Dirtbags Hydroponics Thread.

• Thread starter Dirtbag
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
PipeCarver

PipeCarver

Supporter
Lol I also went cheap, But why wouldnt I? I have an Aventura infinite Visa that has way better rental car insurance coverage than anything I can get in Mexico with zero deductable, and the card isnt cheap to have either so I'm not going to pay for more insurance when I have it already. I use my cards insurance any time I rent a car, not just in Mexico. All in the car cost me $329 for 2 weeks.

I did insist on using an American rental company though. Wife didnt listen lol, we rented from Mexcar... hahahaha. I suppose we were asking for it. But still... dirty bunch of thieves.
Have you ever had an accident with using the cards insurance out of the country? I have in Spain I got rear ended and I now buy local insurance every time I rent a car out of the country. Believe me it cost more in interest on the cost of the damage $5000.00 Usa and 9 months to settle the accident claim with no one injured. Had someone been injured it would have taken much longer to settle and the fine print on the insurance has you responcible for all costs until claim is settled because if you're found criminally responsible your claim is void.drunk driving/reckless driving and a whole shit load more reasons to void your claim

The insurance I buy in Mexico is supposed to provide a translator to the accident scene. With Mexican insurance that I buy if I have an accident I get to leave the country and the insurance companies fight it out. In Mexico you can't leave if someone gets injured until all parties are satisfied with the settlement. If a drunken Mexican motorcyclist runs into you ( like in PDC for example) and gets hurt... ouch...,I don't want to learn Spanish in a Mexican prison thank you. I get to fly home (So I've been led to believe) I haven't put it to the test.🙂🙂

Dirtbag

Dirtbag

Supporter
I've done a lot of head scratching this morning trying to decide how to run the next cycle. I think I've settled on running a monocrop despite having all these different strains to try.. I'm really just wanting to simplify things a bit. That limits me to Platinum cookies and Violator kush. Leaning heavy toward platinum cookies, simply to see what I can do with it. It's my heaviest yielder and it can go quite long in flower, and usually doesnt make it quite as far as I'd like to take it. Running it alone, I can fine tune it and rip it to its fullest potential.

20200223 092447

Dirtbag

Dirtbag

Supporter
Have you ever had an accident with using the cards insurance out of the country? I have in Spain I got rear ended and I now buy local insurance every time I rent a car out of the country. Believe me it cost more in interest on the cost of the damage $5000.00 Usa and 9 months to settle the accident claim with no one injured. Had someone been injured it would have taken much longer to settle and the fine print on the insurance has you responcible for all costs until claim is settled because if you're found criminally responsible your claim is void.drunk driving/reckless driving and a whole shit load more reasons to void your claim

The insurance I buy in Mexico is supposed to provide a translator to the accident scene. With Mexican insurance that I buy if I have an accident I get to leave the country and the insurance companies fight it out. In Mexico you can't leave if someone gets injured until all parties are satisfied with the settlement. If a drunken Mexican motorcyclist runs into you ( like in PDC for example) and gets hurt... ouch...,I don't want to learn Spanish in a Mexican prison thank you. I get to fly home (So I've been led to believe) I haven't put it to the test.🙂🙂

I did my research on the fine print with Visa for this trip just to verify if anything was different about claiming in mexico. It's pretty straight forward loss and damage insurance only and is pretty simplified for making a claim. We also have a roadstar package with ICBC that covers foreign country auto rentals with a $300 deductable that pays right away. I've had to use it for a broken windshield for a rented car in washington state before and it wasnt a big deal at all.

In Mexico legally you HAVE to purchase Mexican third party liability insurance in country. They wont recognize out of country 3rd party. That was included in the cost of the rental though.

PipeCarver

PipeCarver

Supporter
I've done a lot of head scratching this morning trying to decide how to run the next cycle. I think I've settled on running a monocrop despite having all these different strains to try.. I'm really just wanting to simplify things a bit. That limits me to Platinum cookies and Violator kush. Leaning heavy toward platinum cookies, simply to see what I can do with it. It's my heaviest yielder and it can go quite long in flower, and usually doesnt make it quite as far as I'd like to take it. Running it alone, I can fine tune it and rip it to its fullest potential.

View attachment 944079
Pretty plants, I see a furry friend there with you. we left ours at home one year 11 day trip ( perfect vacation = 1 million seconds) got home and the poor little thing was looking lost I felt sick she was in such sad shape. It really effected her. We had someone feeding her but they were just in and out without any contact. She was our baby like a little puppy always with us and we left her for too long. We're not doing that to our pets again (2 cats now)

PipeCarver

PipeCarver

Supporter
I did my research on the fine print with Visa for this trip just to verify if anything was different about claiming in mexico. It's pretty straight forward loss and damage insurance only and is pretty simplified for making a claim. We also have a roadstar package with ICBC that covers foreign country auto rentals with a $300 deductable that pays right away. I've had to use it for a broken windshield for a rented car in washington state before and it wasnt a big deal at all.

