diy uc 4k ss chronic

• Thread starter cheech
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
C

cheech

oy, i'm still pretty bummed out that i ruined all my rubbermaides by drilling through their seems. i have turned them into drying tubs though. i lay a box fan on top of them and a nice breeze makes its way through the herb and out the 4'' holes.

i'm also having buyers remorse right now. just purchased 3 vornado fans for a vertical bulb room, and am thinking i should have bought the stanley blowers instead.. was kind of worried the blowers would push too much air and cause the bulb to rock back and forth. either way they will do better than the box fans i rigged to point straight up in my previous grows. 3 our of 6 of them have crapped out on me and it's only been around 8 months. the vornados have a 5 year warranty.

i just put the root riot cubes in their 3'' net pots. i'm leaving an air gap in my rez this time around. the cubes seem to be staying moist just through the condensation in the tub.

there are 12 plants under that block buster hood. those are now being further vegged by a vertical halide bulb. this summer i had moved to hoods so i could ac the lights, but now that i can cool the rooms with fresh air i am back to vertical bulb and fuck man. time to get stronger glasses. a huge benefit of the hoods was the simple fact that i could relax in my room and enjoy it. with the vertical lights i just want to get the fuck out of there as soon as i can.

DSCN1958
DSCN1959
DSCN1961
C

cheech

wow, 3 weeks later, and they are still in the hd totes. i think the problem was that i kept the root riot cubes above 3 layers of hydroton because i was worried about getting stem rot. my cubes were drying out, and it took a solid week just to get roots in the tote.. i put 16 more little ss chronic clones in and this time only put them on top of 1 layer of hydroton and the roots were in the tank in 4 days.

i haven't been doing a good job of maintaining 5.8 ph.. in fact, i have never ph'ed the solution below 6.. they are usually at 6.8.

954 1968
954 1969
954 1970
C

cheech

thanks. i just moved them up to the uc last night and they are looking great with 2k on them now.. i am now pretty certain that the gh flora shield is what fucked up my last batch.. this was the only additive that i didn't add this time. i really should have done some research on it before dumping it into my rez. i looked it up and saw that others were having serious wilting problems with it causing their plants to wilt. i have my fingers crossed that this will be a perfect run.. rez at 65 right now. just need to get my ph under control.

ph 6.4
ppm 300

C

cheech

the plants are getting bigger, but don't look too great. the ph was 6.5-7 in veg, and the humidity was barely in the 30's since they've been in their final home for the last 2 days. picked up a humidifier from lowes, which is much better than the shit one i had in there and i finally have the humidity in mid 40's.

is 300 ppm enough? maybe i should see if they bounce back now that the rooms atmosphere is dialed in?

957 1999
957 2001
957 2000
957 2002
957 2003
957 2004
R

RMCG

Up the ppms! I would start @ 650/700. They are looking pretty pale right now.

C

cheech

round 3 - i have a good feeling about this run. running ionic grow. will veg however long it is necessary. 2k flipping every 12 hours.

959 2013
959 2015
959 2012
Aligee

Aligee

i would lower ph possible nute deficiancy from lockout somewhere . you using r/o water?

R

RMCG

Still pale, not sure what the upward curling is from.

Whats your humidity now?

Perhaps a light foliar feed.

RO water?

Have you calibrated your meters lately?

C

cheech

no ro water. tap comes out at 100 ppm and 7 ph.

i thought maybe it was because they went from a clone veg tub of .8 ec 7.4 ph to the new location of 1.2 ec 6.8 ph.

meters are calibrated used the blue one and a ph/ec truncheon i have.

humidity is 45-55% temp is 75-81.

H

HannaMan

Drop that PH to about 5.8.

The curl on the lower leaf is somewhat normal on older growth that was clipped before taking a cutting.

Are you supplementing with CALMAG? The rust spot looks like it could use some CAL-MAG

EDIT: Read you're using TAP and had a rough transplant. Give them some nice PH'd water and see if they bounce back.

C

cheech

i pulled all the plants out. the bottom of the root riot was stained from the bleach i ran through the system, and the roots had a chlorine smell to them. i figured that as long as i drained the system as far as the pump would drain, then refilled it the bleach would be diluted enough. that wasn't the case.

i am far from giving up on this rdwc system. in fact, now i am compelled to succeed at this system more than ever. i am actually in the process of setting up another rdwc room! i will not be defeated by this system!

Str8Dank

Str8Dank

keep trying! your ph looks like it's too high IMO. all hydroponic mediums i keep ph between 5.5 and 6. do you have a chiller? what are your res temps?

C

cheech

ph was 6... i had 3 failures in this system back to back, so you were probably looking at the ph of one of the other failures. but ph was 6. have chiller, water temp was 64. i'm pretty certain bleach was the problem, because of the stained root riot cube, and the chlorine smell was still there. i am flushing the system now, and will have new clones in a few days.

C

cheech

i have 30 new clones in my home depot totes... the new ap 100 i just got today is treating them to a nice cool jacuzzi bath. i transplanted them into the 3'' net pots when i saw the first sign of roots from the root riot cubes.

it's interesting to see how some strains root faster and develop roots faster than others. my th seeds chocolate chunk clones already have their roots in the spa, but the ss chronics haven't let their roots down through the hydroton yet, even though they were the first to root.

question - it was mentioned that 700 ppm was good for plants put into veg. is that right out of the cloner? some might laugh... but right now i have it set at 250 ppm.. was planning on taking it to 400 ppm in 4 days, then see how they look.

next question. if you look at my root shot when they are in the totes, do you think that is more than enough to go into the uc? i'd like to get them in there asap, but i'm not really sure if it will benefit them by going in with only 4 roots dangling through the net cups. common sense tells me that i will just be wasting electricity having 2k flip flop back in forth between 4 reflectors with such little plants, when i can have them all vegging under 1k. this is the same common sense that told me to run 2 gallons of bleach through my system then only drain 9/10 of it though.

second uc room is on its way to being complete. :)

Top Bottom