Do you grow for hash production? Poll

• Thread starter nebulius
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None

Do you use good quality /marketable bud to make hash?

• Yes, I use quality buds to make hash.

Votes: 5 25.0%
  • No, I dont use quality buds only popcorn buds and trim.

Votes: 15 75.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
nebulius

nebulius

There are a few hash producing countries like Morocco, Afghanistan, Central Asia, etc. that turn all of their plant material into hash even good marketable buds. So I am curious if anyone here on the farm specifically grows for the purpose of making hash and uses the quality marketable buds to make it? This could mean you devote a few plants in your grow to make hash or you turn your whole grow into hash using quality buds to do so.

outwest

outwest

Premium Gardener
Supporter
There are a few hash producing countries like Morocco, Afghanistan, Central Asia, etc. that turn all of their plant material into hash even good marketable buds. So I am curious if anyone here on the farm specifically grows for the purpose of making hash and uses the quality marketable buds to make it? This could mean you devote a few plants in your grow to make hash or you turn your whole grow into hash using quality buds to do so.

I don't grow commercially, and I've never used buds for hash, but my last run was a bumper so I'm thinking about turning some of that into extract. The bubble I made with the trim was excellent.

outwest

Blaze

Blaze

What's your goal?

For personal smoke? Then fuck yeah.

For profit? Good luck!

true grit

true grit

last run I used basically all small buds/popcorn that i didn't feel like trimming. very little actual "trim"...after that its the quality id prefer (blows away any trim bho ive made or tried- patients who tried feel teh same way)...and im honestly considering using about half of my finished buds for bud only bho runs. If i can get over 30% yield from straight buds i'd be happy with it and consider using all bud.

nebulius

nebulius

Thanks Outwest, Blaze, and True grit for the responses. My buddy and I were talking stoner talk and he said that he didn't think anyone actually grows just for the purpose of making hash. I had to disagree, I believe there are some hash heads out there that love hash so much that they dedicate at least part of their grow for making hash and use buds which are of top shelf quality. There are strains that are specifically bred for making hash so I'm sure some grow just for that purpose. I didn't want to do 50/50, or phone a friend, so hence the poll.;)

outwest

outwest

Premium Gardener
Supporter
I'm going to turn some of my last crop into hash, I'll make sure to do a quick diary.

outwest

caregiverken

caregiverken

Fear Not!
Supporter
My wife does not smoke. So I Use her Bubba kush buds for hash, then make hash pills.
Beats trimming that those leafy buds anyhow.
Harlequin buds make some really tasty hash for smoking.
Taste kinda like Old school 70's blond hash.

SodaLicious

SodaLicious

I dont make hash, but I do use 1 - 2 plants for QWISO extract every time we crop. I prefer to blade oil, than smoke joints. So I use all the nice cured prime buds, and make me some killa!

outwest

outwest

Premium Gardener
Supporter
What is QWISO? FWIW, I'll be turning about 2oz's of bud into cold water extract. Stay tuned.

outwest

Blaze

Blaze

Quick Wash Isopropyl hash - it's a type of alcohol extraction.

outwest

outwest

Premium Gardener
Supporter
Quick Wash Isopropyl hash - it's a type of alcohol extraction.

Hey Blaze - I posted in your cold water thread about using primo nug for cold water hash. I'd love to hear what you think!

outwets

Blaze

Blaze

I personally don't use the primo nugs, I find it a bit wasteful. You can get awesome hash using them no doubt, but I like save the best nugs to smoke. I do however like using the little nugs - especially the small wispy ones left on the plant after the main colas are harvested.

outwest

outwest

Premium Gardener
Supporter
I personally don't use the primo nugs, I find it a bit wasteful. You can get awesome hash using them no doubt, but I like save the best nugs to smoke. I do however like using the little nugs - especially the small wispy ones left on the plant after the main colas are harvested.

Thanks. Larf definitely goes right into the hash pile. Should I do anything to break the nug up somehow to expose more surface area?

outwest

Blaze

Blaze

Yeah I would - all those trichs on the inside of the buds won't get broken off and extracted otherwise.

nebulius

nebulius

Totally agree with ya. One of these days though I want to get some beans and grow some Mazar-i-sharif, hash heaven, or hash plant, something bred specifically for making some connoisseur grade hash. I bet those big ole colas make some great hash!

nebulius

nebulius

Came across some nice purple kush hash the other day, the stuff smelled like sweet grapes, powerful aroma. Changed my mind on hash, cause up until that point everything I got was potent but never had that pleasant aroma that you get from some kind dank. But if you think about it you are concentrating the terpenes in hash so I think the aroma is more powerful than the smell of buds before they are made to hash.

Reactions: mal
Blaze

Blaze

Yep, well made hash should have an excellent flavor and aroma. I always see people on the forums complaining about the lack of aroma and flavor, esp with bubble hash - makes me think a lot of people out there still don't get how to make proper hash. As you pointed out the terpenes are concentrated when you make hash, just as the THC, etc is. Therefore, well made hash should be quite aromatic and smell and taste like the strain it was made from.

V

vierundzwanzig

when in southeast Asia do as the southeast Asians. IE the best hash comes from the best bud. I like it so I do it. 2 or 3 small plants keeps me lacing jays for months.

outwest

outwest

Premium Gardener
Supporter
when in southeast Asia do as the southeast Asians. IE the best hash comes from the best bud. I like it so I do it. 2 or 3 small plants keeps me lacing jays for months.

What's your extraction method?

outwest

Top Bottom