diy uc 4k ss chronic

• Thread starter cheech
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
R

RMCG

Let them put some legs down under the 1k. No sense wasting light right now.

You should see some explosive root growth when they really touch water.

250ppm is pretty low. 500ppm is good from the get go (strain dependent).

Watch how much they eat per day, then adjust up accordingly by reading the plants.

Micro adjustments. Things happen fast, shit happens faster.

C

cheech

when you say watch how much they eat per day.. are you talking about the water level dropping? last time around, when they were large and in the totes(i have pics in this thread) i only had to top the totes maybe 3-4x, with an inch of water each time - they were in there for 3 weeks about. i'm just going to go by looks, i have a good feeling about this run.:character0035:

R

RMCG

Use your meters and your eyes.

Some days they chug water, other days they chow nutes.

Shady

Shady

Chillin' in the Shade...
Supporter
Sup cheech... Subbing and sending you good karma and positive vibes brah! I skimmed through the thread and gotta say that a 5.8 pH is a good range to be in hydro... Do you think any of the issues might be caused by the goop used on the seals contaminating the water? :wondering

P.S. Is there any reason why you don't have the white side of the panda plastic facing up to reflect heat?

C

cheech

shady.. i put together two of these systems.. one one documented in this thread had 3 runs that all went to shit... they each started out GREAT in the home depot tote vegging, then each transplant they went to shit within a week...

each time their was one variable that i figured caused the decline. GH root guard additive, bleach, low RH, too high ppm...

i finally ripped apart one setup, because i couldn't afford to loose out on making money any longer.....

the 2nd room which i don't have documented is a 16 site and had the same problem on the first run... it started off looking promising, but then it looked like i had iron deficiency within the 2nd week of being in the system.... i then saw an off gassing thread from npf sp? plastic tubing and the affected plants looked just like mine. the tops were all yellow.

i don't think it was goop, because mr dizzle used goop and didn't mention any problems, but i can't be certain.. the chemicals used in the setup were goop, pvc primer and pvc sealer. other than that lowes buckets, electrical pvc conduit, and pvc pipe.

i'm going to do one more run in this diy uc, because their is one more variable that i want to look into.. of all things, this is light distance from the top of the plants.

the only other thing i could do to make the situation perfect, would be RO water, but i really don't think that it is necessary with 100 ppm, 7.2 ph tap water.

5.5-5.8 ph, 1 ec, 75 F, 60 RH 600 Co2 ppm... these are perfect variables, so if it doesn't work this run i'll go to coco, which i have just figured out.

btw, that wasn't panda plastic on the buckets, it was 4 mil thick trash bags, or it would have been white side out!

D

Dubsta

When he said check to see how much there eating per day he means to check the ppm daily with a consistent water level, top off with water then check.. Plants in different environments will drink more water then others. All my plants seem to eat about 200ppm a day in 5gal dwc buckets w/ air diffusers. no recirculating, i top off daily w/ cold water and the temps are golden. The concrete floor seems to help. My newest Querkle is eatting close to 350-400ppm a day compared to my otheres only taking around 200ppm. Crazy how much nutes I've actually been using latly, I've been feeding lower ppm's but using more nutritent's. My next batch is doing so so good. The Querkle x SD are going to be explosive.

Top Bottom