Do you think this will finish okay?

• Thread starter BigBlonde
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
BigBlonde

BigBlonde

So... Let's stay on topic, please. I don't have a harvest--yet.

@freezeland2's help with my AC Infinity controller was perfect. The oscillating fan does in fact seem to cause the controller to malfunction. While I was changing the connections, I decided to move the sensors, so the readings might change somewhat.

Right now, it's more than an hour till the lights come on. Inside the tent, the temperature is 74F and the RH is 49%. The controller calculates the VPD to be 1.43. My understanding is that VPD is less important when the lights are off. I also have a sensor in the lung room, so I know it's 69F with an RH of 56%. (The CO2 is 408 ppm.)

The VPD began rising again yesterday about half way through the lights on period. That caused the humidifier to come on, so I lowered it's "on" setting to 50%, and that's close to where the RH has stayed.

I'm not sure what I can or should do to keep the VPD in the preferred range. Watering will increase the RH, but I can't do that yet. Lowering the temperature will, too, and I have done that. I probably could lower it a few more degrees. As luck would have it, the weather has turned cold and dry, so that's working against a higher RH, as well. I also lowered the lights slightly. I know @GNick55 said to raise them, but the lights would lower the RH even more, I think.

I'll check soil moisture levels in about an hour when the lights are on to see if it's okay to water. It's difficult for me to understand how the plants could transpire much when the soil moisture readings are near the bottom of the scale.

Corndogselect406

Corndogselect406

They are trying to process as much as they can to survive the (drougut). Don't worry about night time Temps as much match the day and night temp till you get everything figured out the plants being at the same temp&humidity will cause a stable vpd that in turn will take alot of variables out of the equation for the time being.

Corndogselect406

Corndogselect406

If you are really wanting a night time drop. Take it down to 73ish.

GNick55

GNick55

Staff
Supporter
So... Let's stay on topic, please. I don't have a harvest--yet.

@freezeland2's help with my AC Infinity controller was perfect. The oscillating fan does in fact seem to cause the controller to malfunction. While I was changing the connections, I decided to move the sensors, so the readings might change somewhat.

Right now, it's more than an hour till the lights come on. Inside the tent, the temperature is 74F and the RH is 49%. The controller calculates the VPD to be 1.43. My understanding is that VPD is less important when the lights are off. I also have a sensor in the lung room, so I know it's 69F with an RH of 56%. (The CO2 is 408 ppm.)

The VPD began rising again yesterday about half way through the lights on period. That caused the humidifier to come on, so I lowered it's "on" setting to 50%, and that's close to where the RH has stayed.

I'm not sure what I can or should do to keep the VPD in the preferred range. Watering will increase the RH, but I can't do that yet. Lowering the temperature will, too, and I have done that. I probably could lower it a few more degrees. As luck would have it, the weather has turned cold and dry, so that's working against a higher RH, as well. I also lowered the lights slightly. I know @GNick55 said to raise them, but the lights would lower the RH even more, I think.

I'll check soil moisture levels in about an hour when the lights are on to see if it's okay to water. It's difficult for me to understand how the plants could transpire much when the soil moisture readings are near the bottom of the scale.
ok you are definitely making this waaay more complicated than it is.. lowering your lights?
either take advice or don’t.
this is why this thread went all haywire..
you need to buy all the equipment needed.. you want to change things from the advice given than go ahead..
i’m trying to help more than one grower so when i see someone doing what your doing, i don’t want to bother anymore.,

BigBlonde

BigBlonde

ok you are definitely making this waaay more complicated than it is.. lowering your lights?
either take advice or don’t.
this is why this thread went all haywire..
you need to buy all the equipment needed.. you want to change things from the advice given than go ahead..
i’m trying to help more than one grower so when i see someone doing what your doing, i don’t want to bother anymore.,
@GNick55 Sorry. I'm probably thinking too much. I know you're trying to help and I really appreciate it. I also definitely want to stay on your good side.

Some of the practices in growing these plants are counterintuitive for me. I definitely do not understand light stress. Isn't it caused by too much light? You said there is light stress and also say to increase the light intensity. That, to me, seems like a contradiction and that's where I'm having trouble wrapping my brain around it. I'm the type of person who wants to know the theory behind the practice.

I'll move the lights back up. I only lowered them by six watts and only for a few hours because the RH was close to 40%. The lights come back on in 20 minutes, so when they do, I'll turn up the power. 240 watts would be 30 watts per square foot. Does that sound about right? Right now, they're at 27 watts per square foot. I don't have a light meter, so, till I do, I use wattage meters.

GNick55

GNick55

Staff
Supporter
@GNick55 Sorry. I'm probably thinking too much. I know you're trying to help and I really appreciate it. I also definitely want to stay on your good side.

Some of the practices in growing these plants are counterintuitive for me. I definitely do not understand light stress. Isn't it caused by too much light? You said there is light stress and also say to increase the light intensity. That, to me, seems like a contradiction and that's where I'm having trouble wrapping my brain around it. I'm the type of person who wants to know the theory behind the practice.

