Disabled vet looking for beans for PTSD

• Thread starter Bulfarms
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
B

Bulfarms

Hey guys,
I’m a new member and longtime lurker. I started cultivating recently and sadly I’m in a red state. Can someone lead me to a breeder who breeds for PTSD? Anxiety….over stimulation…etc.

Thank you

Deadstill

Deadstill

I'm from the government, and I'm here to help.
Supporter
Howdy, warrior!

As a fellow veteran and someone who also suffers from PTSD, I'll try to help, if I can.

First of all, have you tried CBD, CBG, or any of the other cannabinoids? I ask because I have ran into other PTSD sufferers who have had negative results using THC. Every body is different, and different chemicals effect different folks, differently..

For example my neighbor down the road from me suffers from PTSD, and he had to stop smoking weed all together because it was making his anxiety much, much worse. Instead, he smokes CBD hemp now and maybe a tiny little puff from some THC weed every now and then, but he said the CBD helped him much more.

So perhaps hemp might be a viable option? Every state differs on their hemp rules but smokable hemp flower is legal in 48 states that I know of (Texas and Indiana being the two I know for sure don't allow smokable hemp)

Edibles are always an option too.

JerzeyMike

JerzeyMike

I cant say if any of my hybrids or indicas are good for anxiety, but I have plenty of beans and wouldnt mind sending you some if you think they'd help. Like mentioned above though, sometimes high thc levels are the wrong effect for some. And unfortunately I have never messed with cbd or others.

Lockebox

Lockebox

You could check out the CBD strains on seedsman, they have a variety of different THC:CBD percentages. It looks like they added a lot more breeders to their list some CBD breeders too but I only have actual experience with seedsman genetics and I've been happy.

I don't have PTSD or really know anyone with it but maybe this helps

B

Bulfarms

Howdy, warrior!

As a fellow veteran and someone who also suffers from PTSD, I'll try to help, if I can.

First of all, have you tried CBD, CBG, or any of the other cannabinoids? I ask because I have ran into other PTSD sufferers who have had negative results using THC. Every body is different, and different chemicals effect different folks, differently..

For example my neighbor down the road from me suffers from PTSD, and he had to stop smoking weed all together because it was making his anxiety much, much worse. Instead, he smokes CBD hemp now and maybe a tiny little puff from some THC weed every now and then, but he said the CBD helped him much more.

So perhaps hemp might be a viable option? Every state differs on their hemp rules but smokable hemp flower is legal in 48 states that I know of (Texas and Indiana being the two I know for sure don't allow smokable hemp)

Edibles are always an option too.
Thanks for the response! I have used tinctures before and it does seem to help. I’ve had a couple good experiences with strains like sour D

B

Bulfarms

I cant say if any of my hybrids or indicas are good for anxiety, but I have plenty of beans and wouldnt mind sending you some if you think they'd help. Like mentioned above though, sometimes high thc levels are the wrong effect for some. And unfortunately I have never messed with cbd or others.
Hey man I appreciate it. I would gladly pay for a pack just not sure who to get it from

Goodshit97

Goodshit97

Hey guys,
I’m a new member and longtime lurker. I started cultivating recently and sadly I’m in a red state. Can someone lead me to a breeder who breeds for PTSD? Anxiety….over stimulation…etc.

Thank you
Howdy, thanks for your service first off. Second, i have always bought my beans from seedsman.com, every order was simple and showed up within 7 days. Plenty of options and very affordable if you are on a budget like myself.
Happy growing

F

figgie

Greeting fellow brother/Sister! I am another fellow Vet

I have purchased from;

Seedman
North Atlantic seed Co
Pacific Seed

All beans, some fem, some regular. They all provide a Vet discount and with Veteran's day coming, they all have sales. I agree with @Deadstill, try the CBD:THC instead of straight THC.

I thankfully can handle the THC just fine now a days but back when I got out, I could not handle smoking in any capacity (loss of emotional control, Anxiety etc).

Cohi

Cohi

@bullfarms RE: PTSD ---

I'm growing this out right now from a cut obtained from @Trustfall. I'm hoping it works as indicated in the link for anxiety and PTSD. She got big quick in veg, flipping her next week :)

Last edited:
Trustfall

Trustfall

Supporter

I'm growing this out right now from a cut obtained from @Trustfall. I'm hoping it works as indicated in the link for anxiety and PTSD. She got big quick in veg, flipping her next week :)

Wow that is a hell of a review on the strain! Sounds on point but my buds are smaller then described. But I’ve had strains do this before and make a come back the second or third time I grow them.
Are you in flower?

SweetLeafGrow

SweetLeafGrow

I'm currently fighting cancer with Cannabis and one of the side effects of such high doses of THC is anxiety, and it has been crippling for me at times. I can't stop taking my meds so I have had to find ways to deal with it. As @Deadstill mentioned, and I wholeheartedly concur, the CBD will help with your anxiety and has helped me much. I take it alongside the THC.

Perhaps the best thing I have found for helping with the anxiety though is to find strains high in the terpene Limonene. I am already looking for anti cancer and anti tumor terpenes in my flower and it just so happens that Limonene is also a good anti cancer terpene. When my oil is made from strains with lots of Limonene my anxiety is pretty much non existent. Another good one, while not specifically used for anxiety is Linalool which is good for sleep. The two together are, at least to me, an anti anxiety powerhouse.

I would also add that you may want to do a bit of research and find other terpenes that help with anxiety, I would bet there are others.

Good luck and happy growing!

romulangenetics

romulangenetics

2nd Generation
Supporter
@romulangenetics might be able to help. He’s a vet also if I’m not mistaken.
I am also all too familiar with PTSD and I do breed cultivars that are specifically made for helping with PTSD issues.

Romulan is the one I turn to myself. Its got me off all sorts of meds as well as making my life better with less episodes. If you dont know Romulan's back story, you should look into it.

Vets bred Romulan for PTSD.. over a 30 year time span. Korean War, Vietnam, and WWII veterans worked it over decades.

B

Bulfarms

I am also all too familiar with PTSD and I do breed cultivars that are specifically made for helping with PTSD issues.

Romulan is the one I turn to myself. Its got me off all sorts of meds as well as making my life better with less episodes. If you dont know Romulan's back story, you should look into it.

Vets bred Romulan for PTSD.. over a 30 year time span. Korean War, Vietnam, and WWII veterans worked it over decades.

This is exactly what I needed. Thank you so much

B

Bulfarms

I'm currently fighting cancer with Cannabis and one of the side effects of such high doses of THC is anxiety, and it has been crippling for me at times. I can't stop taking my meds so I have had to find ways to deal with it. As @Deadstill mentioned, and I wholeheartedly concur, the CBD will help with your anxiety and has helped me much. I take it alongside the THC.

Perhaps the best thing I have found for helping with the anxiety though is to find strains high in the terpene Limonene. I am already looking for anti cancer and anti tumor terpenes in my flower and it just so happens that Limonene is also a good anti cancer terpene. When my oil is made from strains with lots of Limonene my anxiety is pretty much non existent. Another good one, while not specifically used for anxiety is Linalool which is good for sleep. The two together are, at least to me, an anti anxiety powerhouse.

I would also add that you may want to do a bit of research and find other terpenes that help with anxiety, I would bet there are others.

Good luck and happy growing!
Fuck cancer first. Sorry you have to go through it and thank you! Limonene and linalool. Got it

B

Bulfarms

Sweet! Would you mind giving me an update?

Cohi

Cohi

Sure thing as she moves through flower to smoke. She's still veggin for a cpl more days as I've been lazy with the nets.

Latest posts

Top Bottom