Diy Cabinet From Recycled Wood Coco Grow

• Thread starter Farmer P
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Farmer P

Farmer P

Day 9 Update:
Some bad news and some good.
The bad - I screwed up and lost the DC9. I had been suspecting that these plants were all the same strain for a while but hoping I was wrong. I remember there being some question as to my labeling of the clones and they all seemed to look too much the same. While trimming I noticed they are practically identical. I haven't tried them yet since I'm still abstaining (plus I want to wait until they cure for the best 1st impression lol), but I'm so sure I'm right that I only kept one clone which was labeled HCP. Oh Well I'll look for something new. Plus my friend who found the DC9 (Lost his too) says he's going to buy another pack and do another hunt.

The good - This shit is sticky icky icky. The smell is amazing. I couldn't stop smelling my fingers while trimming lol. I hope it tastes as good as it smells.

The harvest is not as heavy as I would have liked but I will try to do better next time. The DC9 (really hcp) came in at 76 grams, the HCP Jacks is 62 grams, and the HCP H3AD is 84 grams for a grand total of 222 or 7.93 oz. Just under a half pound.

I just put the net in. I'm gonna run this old bulb at least one more time lol.. Waste not want not. I did move it down 12 inches though to 16 inches from the net. Hopefully this will give me some heavier colas this time. They already have little budlets at day 9 so I'm off to a good start! I'm also planning on letting them (or at least one or two I'll play it by ear) go longer this time like 10 or 11 weeks as an experiment. Maybe I'll stagger one at 9, one at 10, and 1 at 11 to see where the sweet spot is. This run will be three HCP's again.

The run after this one is a mystery since I'm popping 4 beans all different strains. Hopefully I get at least two girls. I'm leaving which ones I end up with to chance since there is only one of each. I'm bringing back 3 strains that I really liked (black mamba, thug life, and cowboy kush) hoping for better phenos and one new one which is Greenpoint Eagle Scout. Hope everyone has a great week! Some Pics:

Day 9
DC9 H3Ad HCP really
HCP jacks
HCP H3AD
Veg
Farmer P

Farmer P

Day 12.
I got the rest of my drivers in and put the second quantum in the flower box. I'm digging the setup. I also got a couple sprouts. The black mamba and thug life. The other two shouldn't be too far behind. The Eagle scout didn't get soaked in water overnight like the others so it will probably be a little late. It was a last miniute addition.

3 lights
20200122 173631
New sprouts
Last edited:
Farmer P

Farmer P

Sup Farmers, Day 17 update,

Things are going well, I decided to do a big underskirt defol this time. I had some little 120v fans laying around so I thought they would make great air circulators for underneath. They use 10 watts each. With the increased lumens these they seem to be stacking better. I'm feeling good about this run.

This little eagle scout seedling looks like it's covered in trichs when I get a closeup.

Last is Black Mamba.
Hope everyone is groovin. Peace.

Day 17  defol
Day 17
Fans
Eagle scout
Black mamba
Farmer P

Farmer P

Sup Farmers, day 24 today.
First I need to get to the smoke report from the last run- The H3AD formula vs. Jacks MJ formula. It's a bit unconclusive. They are both great and I can't decide which I like best. The only thing I can say is I think the H3AD smelled a little stronger. (same smell, just a little stronger) But those plants were somewhat bigger so I don't know... I'll just say that they are both great. And also I must mention that Jacks is much cheaper so there's that.

This next run is starting off much better than the last. Since I lowered the lights and am not letting it get too cold in there things are jamming. I think I should get more weight this time. Still running the three Hyper Cherry Pie's in the bloom cabinet. Hope everyone is having a great week. Some Pics:

Day 24 1
Day 24
Seedlings
Clone roots
justiceman

justiceman

What's up Farmer P! Very cool to see that you just finished up a run with Jacks and H3ad's GH formula. Looks like some some high quality flower from both. I started noting down the elemental ppm measurement of some of these popular fertilizers and though you might like to take a look for comparison.

H3ad's formula full strength
N 97
P 60
K 105
Ca 97
Mg 41
S 27

Jacks Nutrients and Calcium Nitrate(3g/2g per gallon)
N 119
P 41
K 171
Ca 95
Mg 50
S 67
Si 0

Lately I have been playing with this stuff called MasterBlend. It's very similar to jacks. I thought it might be low on Mg so I have been waiting for signs to see if I should add more magnesium sulfate but have not seen any defs so I'll leave it be for now.