In Mexico legally you HAVE to purchase Mexican third party liability insurance in country. They wont recognize out of country 3rd party. That was included in the cost of the rental though.
Like I said after the one rear ender in Spain and Mexican driving habits I buy insurance and I'm happy doing it. We have all the cards It was Master Card that we used in Spain 20 years ago now. I feel I learned my lesson and fool me once sorta thing. The rental insurance forms are in Spanish we can't fully comprehend and you can't rent a car without a card, We sign on the bottom line and hope all works out, they have your card number as back up for damages anyways with a hold on it.

They also went after you for scratches and dings and they could have found no medical pack/ flat tire/ missing radio knobs/ ripped back seat or a hundred other problems. I drop the car off they smile and I'm on my way, I don't feel ripped off it just part of the trips cost to me..

Dirtbag

Dirtbag

Supporter
Alright, 20 cuts of Platinum Cookies and 4 cuts of Dragon cheese are in the tray. I'll keep the best 14 PC and 2 DC. They are both 10-11 week flowering strains with very similar growth characteristics, Id like to see how well they grow together. But still have a vastly PC dominant room. Now to get cleaning...
20200223 145715

Srenots

Srenots

Made it home safe and sound. Whew! what a whirlwind of a trip. Mother in law did a great job taking care of the mother plants in my makeshift grow area in the living room lol. Looks like I'll be able to take a ton of cuts from these, they damn near doubled in size the last 2 weeks. Cat is happy to see us too!

View attachment 943896View attachment 943895

And had a nice little surprise from @Srenots waiting for me in the mailbox too!

View attachment 943897

Time to get crackin... Gotta get the room cleaned out and take a pile of cuts to get another run goin here in the next couple weeks. Cant wait!

Hope ur parakeets enjoy the samples brother~

Dirtbag

Dirtbag

Supporter
Just found out the first week I was in Mexico my father had another heart attack. Hes back home on the mend apparently...Not good though. With his myeloma and COPD, he cant take much more stress. Right around the same time another influential Man in my life passed away. He was my sisters former father in law who took me in and apprenticed me as a mechanic and turf superintendent when I moved out west many years ago. Taught me more than I can quantify about fixing things. He was a true master at understanding any system and making it work, and guided me with advice during a very formative time in my life. He'll be greatly missed.

Dirtbag

Dirtbag

Supporter
Smokin on some of this crop, I stuck a few nugs in my dope box, the tickle trunk. It's probably got an ounce of trim at the bottom of it from me cleaning up buds before rolling. I find it's the perfect environment for stabilizing the moisture content of a few buds when I want a sample to smoke.
20200225 112814
20200225 112806

Anyway, its burning quite nice now, light grey ash and stays lit. And I'm gonna say it, I think this crop tastes better than It did in promix. The smoke is super clean and the aroma and flavors are noticeably more intense and pronounced. Very nice smoke. Impressed.

PipeCarver

PipeCarver

Supporter
Just found out the first week I was in Mexico my father had another heart attack. Hes back home on the mend apparently...Not good though. With his myeloma and COPD, he cant take much more stress. Right around the same time another influential Man in my life passed away. He was my sisters former father in law who took me in and apprenticed me as a mechanic and turf superintendent when I moved out west many years ago. Taught me more than I can quantify about fixing things. He was a true master at understanding any system and making it work, and guided me with advice during a very formative time in my life. He'll be greatly missed.
Its February man There's something wrong with this month, friends, family & pets dying around us, plants haven't had the best month, weather suck,a new big pandemic to worry about. Some how we need to extend January, March, June July and August to make up for giving February the boot.😁😁😁

PipeCarver

PipeCarver

Supporter
It's the extra day. Imagine the turmoil of the people's lives that are born on the 29th.
lol Just call it January 38th rather than Feb 8 and so on New days in the year like July 35th lol I keep saying when I become King things are going to change. I don't like daylight savings either. One of my first commandments would be to do away with it and as King I could do that with the wave of my hand. No more voting, no need I'd be a Good King. lol................................and people wonder why we smoke.......................I get great ideas.😆😆

Dirtbag

Dirtbag

Supporter
Ok.. Picked up some supplies today, grabbed 16 x 3" delta blocks and 16 unislabs. I might be getting a bit ahead of myself here, so hopefully these clones root ok..

And buddy has my ferts and will be dropping it all off tomorrow. Ive got a gallon of foliage pro, 2L each mag pro and bloom, and 5L GP Massive to run this next one out on.

Getting a wee bit excited I am...

Latest posts

Top Bottom