Dizzle's 4th MPB run Blackberry kush style

• Thread starter mrdizzle
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Shady

Shady

Chillin' in the Shade...
Supporter
Ahh... Coco for veg... Makes perfect sense! Thx for the response... Yeah I'm not a big fan of rockwool either... :thinking

M

mrdizzle

rockwool has its place, but I dont like it for this, I ended up with a lot of matted dead roots on the bottom of the cubes and it seems to take forever for my roots to hit the water in rockwool

Shady

Shady

Chillin' in the Shade...
Supporter
rockwool has its place...
I concur, as I do like the small 1.5" square cubes for cloning, but lately I've been using Rapid Rooters. Gonna go back to the small RW cubes and try coco and coco pots for veggin' when rooted... On a side note, I do have the UC 6 with the standard 5" pots and will prob have to stick with hydroton for that system... :thinking

M

mrdizzle

yea ideally I would go from aero cloner to 10in net pots then into the system, but I need a veg method that is not so touchly

A

antimatter

I love my coco its beautiful and clean as hell to work with, flushes amazingly and never seems to get waterlogged. Yet so many people don't know about Canna and how amazing it is all they think of is the bricks that the growstore sell that are messy and salty.

M

mrdizzle

ooh manthe readygro blocks, I couldnt convince my boy that they reason his plants were bright yellow after transplant was because they were talking a thai salt bath

A

antimatter

ooh manthe readygro blocks, I couldnt convince my boy that they reason his plants were bright yellow after transplant was because they were talking a thai salt bath

Yhea they soak the coco in ocean water in the processing so stupid its really holding back the market from buying it up, but I wouldn't doubt it keeps the prices high for Canna.

M

MedicalINFO

Hey guys I have a question, and I'm hoping Dizzle doesn't mind me sneaking it in to his thread.

Do any of you guys have brown gunk/slime/jell on you roots when they go in to the buckets?

I just started my second run, but I replaced all my buckets and plumbing so the system was new and clean. I even added another chiller so my in bucket temps are 65-67. I've made sure that there is no light leak in to the bucket. Running a clean sealed room.

My first nute mix was Aqua flakes, multi zen,Roots excell 550 ppm

in veg. 18/6 800ppm co2 78 degrees 56% humidity.

I'm worried because my first run I had nothing but Bright white roots that were growing like crazy.

I've already drained and flushed with 35% h202 about 3 times over the span of 7 days. ( where I was adding chillers and poly papering everything to solve the problem).

So now I'm just gonna let them grow, run h202 during my weekly exchange and hope for the best

Any input would be appreciated... Plants are healty:) BUt roots are GUnky:(

CelticEBE

CelticEBE

Hey Dizzle

I am wondering why Blackberry isn't in the strain guide??? Should we do something about that? I think the strain is worthy enough to have it's place in their. I can get some more info on the genetics. Apparently I met the creator not too long ago.

M

mrdizzle

medicalinfo, I found that roots excel caused that same problem for me

Good question celitcebe, what did he say was in the cross. its a frosty ass fucking strain I tell you, I cant stop looking at it

CelticEBE

CelticEBE

Next time I see him I will ask so we can get the right info posted. From my research it says Bubba Kush, Blackberry, and White Rhino. That would explain the frostiness. He told me if I drop the night time temps the last few weeks of flower it would go a really dark purple. I am planning on keeping a hold of this strain for sure. Love what it has done in the scrog so far and can't wait to see it in a vertical lighting situation like yours. He also created Banana Kush which I want to get a cut from at some point. He used to be a member on here and had a seed company but has gotten away from it because of all the drama associated with it. I will get more info on it for sure next time I see him.

C

Coxie

medicalinfo, I found that roots excel caused that same problem for me

Good question celitcebe, what did he say was in the cross. its a frosty ass fucking strain I tell you, I cant stop looking at it

Are you using something other than roots excel? Or skipping it altogether?

mikeross

mikeross

Love all your journals... it has helped me answer a lot of the questions I had. I assume I have to post more to be able to pm people? With that said I hope you don't mind if i ask you here what i tried to private message you

Do you have any experience growing purple kush? Any idea what the yields would be in your system compared to the blackberry... I assume they should be similar yield wise?

I was set on a 7 light, 8 plant setup but am making my room wider and doing a 7 light 14 plant setup. I wanted to get your input on the idea. I figured if i reach my goal of .5# off each of those 6 plants only getting hit on one side that would up total "goal" yield by 3 elbow which is huge for me. anyways, what you think of the layout... obviously these new 6 plants are gonna get some serious training to flatten them up against the walls.

x
xox
xoxox
xox
xoxox
xox
x

B

brookstown

no doubt, thats the only thing that matters right now. I would love to grow 15lbs of casey jones but I dont know what I would do with it, maybe shape it into a dog bed or a nightstand

You a fool dawg, very impressive very impressive. Your shit looks better and better every run.

kush4breakfast

kush4breakfast

dizzle, I had issues with my 3 inch bucket flooding so I cut the top feed. Do you think I will run into rot issues, or should I be good as long as I keep it off?

M

mrdizzle

I dont think you will, I feel like so long as the upper roots arent touching the water they wont effect anything, they will just dry out, and the ones that are touching the water in the tubs will continue to live on

Top Bottom