MB Tomato & Veg, Calcium Nitrate, Magnesium Sulfate(2g/2g/1g per gallon)
N 101
P 41
K 167
Ca 95
Mg 29
S 34
Si 0

H3ad's formula lowers K with the idea in mind that coco coir naturally gives off K which if true is pretty smart. The plan is to reduce the chances of excess K which can cause a lockout or reduced uptake of Ca, Mg, and P. What I wonder is if coco coir continues to give off K how much does it release and is there a variance between batches? I do know that coco coir starts out naturally high in sodium and potassium but I was under the impression that washing and buffering coco with a calcium nitrate solution replaces the Na and K with Ca. I would think that at that point the coco coir doesn't have anymore K to give, but maybe as it breaks down it does. Pretty interesting stuff that makes me want to do some side by sides as well because to be honest I'm not quite sure if coco coir actually slow releases K or if it is in fact all washed away when buffered.

Srenots

Srenots

Sup Farmers, day 24 today.
First I need to get to the smoke report from the last run- The H3AD formula vs. Jacks MJ formula. It's a bit unconclusive. They are both great and I can't decide which I like best. The only thing I can say is I think the H3AD smelled a little stronger. (same smell, just a little stronger) But those plants were somewhat bigger so I don't know... I'll just say that they are both great. And also I must mention that Jacks is much cheaper so there's that.

This next run is starting off much better than the last. Since I lowered the lights and am not letting it get too cold in there things are jamming. I think I should get more weight this time. Still running the three Hyper Cherry Pie's in the bloom cabinet. Hope everyone is having a great week. Some Pics:
lookin great brother !!

Farmer P

Farmer P

What's up Farmer P! Very cool to see that you just finished up a run with Jacks and H3ad's GH formula. Looks like some some high quality flower from both. I started noting down the elemental ppm measurement of some of these popular fertilizers and though you might like to take a look for comparison.

H3ad's formula full strength
N 97
P 60
K 105
Ca 97
Mg 41
S 27

Jacks Nutrients and Calcium Nitrate(3g/2g per gallon)
N 119
P 41
K 171
Ca 95
Mg 50
S 67
Si 0

Lately I have been playing with this stuff called MasterBlend. It's very similar to jacks. I thought it might be low on Mg so I have been waiting for signs to see if I should add more magnesium sulfate but have not seen any defs so I'll leave it be for now.

MB Tomato & Veg, Calcium Nitrate, Magnesium Sulfate(2g/2g/1g per gallon)
N 101
P 41
K 167
Ca 95
Mg 29
S 34
Si 0

H3ad's formula lowers K with the idea in mind that coco coir naturally gives off K which if true is pretty smart. The plan is to reduce the chances of excess K which can cause a lockout or reduced uptake of Ca, Mg, and P. What I wonder is if coco coir continues to give off K how much does it release and is there a variance between batches? I do know that coco coir starts out naturally high in sodium and potassium but I was under the impression that washing and buffering coco with a calcium nitrate solution replaces the Na and K with Ca. I would think that at that point the coco coir doesn't have anymore K to give, but maybe as it breaks down it does. Pretty interesting stuff that makes me want to do some side by sides as well because to be honest I'm not quite sure if coco coir actually slow releases K or if it is in fact all washed away when buffered.

Really cool Justiceman. Thanks for this info.
I was kind of wondering if I had gotten some kind of lockout on the Jacks plant since it purpled up worse than the others. When it started I thought is was from the cold, but after a while I noticed it was just that plant. Looking at the numbers and with the extra K in the coco idea I'm thinking maybe I had too much K and got a little lockout. Something to keep my eye on in the future. Right now I'm using the jacks for veg and the H3AD for flower. I'll keep an eye out for any deficiencies.

This run my comparison is going to be harvesting each plant at a different time. I'll either go 8, 9 and 10 weeks or 9-10 and 11. Should be interesting.
Thanks for stopping by.

lookin great brother !!

Thanks bro!

justiceman

justiceman

Really cool Justiceman. Thanks for this info.
I was kind of wondering if I had gotten some kind of lockout on the Jacks plant since it purpled up worse than the others. When it started I thought is was from the cold, but after a while I noticed it was just that plant. Looking at the numbers and with the extra K in the coco idea I'm thinking maybe I had too much K and got a little lockout. Something to keep my eye on in the future. Right now I'm using the jacks for veg and the H3AD for flower. I'll keep an eye out for any deficiencies.

This run my comparison is going to be harvesting each plant at a different time. I'll either go 8, 9 and 10 weeks or 9-10 and 11. Should be interesting.
Thanks for stopping by.
No problem I appreciate the comparison and look forward to more. For some reason I forgot to add that high K can also reduce N uptake as well which is worth mentioning.

I love these bottles for mixing my nutes. Never throw them away.
I also wanted to say that I love how you re-purposed those nutrient bottles, and I like that you made your own stock A and B solution with Jacks. So much easier than weighing powder on a regular basis.

