DIY - Over, Under, Sideways, Down...Sky High builds an Under Current knockoff

• Thread starter sky high
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
S

Socachi

With the 13 gallon module do you think 2" pipe is enough or should I go with something bigger? Would 4" just be too much?

Celtic I believe that the 13 gal systems they use 3" pvc instead of the 2"

sky high

sky high

Hey UCMENOW.... what size pumps are CC using on the 13 gal/3" models?

FWIW, folks.... with a bad back 2" was big enough to wrestle/pound/fight with... and while I sure don't have a comparison here...I gotta say the 2" pvc is simply rockin it and I have tons of circulation goin on. 3"-4" would whip my ass to put together.... LOL.

can't wait to see some folks blowin it out.....

s h

sky high

sky high

Should be sweet, celtic. Rock n' Roll!

Update: Here in the HIGH country we're holding onto Winter....with snow and cold being the rule over the last few days. As a result, temps in the space can be set @ just about anywhere I'd like them to be. However, with the buckets insulated from the space (76F) and the mix bucket completely outside the space in a room that is 50-55F.... I had to add a heater to the system today because the temps kept falling and I started freaking when the water temps went below 60F. Don't think that is gonna help make trees!

it's always somethin'...LOL

s h

M

mets21

sky high, nice job. That UC looks very legit. Great job on the insulation too

sky high

sky high

A little comparison pic....

All 3 blueberry plants in the photo were cloned, rooted and transplanted @ the same time.
The 2 on the right are in 4 gallon pots....the BIG bitch is in the UC....

Should be flipping this weekend after I get a bunch of these other plants out of the space...

Nono 069
altitudefarmer

altitudefarmer

great pic, and a nice demonstration of what rdwc can do! I can not wait to get my building... the lot is being surveyed and construction starts June 1, if all goes well. A pre-fab steel building shouldn't take more than a month to erect, so i hope to be rdwc'd up by mid-July...

K

KING_KONG_KOLAS

Very informative demo. Effective and very clean.. I Like..Good job bro!!
Cant wait to see what you pull down now!!

sky high

sky high

GreatGooglyMoogly.....I think it's HIGH time for an update from the Ranch!

the UC remains very stable. I keep checkin the calibration of my Trimeter cus I almost can't believe it's holding this steady. 5.5 ph - 800ppm - 60-68 water temp (drops at night) Room temps are a median of 76 with a swing of about 5 degrees either side depending on time of day/night. No humidifier this run. Nutes til now have consisted of CNS Grow, a hit of Millennium ruby fulvic here/there, and on this res change I added in a 1/2 strength dose of powdered GH maxiBloom.

After a slow start, the BB's in the UC have ratcheted into HIGH gear in the last 10 days. These fuckers are like shrubs! 5 of 6 are approx 3 ft. x 3 ft....the runt is 30" x 30" or so.

I'm almost scared to flip em. LOL. If you don't hear from me in a few days...send in the search party!

Surrounding the BB's are 4-KKSC/White and 3-Purple Urkle/White...2 Cherry Slyder x Sour Diesel...and 1 "unknown" (front left, obviously an indica) that my son started (LOL, damn teenagers!) all in 2 gal/dirt. So far these have only been fed beneficials and compost tea made with arctic humus and Algamin.

After taking a round of clones I'll drop these all into a 12/12 schedule tonight....

onward, through the fog.......

Nono 072
Giddeon

Giddeon

After taking a round of clones I'll drop these all into a 12/12 schedule tonight.....

Looking great!!!

These ladies are going to turn into monsters when they are finished! Going to definitely stay till the end here!!

Thanks for checking my thread!

L

LEBDOG

Gotta love your willingness to dig in and do it! I think this is great! I would worry that somehow I would screw something up and flood everywhere, but am stoked for you!

DWC seems like the only way to go if you can go big!

S

Socachi

Sky your grow is looking great, those bushes are gonna turn into some massive trees. How many days have you vegged now?

I know you've made some changes to the system along the way could you post some pics of them?

A

angel4us

nice setup

checking in man . new to thc farmer so this thread gets the cherry!!!!!!!

sky high

sky high

Hiya folks!

thanks for the comments.

Yo Giddeon. Wha happened to the UC, bro? If you find something that grows em FASTER..let me know, bro! this this is fuggin my mind. I feel like Axl rose when i go in there...just wanna belt out "welcome to the Jungle..we got what ya NEED"

Yes, Celtic, the pipes are also wrapped with reflectix. Double thickness on top to sheild from heat. All that's left is the water line. ran out of material or it'd already be covered.

FYI, all. I think this reflectix wrap is working DAMN well. My water temps are consistently 10-15 degrees cooler than the air temp in the room. At this point i'm still having to HEAT the res to keep it @ 68F when the room is runnin 80F. things WILL change as the Summer rolls in...but i'm hoping I can eeek by without a chiller.

lebdog...this bitch is in the garage for that reason. if it floods it'll be like hosing off the driveway. LOL.

these got 30 days iin the UC in veg, sochachi. Prolly 45 days or so from takin the cuts. (had em in ebb/flow for a few weeks at first) If I can get my timing down a bit better in the future i hope to streamline this a bit. I was definitely out-of-whack this go around as I tried to build it and prep plants at the same time...

welcome angel. pull up a chair. the doobs will be comin in from the left....

Mods: I'm gonna set up a 20 gallon res feed today for fresh water additions because they are starting to slam the drinks down like hookers at happy hour! Gulp.

I tweeked the ventilation a bit to even out the day/night temps yesterday. i also ordered a new bag of replacement charcoal to refill ALL of my filters. I was outside yesterday and it's appparent that one of my filters has lost it's "oooomph". Mmmm.... marijuana!
At least I'm not in full bloom!

it is indeed, always 'something'...huh?

s h

altitudefarmer

altitudefarmer

Always one fire or another to put out...lol. It keeps the whole lifestyle from becoming routine and boring, I guess. :) Your girls are looking great; looking forward to the flip, like everyone else stalking this thread, I bet.

Latest posts

Top Bottom