Diy Cabinet From Recycled Wood Coco Grow

• Thread starter Farmer P
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
SmithsJunk

SmithsJunk

Yesterday was day one week 5, exactly half way done with four weeks to go! Things are going pretty smooth and I'm starting to ramp up the nutes a little during week 5. Some Pics: in the back is thug life 2 on the left and 3 on the right with my keeper cowboy kush up front.
Next run is shaping up and will be cowboy kush and some cuts I got from a friend that I call blue grease. It has blue dream lineage and smells like ball bearing grease. It has an awesome taste too so I'm pretty excited to grow it out. Have a great week!

Ooo.... """So Nice"""

SmithsJunk

SmithsJunk

Here's the veg box. Back left is cowboy kush and front and back right are blue grease. They are not in the best shape since they are dealing with cold temps and unbuffered coco. The blue's are less sensitive to the conditions and seem to be doing a little better. It's about to start warming up some and they still have four weeks to get ready so I think they'll do ok.

Those look like some Storm Troopers got a grow in their Death Star barracks.
20190223 090415

Yoda got some Kashyyyk Kush...

"Powerful stoned you have become, the dank smoke I smell on you..."
12b08b9027be16b4685de82f9f529e5b

...them Wookies use hyper-ponics, but there's always f***in hairs in it.

T

TheKoreanKid

Update time day 40.
The buds aren't as big as I would like, but they are about as frosty as I've ever gotten if not more so. They all have really good smells, but I think the cowboy kush will be the winner in all categories. We'll have to wait and see. I'm ramping down on the nutes but the plants were purpling up from just the cold and thug life one is gonna be super purple. Hope everyone is having a great week!
Some pics: Thug life one then two then cowboy kush.
hello, new grower here!
All that frost around the bud, am i correct in assuming thats the crystaline thc? If so how does one harvest that when trimming? Im on day 2 of flower so I have a long time till harvest but Im curious

chemistry

chemistry

I use this, just an ally frame with mesh, seal the edges of the mesh, don't know the mesh size, picked up a couple of feet at a yard sale a few years ago, looks like 80 mesh?. The ally angle you can buy at any hardware store. I freeze the trim first, grind it, sieve it onto a glass surface, I use a picture we have hanging on the wall, give it a wipe when I've done, and re-hang it. lol
Sift 2

Sift 3

Or you could go one stage further.
Sift 4

SmithsJunk

SmithsJunk

hello, new grower here!
All that frost around the bud, am i correct in assuming thats the crystaline thc? If so how does one harvest that when trimming? Im on day 2 of flower so I have a long time till harvest but Im curious

Wow, it's been a while since I had to ask questions like that. It was fun and frustrating learning to do all this stuff.

There are a number of ways to collect the kief (the trichome stalks you're referring to, separated from the flowers). There's dry sifting, ice hash, dry ice hash, Rick Simpson oil (alcohol extraction), rosin press, BHO (butane extraction), etc...

The easiest way, like @chemistry said, is to dry screen sift. You can build a sifter like he did or buy one. I have a Honey Bee (pollen sifting tray) I bough off Amazon. They are not cheap but if they're taken care of they'll last a very long time. One benefit to buying a plastic collector like this is being able to collect from extremely smooth catch tray.

783394928420 3

These aren't cheap, about $60 on up. More trays with smaller holes can be added, and most have replaceable screens. The one in the pic has a 200 micron and I bought a 150 micron as well. For dry sifting these are good sises. Look up "pollen sifter or collector" and there will be several makes.

Enjoy.

T

TheKoreanKid

Wow, it's been a while since I had to ask questions like that. It was fun and frustrating learning to do all this stuff.
Much appreciated!
There are a number of ways to collect the kief (the trichome stalks you're referring to, separated from the flowers). There's dry sifting, ice hash, dry ice hash, Rick Simpson oil (alcohol extraction), rosin press, BHO (butane extraction), etc...

The easiest way, like @chemistry said, is to dry screen sift. You can build a sifter like he did or buy one. I have a Honey Bee (pollen sifting tray) I bough off Amazon. They are not cheap but if they're taken care of they'll last a very long time. One benefit to buying a plastic collector like this is being able to collect from extremely smooth catch tray.

View attachment 858607

These aren't cheap, about $60 on up. More trays with smaller holes can be added, and most have replaceable screens. The one in the pic has a 200 micron and I bought a 150 micron as well. For dry sifting these are good sises. Look up "pollen sifter or collector" and there will be several makes.

Enjoy.

SmithsJunk

SmithsJunk

That's a really really really good price. I'm not a fan of that style myself but that's only because of it's high sides and my physical disabilities. I've used Trim Bin and Honey Bee and they're both great trim/sift trays.

If I were going to buy one right now, with the price you showed, that Trim Bin is the obvious choice. Those are usually $50-$60. They have a bunch of attachments too, like tool holders, scissor cleaner alcohol sponge, and even a drink holder. The Honey Bee has none of those, it's just meat & taters (...and, I think, a slightly larger screen area).

Farmer P

Farmer P

Update time! Things are looking and smelling great. I'm starting to ramp down on the nutrients now that i'm in week 6. Growth has been much better this run, I've had to up the cal-mag in the veg box a little due to the unbuffered coco. I usually do 2 ml/gallon but until these get into flower I've been giving 3. This run has a little less than 3 weeks to go then on to the next. The next veg run will be grown on Masterblend nutrients the whole way. I've been toying with it and I think it works great. I also bought some pre-buffered canna brick coco on a bulk deal 20 bucks each for four bundles. I'll use up the coco I recently buffered first. Hope everyone is having a great week. Some pics.

20190301 162536
20190301 162554
Full shot
Coco
SmithsJunk

SmithsJunk

Update time! Things are looking and smelling great. I'm starting to ramp down on the nutrients now that i'm in week 6. Growth has been much better this run, I've had to up the cal-mag in the veg box a little due to the unbuffered coco. I usually do 2 ml/gallon but until these get into flower I've been giving 3. This run has a little less than 3 weeks to go then on to the next. The next veg run will be grown on Masterblend nutrients the whole way. I've been toying with it and I think it works great. I also bought some pre-buffered canna brick coco on a bulk deal 20 bucks each for four bundles. I'll use up the coco I recently buffered first. Hope everyone is having a great week. Some pics.

Those are straight, off the hook, dude. Great structure.

Latest posts

Top Bottom