diy vacuum pruge station

• Thread starter Glab120
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Glab120

Glab120

so a buddy of mine just harvested his two church plants and was gonna just throw the trim away, luckely i convinced him to give me all the trim for no charge. i recived a lil over a LB. of all the stuff he trimmed off the plants and after alot of sorting through i had about two OZ of good trim and two OZ of not so good trim, the rest was trash. i then sorted the good trim into big and small pieces then ran two batches. the not so good trim i just made some dry ice kief.

i also got about ten grams of lil popcorn buds that i did a small third batch with that turned out super dank. i only got about 5 grams of oil total and i gave the grower about 1.5 grams still it was worth the $16 of tane.

the really blond wax was from the lil buds.
P7310236
P8010237
P8030239
P8030242

Tank333

Tank333

How essential is it to vacuum purge? I've been just purging mine in a double-boiler style on the stove at 2. I would leave it on till it stops bubbling up anymore... usually takes 3-4 hours... is this sufficient, or am I still in danger of having butane in my oil?

my understanding from those who do this a lot is that vacuum purging is the only way to get the butane out completely or as close to completely as one can. the reason being is that you want to use low heat (some swear by about 100 degrees) and it is harder to get the butane out at that temp

if you are using canned butane versus fairly pure and a reclaim system, there is going to be a lot of stuff in your oil :/

M

montroller

^^ Even with brands that are just n-butane, iso-butane, and propane? What will be left behind? Not trying to be a dick but canned butane is kind of the standard at this point and I haven't seen any documented proof of dangerous residuals in properly made oil.

sorry, didn't mean to imply residuals other than prior to purging. but you are going to have propane, butane, and whatever else that was in the can. from my readings, if you aren't using a vacuum purge, you are creating a product that is unsafe for consumers.

SCFSYNDICATE760

SCFSYNDICATE760

, if you aren't using a vacuum purge, you are creating a product that is unsafe for consumers.

def not true...you can certainly use heat to purge totally...it will take a lil longer but u unequivocally DONT have to have a vac to make legit cons....just makes it easier...
i know u said thats from what youve read, prob just more anti wax propaganda from one of the other forums that has a bunch of oil purists...that really dont always know wtf theyre talking about....

jyip

jyip

soo, let me say , thx for putting this thread together,, jus what i needed, cuz ithink I havent been purging properly and wonder if smoking that oil gave me a very bad headache and a little nauseous too on top of that.... would there be any other signs/things to look for to confirm my oil does have butane in it still? would it flare up and stay on fire witha flame if purged properly....my oil will stay aflame after i heat it up sometimes ...thx for any feedback

Glab120

Glab120

soo, let me say , thx for putting this thread together,, jus what i needed, cuz ithink I havent been purging properly and wonder if smoking that oil gave me a very bad headache and a little nauseous too on top of that.... would there be any other signs/things to look for to confirm my oil does have butane in it still? would it flare up and stay on fire witha flame if purged properly....my oil will stay aflame after i heat it up sometimes ...thx for any feedback

properly purged oil should never flare up. a good way to test your oil is to do a season style dab on a ti nail and listen to make sure it dosent hiss or crackel. if it crackels or sparks up on a ti nail, then theres trapped butane still.

jyip

jyip

properly purged oil should never flare up. a good way to test your oil is to do a season style dab on a ti nail and listen to make sure it dosent hiss or crackel. if it crackels or sparks up on a ti nail, then theres trapped butane still.

thx for gettin back at me,,,that blonde church looks killr!

