do you guys think wall reflection REALLY makes a big difference?

• Thread starter Noworries
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
N

Noworries

my lights are in the middle of my room, I was going to build some moveable "walls" and put panda film on them if it REALLY makes a difference. I put my light meter up to see what the reflected light was. It was very minor. 30-40 lumens.

Dont know how effective that way of measuring really is, which is why i'm asking

P

paulycali

Reflective film works wonders for sure. That is why they make it. Right? Seems like you need it since your lumen reading was so low

N

Noworries

No, thats lumens being REFLECTED. lol I dont think anything would grow with 30-40 lumens?

This is the light meter only getting the light thats being reflected off the panda plastic

pork

pork

depends on how close to the light the walls are....reflected light, imho, is pretty negligible when it really comes down to how many lumens are actually getting to the canopy...if the walls are far away, sure they are reflecting something, but i'd focus more on trying to get that light to hit the plant directly

carBon.14

carBon.14

of course it does. try a grow without mylar or similar. you will notice the difference

N

Noworries

TRY ALL BLACK WALLS... LET ME KNOW HOW IT GOES

My walls currently are black. Do you think it sucks up all my lumens from my reflectors and cuts my yield in half? (obviously not serious, just a nice response to a smart ass response)

420Gator

420Gator

this wall was half black half white, no visible difference. wish I had a better angle but I did spend a lot of time in there
Bw

soserthc1

soserthc1

being you have to build a wall and add reflectors to the built wall why not just buy a tent .....

soserthc1

soserthc1

this wall was half black half white, no visible difference. wish I had a better angle but I did spend a lot of time in thereView attachment 274607
did you notice a difference in harvest weight from side to side, were you doing a comparison or just happened to be the wall at the time ....@ no worries yes i agree makes me wanna run one just like gator's now......

420Gator

420Gator

that was my 1st/only scrog and I had to move the whole thing right in the first few days of flower, really sucked ass moving a 4k 50 plant scrog lol. I made this makeshift room and used black poly idk why some of the insulation is covered and some isnt I just threw that shit up as fast as possible. I didnt *see* any differences, there could have been but nothing more than marginal at best

noworries just stay true to your handle and dont worry about it, if youre willing to go thru all that trouble just throw in more light/more plants, youve got to run into a wall eventually and then you wont have to build one:cool:

420Gator

420Gator

did you notice a difference in harvest weight from side to side, were you doing a comparison or just happened to be the wall at the time ....@ no worries yes i agree makes me wanna run one just like gator's now......

no actual comparison was just making do with what I had

420Gator

420Gator

fwiw there are more reflective and cheaper materials you could use than mylar and what have you. that shits all over-hyped marketing propaganda to get your $$$ IMO

tattoojim

tattoojim

Unknown farmer
Supporter
i have paint drop cloths for mock walls..and always notice the leafs pointing at the walls if they cant grab direct light...they are bueytl on the side thats in my room ,,canvas on the other side..dont notice a bud differnce tho

Top Bottom