I'll move the lights back up. I only lowered them by six watts and only for a few hours because the RH was close to 40%. The lights come back on in 20 minutes, so when they do, I'll turn up the power. 240 watts would be 30 watts per square foot. Does that sound about right? Right now, they're at 27 watts per square foot. I don't have a light meter, so, till I do, I use wattage meters.
ya it’s all good don’t take my harshness personally..
do you need a humidifier?
i grow by reading my plants i have no idea of what my vpd is or par stuff, seriously to be a great grower the only thing that matters is what the plants are telling you..
trying to go by this and that is just screwing you up and costing you money and failure, so lesson learned is never ever follow manufacturers suggestions or those light scientists creeps especially the LED ones.,
you say you’ve had or believe a nutrient issue from the start, i’m guessing it’s been your lights the whole time and not a nutrient issue., but now you probably have a few issues initially resulting from the light stress than snow balls.,

Moshmen

Moshmen

i grow by reading my plants i have no idea of what my vpd is or par stuff, seriously to be a great grower the only thing that matters is what the plants are telling you..
trying to go by this and that is just screwing you up and costing you money and failure, so lesson learned is never ever follow manufacturers suggestions or those light scientists creeps especially the LED ones.,
you say you’ve had or believe a nutrient issue from the start, i’m guessing it’s been your lights the whole time and not a nutrient issue., but now you probably have a few issues initially resulting from the light stress than snow balls.,
I’ve been lurking - but this right here it great advice !!!+1

BigBlonde

BigBlonde

I understand.

I have one run by an Ink Bird controller. It's currently set to 50%.

Learning to read the plants is my goal, but I'm a long way from being there.

Point taken. Growing can be humbling.

I agree. I'm sure you're right about there being more than one issue. The problems got beyond my ability quickly. I'm sure that's how reading the plants -- and knowing what to do about it -- is essential.

GNick55

GNick55

Staff
Supporter
I understand.

I have one run by an Ink Bird controller. It's currently set to 50%.

Learning to read the plants is my goal, but I'm a long way from being there.

Point taken. Growing can be humbling.

I agree. I'm sure you're right about there being more than one issue. The problems got beyond my ability quickly. I'm sure that's how reading the plants -- and knowing what to do about it -- is essential.
yes and it’s not complicated, yes it takes some time and the only way to learn to read plants is too have issues and too figure out why, doesn’t mean you or me are right all the time, it took me a few “failed grows” to get back into the swing of things..
we just want to get you to a finish harvest.. along the way you’ll retain some information and you’ll start again and the more you go through it with the head aches as we all did too and with your system you will start knocking it out of the park!!
trust me you just have to put in your time.,

BigBlonde

BigBlonde

yes and it’s not complicated, yes it takes some time and the only way to learn to read plants is too have issues and too figure out why, doesn’t mean you or me are right all the time, it took me a few “failed grows” to get back into the swing of things..
we just want to get you to a finish harvest.. along the way you’ll retain some information and you’ll start again and the more you go through it with the head aches as we all did too and with your system you will start knocking it out of the park!!
trust me you just have to put in your time.,
I have never seen an inside grow at this stage before. So I don't know what success or failure looks like. My first grow was killed by spider mites before it got this far. The 'agony of defeat' has assured me that I'll have many more learning opportunities. Because my first grow failed, my main goal for this one has been to finish with something we can smoke. They don't have to win any prizes. Nevertheless, in spite of the problems, it looks like we'll get some smoke. Traveling this road from beginning to end is key, I think, because once that's done, it becomes a matter of improving everything in between.

Status update: The lights are on. I raised them to a combined 240 watts. They can go a lot higher--up to 480 watts.

I'll provide today's pictures in the next post.

BigBlonde

BigBlonde

All Plants, Wide View:
All D91   20230129 091908

Plant 1, Side View:
P1 D91   20230129 091938

Plant 2, Side View:
P2 D91   20230129 092003

Corndogselect406

Corndogselect406

It is starting to pray as it dries great sign. Defoilate all those yellow leave so the plant isn't trying to save them anymore. It should be a very light container by now eater tomorrow morning you will be all good for harvest.

Corndogselect406

Corndogselect406

Everything below the burnt leaf right in the middle of the picture. It is alot easier for the plant to heal after pruning than trying to save necrotic leafs

GNick55

GNick55

Staff
Supporter
It is starting to pray as it dries great sign. Defoilate all those yellow leave so the plant isn't trying to save them anymore. It should be a very light container by now eater tomorrow morning you will be all good for harvest.
are you ok? what the hell kinda advice is that?
anymore crazy post and your a goner..
seriously some people are in need of medicine..

Corndogselect406

Corndogselect406

Been on forums since overgrow. And supporters/staff are the reason I always leave. Crazy post?? Again? I'm not sure what the problem is just trying to help

Corndogselect406

Corndogselect406

Maybe because spell correct put eater instead of water? Water in the morning giving one more day to dry. Doesn't seem to crazy to.me

GNick55

GNick55

Staff
Supporter
Been on forums since overgrow. And supporters/staff are the reason I always leave. Crazy post?? Again? I'm not sure what the problem is just trying to help
ok but man some of your post are out of this world and i’ve checked out some of your grows and well i’m sure it’s good but there’s issues than these posts? i’ll let it ride for now in case i’m wrong.,

Latest posts

Top Bottom