Last edited:
Farmer P

Farmer P

Sup Farmers. Day 31 (yesterday)
Things are going well so far. Buds are fattening up and smells are getting strong.
I decided to make myself a custom light for the bloom box. I'm not finished yet, it still need to decide how I'm gonna mount the drivers and I'm still waiting for a couple to arrive. It has 6 HLG QB-120 boards. Should be some nice coverage. Hope everyone is having a great week! Some pics:

Day 311
20200210 1709031
20200210 1709281
20200209 1549311
Padrepuff

Padrepuff

How do you know when it's harvest time? I think my autos are ready they are at day 80 of (60 days to grow), according to seed information. Also if anybody can vote #3 on the MarsHydro light give away I really appreciate it. I have been trying to set up a veg room but, still don't have the money for lights. Thank you and Blessing's

Farmer P

Farmer P

How do you know when it's harvest time? I think my autos are ready they are at day 80 of (60 days to grow), according to seed information. Also if anybody can vote #3 on the MarsHydro light give away I really appreciate it. I have been trying to set up a veg room but, still don't have the money for lights. Thank you and Blessing's
Hi Padre,
I've always just gone by time. 8 weeks of flower then I chop. But stay tuned because this grow I'm going to chop one at 8 weeks then one at 9 and finally the last at 10 weeks. The results should be interesting. One of the best growers I've ever seen said that almost all of his strains are done at 8 weeks and he was going by actual lab tests. If you look at the trichome heads you want to see about 5 to 20 percent of them have changed color to amber. (on the buds not the leaves.) Indicas are supposed to finish faster than sativas.

I couldn't find the light giveaway thread you mentioned. You'll have to put up a link.

Farmer P

Farmer P

Sup farmers,
I got the day off to go to the doctor with the Mrs. today. We got home early enough I decided to finish up the new light and got it put in. Everything works great and the lumens are high on the whole canopy. 😎 It uses almost exactly 400 watts. I'll keep the old 315 for a spare or sell it if I find someone who needs it.
The seedlings are starting to pick up steam and are about to start rapid growth. And the final pic is of my daughter at 14 weeks! She looks like casper the friendly ghost lol.

New light
Light ov
Old 315
Casper
MIMedGrower

MIMedGrower

Sup farmers,
I got the day off to go to the doctor with the Mrs. today. We got home early enough I decided to finish up the new light and got it put in. Everything works great and the lumens are high on the whole canopy. 😎 It uses almost exactly 400 watts. I'll keep the old 315 for a spare or sell it if I find someone who needs it.
The seedlings are starting to pick up steam and are about to start rapid growth. And the final pic is of my daughter at 14 weeks! She looks like casper the friendly ghost lol.

She does look like Casper. :-)

Congrats!

Farmer P

Farmer P

Sup Farmers, its day 39.

The plant in front will be the first to be chopped at 8 weeks so I've switched it to the Jacks finish mix to help me keep track. I'll decide this weekend which will be chopped at week 9 and which will be last at week 10. Everything is going well so far. Some pics.

Day 39
Golf ball
20200218 160358
Hashish
New piece
10w30

10w30

Supporter
hey P, congrats on the newest development. neat to see.

i wanted to ask you what range ppm's are you running to get that frost? the nugs in the white container look what im after.

Thanks

Farmer P

Farmer P

hey P, congrats on the newest development. neat to see.

i wanted to ask you what range ppm's are you running to get that frost? the nugs in the white container look what im after.

Thanks
Thanks bro. I'm running around 750 ppm. The frost has to do with genetics also. I've noticed some strains show differently and at different times. Some start right away and some seem to wait a while and some just don't have the coverage that others do. I really don't know any tricks accept to try to keep the plants as healthy as I can. Good luck!

Srenots

Srenots

Thanks bro. I'm running around 750 ppm. The frost has to do with genetics also. I've noticed some strains show differently and at different times. Some start right away and some seem to wait a while and some just don't have the coverage that others do. I really don't know any tricks accept to try to keep the plants as healthy as I can. Good luck!

no tricks , u nailed it, keep em healthy as u can and let em do what they do, after that choose keepers....KISS method always works, nice work over there as usual brother ~ Nice bong man

Srenots

Srenots

Sup Farmers, its day 39.

The plant in front will be the first to be chopped at 8 weeks so I've switched it to the Jacks finish mix to help me keep track. I'll decide this weekend which will be chopped at week 9 and which will be last at week 10. Everything is going well so far. Some pics.

and, we gotta get u some Steeler golf balls over thar !

Latest posts

Top Bottom