supporter

I hear ya, and feel the envy... I spent a period of about 3 years between bigger grows where I just grew in a converted commercial beverage cooler at home. It was 2x2x6', and the most I could do was one decent plant or 4 small ones crowded In there lol. It was nice to have at least a plant growing but it was frustrating not being able to experiment and have some breathing room. I was used to growing in medium to large buildings so there was a big learning curve, its much harder to control the environment in those small grows honestly. I found running entire buildings far easier to maintain a consistent environment.

When I built this shed it was so I could grow in a small well equipped building again that is all mine, and compared to other grow-ops in my area it's still considered very, very small, which keeps me off of anyone's radar and is easily manageable on my own from planting through to packaging.

And keeping it 100sq/ft meant I didnt need a permit for the building either. It was about 2 years from having the idea to build it, to putting plants in it. Just worked on it on the weekends. There was a stretch of almost a year where it just sat at lockup stage unfinished when I got sick of working on it lol. Glad I finished it now though.

Jeez that cheese is good... lol, makin me ramble hahaha.

Last edited:
Dirtbag

Dirtbag

Supporter
Looked back on pics of bubba through the last few grows, first one here is from a decent promix grow 3 crops ago. This is its average flower structure for me on a decent grow cycle. The hydro grown buds are noticably bigger, wider..chunkier to my eye. It's about on par with the best it's ever looked which was when I grew it outdoors and finished it inside. True test will be how she smokes...
20190322 155227
20200131 092330

Last edited:
Dirtbag

Dirtbag

Supporter
Here's the thread I made about how my shed was put together in the beginning for anyone interested. It was a really fun project.. many days drinkin beers in the backyard listening to tunes building this thing.

SPARECHANGE

SPARECHANGE

amzn, sells mylar, rolls... post up nicely, in a closet. panda paper, is cheaper, and around 70-80% reflective, if memory, serves. no doubt, Google, knows. flat white paint, i think it was- next best, budget option. but that's prolly, 07ish, intel.

sup, big, swingin, D!!! my god! almost kwrapped my panteez, with thAT MUCH PURPLE! nm... prolly just some Chinese buffet, leftov... oooo!! nm.. yep... kwrapped my pants. it's purps so... ur fault!

Dirtbag

Dirtbag

Supporter
amzn, sells mylar, rolls... post up nicely, in a closet. panda paper, is cheaper, and around 70-80% reflective, if memory, serves. no doubt, Google, knows. flat white paint, i think it was- next best, budget option. but that's prolly, 07ish, intel.

sup, big, swingin, D!!! my god! almost kwrapped my panteez, with thAT MUCH PURPLE! nm... prolly just some Chinese buffet, leftov... oooo!! nm.. yep... kwrapped my pants. it's purps so... ur fault!
Purple sharts... gonna be the next big thing on IG

SPARECHANGE

SPARECHANGE

I hear ya, and feel the envy... I spent a period of about 3 years between bigger grows where I just grew in a converted commercial beverage cooler at home. It was 2x2x6', and the most I could do was one decent plant or 4 small ones crowded In there lol. It was nice to have at least a plant growing but it was frustrating not being able to experiment and have some breathing room. I was used to growing in medium to large buildings so there was a big learning curve, its much harder to control the environment in those small grows honestly. I found running entire buildings far easier to maintain a consistent environment.

When I built this shed it was so I could grow in a small well equipped building again that is all mine, and compared to other grow-ops in my area it's still considered very, very small, which keeps me off of anyone's radar and is easily manageable on my own from planting through to packaging.

And keeping it 100sq/ft meant I didnt need a permit for the building either. It was about 2 years from having the idea to build it, to putting plants in it. Just worked on it on the weekends. There was a stretch of almost a year where it just sat at lockup stage unfinished when I got sick of working on it lol. Glad I finished it now though.

Jeez that cheese is good... lol, makin me ramble hahaha.

k. i don't wanna jack u thread... o! the cooker! bye, d!

Latest posts

Top Bottom