by flare-up I mean say, if i leave a lil on my glass nail cuz it was too big right...so nail top loks alil wet/damp/nothing pooled up tho,, and when i get it hot enough w/butane torch it will light on fire and burn off..... so properly purged oil will not light on fire? I have never had it flare up while dabbin on it,,, but ill scope it out further listening for cereal sounds haha! I'll need a grannyear horn to hear it tho
imhave only done small runs,,, 28 grm tube, so 2 grams oil or so,,,and i blast into pyrex ona hot water bath and then after 15-120 minutes, collect it on blade, spread it like abondo skim coat and heat over stove top flame ,,, but 2 feet above so my hand doesnt get too hot as a heat guage for purgin,, crude but somewhat efffective,,,,,

but longer lo heat like 110F will give me shatter? .... prolly gonna get a brake bleedr vac and a mason jar , some parchment paper for next run and vac purge in 120f waterbath
any pointers are very much appreciated,,jus to stay focused,,Im looking to make sure i am not smoking the butane,,, tho i don't think I really am...headache and nauseousness could be unrelated fo sho

thx again,,, and great lookin erl

Fasheeryfo

Fasheeryfo

thx for gettin back at me,,,that blonde church looks killr!

by flare-up I mean say, if i leave a lil on my glass nail cuz it was too big right...so nail top loks alil wet/damp/nothing pooled up tho,, and when i get it hot enough w/butane torch it will light on fire and burn off..... so properly purged oil will not light on fire? I have never had it flare up while dabbin on it,,, but ill scope it out further listening for cereal sounds haha! I'll need a grannyear horn to hear it tho
imhave only done small runs,,, 28 grm tube, so 2 grams oil or so,,,and i blast into pyrex ona hot water bath and then after 15-120 minutes, collect it on blade, spread it like abondo skim coat and heat over stove top flame ,,, but 2 feet above so my hand doesnt get too hot as a heat guage for purgin,, crude but somewhat efffective,,,,,

but longer lo heat like 110F will give me shatter? .... prolly gonna get a brake bleedr vac and a mason jar , some parchment paper for next run and vac purge in 120f waterbath
any pointers are very much appreciated,,jus to stay focused,,Im looking to make sure i am not smoking the butane,,, tho i don't think I really am...headache and nauseousness could be unrelated fo sho

thx again,,, and great lookin erl
hey I bought the brake bleeder vac and let me tell you, it is a pain in the ass and doesn't pull over 27hg. I haven't been pleased with the oil I've been making and the brake bleeder is kicking my ass from so much pumping, I just ordered a vacuum pump off amazon because I can't stand it anymore and I wish I had just waited and saved the money. That's my honest opinion from using it, also when you do a hot water bath with the mason jar, when you release the vacuum water can get into the jar somehow just from the outside. I'll post some pics later on when I have more time. Peace!

jyip

jyip

thx man, im gonna ge an elctric vac than, and im usinga old waterbed heater pad to mantain purge temp keep me posted fasheerfo

ltr
j
hey I bought the brake bleeder vac and let me tell you, it is a pain in the ass and doesn't pull over 27hg. I haven't been pleased with the oil I've been making and the brake bleeder is kicking my ass from so much pumping, I just ordered a vacuum pump off amazon because I can't stand it anymore and I wish I had just waited and saved the money. That's my honest opinion from using it, also when you do a hot water bath with the mason jar, when you release the vacuum water can get into the jar somehow just from the outside. I'll post some pics later on when I have more time. Peace!

Glab120

Glab120

this random trim batch came out amazing. this shit knocks me out for like 2 hours off one dab and im no light weight!!!
i have no idea what strain it is my buddy just had this trim laying around, but it taste like strait skunk!
i also picked up a new oil rig that im in love with (toro micro circ).
IMG 0024
IMG 0030

Medusa

Medusa

Trichome Engineer
Supporter
great info was on reddit and they have a few articles on shatter even made some to look like a guy surfing ! Called ride the errl's

Inepsa

Inepsa

Awesome guide Glab. I've been doing research on these setups and your guide has some critical info. I have been making loads of BHO just doing heat purging, and really want to get to a vac setup asap. I will be following your guide almost exactly.

For the AC charge line you have hooked up to the pump, can you just use one of those lines from the A/C recharge cans for like 15 bucks?

Have you tried placing the SS container into a water bath while pumping? Or is that not really needed?

Also, super nice oil rig.

Ohiofarmer

Ohiofarmer

Great thread Glab. Some bomb biggity lookin oils. I dig the small little vial with the hole in the back for runnin small batches, i use the same method and a glass baster for the big batches. Take it easy man

Top Bottom